GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131269
02/25/06 05:54 PM
02/25/06 05:54 PM
Pacific Northwest
Sig Segorn Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sig Segorn  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Pacific Northwest
Glad you're enjoying it, Peggy. I think it was you who said earlier that this game is intricate, and it is---maybe even too intricate sometimes---but there's still a lot to recommend it. Except for the setting and the early technology stuff, it reminds me of Baldur's Gate---not one for the casual gamer, but one you can dive into for a couple months or so.

I thought the tough part of the Vincent deal was getting to him, but that's par for the course in these games. I just did Half-Ogre Island. Was expecting a fight, but there wasn't any. Don't ask me why not. We just got to the Dark Elves village and should be knocking that out today. Happy adventuring!

Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131270
02/25/06 07:56 PM
02/25/06 07:56 PM
Houston TX USA
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer
PeggyH  Offline
Settled Boomer

Houston TX USA
I'm sort of bouncing all over the place right now. Don't seem to feel ready to tackle the Dark Elves yet. I'm cleaning up a few of the quests I had started and became distracted. That is one of the intricacies...you head in one direction only to find there are 3 or 4 ways to head from there. And Sig, I believe you are right. It does remind me of Baldur's Gate, one of my earliest RPGs. Maybe that is why I'm enjoying it so.

I also finished Half-orge Island. Was really geared up for a big battle but was done in minutes.
laugh

Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131271
02/27/06 09:28 PM
02/27/06 09:28 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I finished the game yesterday and I'm restarting it with a different character. I'm a technologist elf this time. I wish they made dresses with great AC stats so I didn't have to turn into a guy in armor.

Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131272
02/27/06 10:01 PM
02/27/06 10:01 PM
Pacific Northwest
Sig Segorn Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sig Segorn  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Pacific Northwest
Congrats on finishing (again), Debra. You'll have fun with a technologist character. Yeah, why can't they have some good-AC, enchanted dress for the ladies? I did the whole Mannox cave-related deal in the last session. That's quite a wide-ranging, multi-faceted side quest. I think we're taking a ship to Thanatos in the next session.

Syd, did you opt instead for the Might & Magic partaay? That topic had a better header, right? lol

Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131273
03/01/06 07:21 PM
03/01/06 07:21 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I've hacked the game to get everything this time.
I can try it all. That will be a first!
Are you doing all the side quests, Sig?

Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners? #131274
03/02/06 12:05 AM
03/02/06 12:05 AM
Pacific Northwest
Sig Segorn Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sig Segorn  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Pacific Northwest
No, in this playthrough, I'm not trying to do every side quest, but am picking and choosing. Even without the evil ones and the Thieves Underground ones, which I never do, there's still a lot of 'em in this game, many of which are just covered by little "thumbnails" in the strategy guide, and many of which could be missed by players not using a decent walkthrough. The game won't even let me do 'em all---the Jormund deal, for example. And we're well past the point where Virgil's leaving the party should've been triggered, but he hasn't left yet, if ever. Go figure.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 256 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users