GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#131254 - 02/18/06 08:51 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Body in California/Heart in Ha...
I did get the word that GoGamer has sent me a package - I was pretty excited laugh except I think I hit the slow boat to china way of delivery by mistake so the game may be coming by carrier pigeon lol

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#131255 - 02/18/06 04:58 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: southeastern Michigan
There's only one sheep at Madam Lil's, but she's a real sweetheart. lol

#131256 - 02/19/06 11:41 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Central Texas
It's an inside joke, no pun intended, Syd. When you get to Madam Lil's you can have a good laugh.

OK now for the serious stuff. I AM STUCK! I cannot get the password from Gunter for Mannox Cave. I have checked all the WT's and I should have it. Any help would be appreciated.
I can't get the glass key without getting that password. I have gone back to the sarcophagus in the Panarii Temple and relooked at everything 3 times. I correctly went through the dialog with Hadrian and Gunter, I have Durin's Truth (the book) I have gone to The Lost Voices what am I missing?

#131257 - 02/19/06 02:42 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Debra, the strategy guide says that you get this password from Hadrian, at the temple in Caladon, when you tell him you're an archaeologist. He gives you the password so you can access an extra section of the catacombs beneath the temple, but it's also used to enter Mannox's cave for that Wheel Clan side quest. Alexander, an acolyte at the temple, directs you to Hadrian, an archaeologist in one of the offices just behind him, when you ask for more information about Nasrudin. Okay?

#131258 - 02/19/06 03:53 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Been there done that. The password needed is truth and he gave me a word that starts with a "C" (Crimstone) which I did not need to get into the crypt and cannot use at Mannox cave.
I just can't figure it out. Is there any other place you can get a glass key?

#131259 - 02/19/06 06:30 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

I went back and re-played the Mannox Cave quest and this time it worked. I did the same things so maybe it was just a glich in the game. I have just photographed the elusive Lethe Wyvern and complete the Durin Stone. I'm doing the odd and sundry left over side quests before I go to the Venigroth Wastes. I think I'll do the altars too. Now that I have Conveyence it's not such a much.
Peggy and Sig where are you now? Have we been three ships passing in the night?

#131260 - 02/19/06 08:21 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Houston TX USA
I have gone adventuring in the real world. Took a 3 day trip to New Orleans for the first weekend of Mardi Gras. My younger son was in a parade and we want to give all the help and support that we can. Those folks so need tourists back as the economy depends on tourism. But it is still not quite up to snuff as many restaurants are closed, many hotels are nearly full of displaced persons and clean-up crews. Employers are having a hard time finding staff and on and on. My heart just hurts for them. I bought a lovely fleur-de-lis as so many natives are doing as a symbol of hope.

Sig, I don't know where my brain was when I tried giving Magnus the snuff. I just put it in his inventory and thought, "Oh, well. He doesn't recognize that I gave it to him". So, I'll just take it back and "give" it the right way. I had thought of the scarring I must be suffering, but did not know how to check on it. By the time I finish this game I am sure to have figured it out!

I am always good as I just like being a hero/heroine. I thrive on all those accolades. rotfl

#131261 - 02/19/06 09:11 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Glad you got unstuck there, Debra. I took a day off from the game yesterday, so I'm still at the last point I said I was, but I'm gonna go make some more headway after posting this.

Yeah, Peggy, give Magnus the snuff the way I said and it oughta perk him up.

#131262 - 02/22/06 09:41 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer

Hmmm... I seem to have a problem. think I just finished the altar at Vooriden and received the Halcyon blessing. Good. Except that I lost a point in strength and one in DX. Can't afford to lose either of those!! cry

I did let Magnus go as he was being a real snit. Complaining constantly and the snuff did not work. I took Jormund in Qintarra and then let him go for the big guy to carry the rock for the new altar. Now that I am back and have fixed the altar, Jormund is gone, too! I may just have to replay this part, long trip or not. frown

#131263 - 02/23/06 02:08 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Peggy. About Jormund being gone when you got back, some---maybe most---of the recruitable characters will vanish if you have them wait too long. The other issue, about the various gods and their altars, is more complicated. It takes up 2-and-a-half pages in the strategy guide, and much of that is fine print. Here's part of it:

" . . . some gods will curse you for making offerings to other gods, unless you've first made an offering to an in-between god. Aldous Buxington at Tarant University can explain them to you, give you a book describing them in detail, and show you the diagram for Mazzerin's Mystery---the key to Velorien's Blessing of Ultimate Power."

Hope that helps.

#131264 - 02/23/06 11:08 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer

I redid the quest since I had Sogg Mead Mug and I am strong enough now so I carried the stone. All done and kept little quiet Jory.

Am now in pursuit of the book that Mist had about the location of the Dark Elves. And I am doing a few little side quests now and then. Turns out that I am a pretty good photographer of rare Wyverns! lol

#131265 - 02/24/06 03:30 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sounds like you're hitting your stride and doing better, Peggy. Been thinking . . . since you had that mishap with Virgil, if you want a replacement healer in your party, you might wanna talk to Jayna Stiles the next time you're in Dernholm (her house is just to your right from where you zone in). She wants to go to Tarant (for starters) cuz she's a scientific healer and technology is outlawed in that part of Arcanum. If you do pick her up and ever want to give her a treat, she likes sweet cakes.

#131266 - 02/24/06 07:19 PM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Don't sell all your lava rocks Peggy if you're going to do the gods quest. It took me days and a little hacker program to get that boo-boo fixed.
Some gods have to be given 2 sacrifices of the same thing. Geodes, rings and lava rocks are things to keep in your inventory in duplicate.

#131267 - 02/25/06 12:28 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer

This is really a fun game. I'm sure I am not playing the best ways, but I am moving right along and enjoying it greatly. I just finished off old Vincent in Caladon. That took a little effort! There is a lot of traveling but I level up pretty fast with all the encounters along the trails. thumbsup

Thanks for the tips, Debra and Sig. I must check my inventory and the storeroom I keep in Shrouded Hills. Off to the half-orc isle tomorrow. wave

#131268 - 02/25/06 07:36 AM Re: Starting a replay of Arcanum---any joiners?
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Vincent is a tough cookie! I'm glad you made it through that encounter. I haven't done the half-orc isle yet. I'm currently in the Vendigroth Ruins looking for the device.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Marian, Draclvr, Sherlock, oldbroad, family, CanukDenis, CountZero, Pokey, jimrh69, Ewil02), 67 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GlitzyGal72, Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose, Mistywarren
8512 Registered Users