GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#131576 - 04/26/06 09:17 AM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
sharebear Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by oldman:
Hi all,

Well here I am again with another problem (what's new?).

I'm at the point in the thieves guild quests where I just got Fathis Ules from Imperial City as my fence and I'm supposed to fence up to 800 gold. My problem is that he's never home. I've been to his house in Imperial City for 24 hours and he's never there. I read a walkthru that said he's supposed to be on a bench in back of his house but he's never there.

Now I'm going to take a deep breath quit for a while and study the problem. Maybe if I sleep on it and come back tommorow he'll suddenly appear.
There is a mod that fixes Fathis Ule so he will be where he is supposed to be.

Oldman,

ALSO, there is a mod that is called "No Quest Items" that allows you to put your quest items in your home to store them if you want so you don't have to carry them all around. Quest items cannot be sold for gold, and weigh nothing, but can become a pain if you don't actually NEED them anymore.

I store them in a chest in my house. The mod makes it so you can do that.

Everyone,

Seriously guys, if you have any issues like the above two - you should have a look at all of the game mods that FIX problems. There are quite a few!

#131577 - 04/26/06 12:51 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Tamia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
I have two questions. I just started this game last week. I'm a level 7 Redguard warrior.

I need to find ectoplasm. I've only got two. Where can I get more?

Also, in the Mages quest with the pillar you lower, the spells for enhance magica and sever magica don't help the pillar lower. Is it because I have scrolls and don't "know" the spells? The fire and snow spells work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

#131578 - 04/26/06 01:02 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
Ha! I found out why Fathis Ules isn't available to me. I ran into him in Chorrol and he is very mad at me. I refused to give him back a sword he stole in a previous quest. The game told me to take it to the castle and I didn't realize I would run into Fathis again.

Anyway I pawned my stuff at another fence and have received my next quest from the Gray Fox.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#131579 - 04/26/06 03:16 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Tamia, you can get ectoplasm from ghosts that you find in aelid ruins. You need an enchanted weapon to kill them. So you are a Redguard? Be careful: I need a Redguard victim for one of my soultrap missions. evil

#131580 - 04/26/06 03:33 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Demosthenes Offline
Addicted Boomer

Tamia, when that happened to me on that mage quest, it was because I was trying to use the spells on the crystals around the edges of the room instead of on the pillar at the center. You need to use them on the pillar.

Order's also important, so if it doesn't work, try switching the order of the last two spells.

#131581 - 04/26/06 04:14 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Here's something I've been meaning to ask, but keep forgetting. In two of the elven ruins I've been to, there has been a large, pink crystal, that shoots at me! It does quite a bit of damage, too. I imagine it's set as a guardian. Does anyone know what to do with these? Can they be destroyed?

Jean

#131582 - 04/26/06 05:28 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Townsville, QLD Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Tamia:

Also, in the Mages quest with the pillar you lower, the spells for enhance magica and sever magica don't help the pillar lower. Is it because I have scrolls and don't "know" the spells? The fire and snow spells work. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Two of the scrolls are 'touch' which means you have to stand next to the pillar when you cast them. Fire and snow are distance spells that you can cast from way back.

#131583 - 04/26/06 05:31 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by JMK:
Here's something I've been meaning to ask, but keep forgetting. In two of the elven ruins I've been to, there has been a large, pink crystal, that shoots at me! It does quite a bit of damage, too. I imagine it's set as a guardian. Does anyone know what to do with these? Can they be destroyed?
Excellent question. I drink a Resist Fire potion and run like heck. I assume it's a trap like swinging blades and crushing blocks that you just need to avoid or time right. I don't have nearly enough hit points to find if you can destroy it. smile

#131584 - 04/26/06 05:50 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Pip. I avoided them and got what I wanted, but I wonder if they are some type of special power crystal. Maybe I'll pop on over to the official forum when I get home this evening and see if anyone knows.

Jean

#131585 - 04/26/06 08:59 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Dos anyone else find the fighters' guild porter to be annoying? Even though I am now his boss he still hovers around me watching my every move - as if I were going to steal something. whistle

#131586 - 04/26/06 10:26 PM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rowan:
<strong> Dos anyone else find the fighters' guild porter to be annoying? Even though I am now his boss he still hovers around me watching my every move - as if I were going to steal something. evil

Tonight I'm trying two of the mods. The first is BTmod, does a lot of stuff including making more of your inventory on screen at once and making the map larger as well. The other is a fix for female elf type voices. I've been thinking my character made some awfully low pitched sounds when fighting. Someone has replaced the male voice with a female one from Morrowind.

I still hope most of the bugs will get a patch one of these days. It'll be big though, many small things have come to light.

#131587 - 04/27/06 01:35 AM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
hagatha Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Hah,! That porter wouldn't survive long in the Dark Brotherhood. Now that I'm in charge they're fawning all over me, veritably tripping over their own feet to make me happy, stammering when they talk to me because I. Am. The Boss. smile

And don't get me started on the Thieves. They're polite enough, but when I don my Cowl, they practically fall to their knees in awe.

If only real life was like that.

#131588 - 04/27/06 06:14 AM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi all,

Ingie....you will have to close the gates near all of the towns when you do the Allies for Bruma quest. Those are the ones you will get credit for closing and you will collect soldiers from each town to help later on in the game.

There will be about 50 or more other gates opening up and you can either close them or not.

They do have good stuff like rare plant life or goodies in those funny looking flesh pods and the Sigil Stone can be used to enchant armor or weapons.

Each gate will have a different path to reach the Sigil Stone Tower. This is the one that has a stream of fire shooting up with the stone at the top of it.

There will be 3 Towers in each gate and how to get to the Sigil Tower if different in each gate.

You may have to open bridges from 2 Towers to get to the Sigil Tower or you may have to go through caves to get to it and so on.

I would suggest you practice how to get to the Sigil Stone because the main quest has a really tricky Gate Quest and you have to get through it to continue the game to the end.

#131589 - 04/27/06 06:22 AM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
thanks Magic wave
...I was definitely informed wrong..
I did go into the one outside of Burma and didn't find anything...should search a bit harder now that I know..

Ingie laugh

#131590 - 04/27/06 08:06 AM Re: Oblivion-continued Game Play..Spoilers of course
Tamia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ok, got the ectoplasm and can finally continue on my fighters guild quest.

But can someone please just "spell" laugh it out for me, what spells do I need to get the pillar down? Fire and snow work. I've tried reversing the order of the others, that didn't matter. But I didn't touch it. Do I need damage magica and fortify magicia? If so, I don't have those exact spells. I was trying some others that sound similar. Having trouble finding them, and wanted to know if that's what I need before I run all over the country looking for them.

I've only closed one gate so far. But I will get to some soon. It seems like good experience and I can use some money. I have no house and I'm tired of carrying everything! smile

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
18 registered (Gimme, Ewil02, kjos, 3dobermans, Marian, Gamer, hagatha, 3 invisible), 79 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Challyn20, Poppysmom, shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu
8421 Registered Users