GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#132000 - 07/14/06 05:54 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
No, you've gone the right way.

But after you get to the office and pick up the fuse, you go back down the stairs and there's a tentacle blocking the way again. The Tentacled One has found Jack! I guess it peered in the window of the office and decided Jack had gone far enough.

One you go back down the stairs from the office, to get past it you have to walk along the wall to the crates that are sittiing there, jump over them, turn around and jump back. Stay close to the wall!

The tentacle will have moved over BRIEFLY so ASAP get yourself back along the catwalks to the the ladder and back up to the original spot where you first met the Giant Calamari. Watch out for sneak attacks. When you get back to the top, that's where you need to use the fuse. After that you should be able to get to the next save spot.

#132001 - 07/14/06 08:02 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: seattle, wa
Hi hagatha; My eternal gratitude. Now I know how I will be spending my weekend. I'm just not fast enough with the bolts and doors "IT" gets me every time. I think I usually make it to the third door, but that's it. This is going to take a while. eek scared Maybe if I turn off the sound and try it that way? nu2gaming

#132002 - 07/14/06 08:46 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that bit! Yes, turning down the sound does help keep you from panicking. And again, apparently turning the resolution down helps although I never tried that.

That sequence made me want to go to the fish store and buy a whole lot of calamari and octopus for a revenge stir fry! evil

#132006 - 07/15/06 11:51 AM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

I don't see how this game can get any harder. I'm on Boy Scout level and I can not get past the second bolted door. Does anyone have a saved game? help nu2gaming

#132007 - 07/15/06 01:32 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

I don't have one for that spot, unfortunately. My game was on P.I. Level anyway.

Have you tried turning down the game resolution? Some people reported that this makes Jack's movement easier. Also, is Jack wounded at all? If he is he will not move as fast -- especially if he has a leg injury.

Otherwise, you should just be opening and closing/bolting doors and moving on to the next one until you get through the fourth one, I think it is.

#132009 - 07/15/06 04:42 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm glad you were able to get Jack moving again.

How did your son speed him up? Jack only ever moved at one speed for me - almost painfully slowly. I always felt like screaming at him -- "Run, you fool! Run!"

#132010 - 07/15/06 05:18 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Hagatha; there is a patch you can download where you can pick and choose all kinds of things (including god-mode) like Jack's speed; severity of injuries etc., etc. A very long list.
In case anyone is interested it's from JohnBoy on page 2 of this thread.

EDIT: Alright! I want a save just before you enter the ritual chamber. Soon I will start cheering the bugs that are eating Jack alive. nu2gaming

#132011 - 07/15/06 09:42 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

OK. What's the trick? The first time I entered the ritual room I managed to push the stand with the red stone almost to the door before Jack collapsed with DT's. Now I've been back 4 times and I barely get in the room before he's down. cry duh rotfl

#132012 - 07/16/06 12:48 AM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

OK. What you're trying to do is get a red light beam to shine on that spot above the door you came in. The statue sends out the red light beam when you push the button on the apparatus at the end of the room. The light bounces off the statue.

You need to push the statue to ABOUT half way to the door, but do it in stages, pushing the button after you push the statue, to see where the light is shining.

The statue in this room seems to make Jack REALLY loopy, and it eventually drives him insane. By the way if you end up in the asylum, you get back to the game by exiting your room.

Once the red beam has hit the spot above the door, you have to take the red jewel from the statue in order to open the door, and that's how you get back out - same door you came in.

#132013 - 07/16/06 08:27 AM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks hagatha; I thought I had to push the thing all the way to the door. And I didn't know anything about a button. The first time I pushed the stand almost to the door. Ever since, Jack blows it quicker and quicker. The last time, I barely entered the room. Is there a star/save point I can get to to bolster his sanity before I try again? And, I thought when he goes completely bonkers I had to reload and try again. nu2gaming

#132014 - 07/16/06 12:38 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

happydance Praise the Lord and pass the whiskey! I made it to the save point at smugglers pass. I hope there is a bit of a respite now. wave nu2gaming

#132015 - 07/16/06 01:45 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

The first bit of this area can be tricky but all in all, since you have your weapons, this level should be a walk in the park. Er, comparatively speaking.

Edit: Oh, and one thing I found about Jack getting worse and worse - he does seem to do this with each reload from within the game. I actually found that if I exited the game and then restarted Jack seems calmer.

#132016 - 07/16/06 02:07 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks hagatha; I am now in the Masonic Hall (my father would have a fit). Boy does it feel good to be able to kill these freaks again. happydance wave nu2gaming

#132017 - 07/16/06 04:02 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm sure I've been in every room downstairs and upstairs, back downstairs, opened safe, back upstairs. Where the devil is this stone tablet I'm supposed to translate? I find a big arch looking thing but no tablet. nu2gaming

#132018 - 07/16/06 05:05 PM Re: Call of Cthulhu/Dark Corners of the Earth
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

happydance I figured it out!!! I have released Mackey (he's not looking so good), and made my save. Now I have to get some chores done. wave nu2gaming

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, shroeder, Robert Gault, CanukDenis, Pandora, samuel, Terri824, Koala, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users