GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#132368 - 08/04/06 04:19 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: seattle, wa
Somebody; help I'm in the complex facing the machine gun nest. How do I use the grenades? nu2gaming

#132369 - 08/04/06 04:23 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
You use the grenades just like any other weapon. You need to scroll through your weapons until you are holding a grenade. Press your left mouse button to throw it.

Rusty wave

#132374 - 08/05/06 03:41 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi; Yesterday I made some quick saves and thought I'd go back to them today but they're gone. Has anyone else had this happen? Do the quick saves delete for some reason? nu2gaming

EDIT: I've just discovered some green cans that look a lot like the grenades. I can pick them up and carry them around but I don't know what to do with them. I've found 5 of them in a room in the complex where I killed some guards. What are they and can I use them some way?

#132375 - 08/05/06 06:19 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

No, the quick saves don't get deleted. How are you trying to access your saves? Are you clicking on "load game" from the main menu?

The green cans are probably nothing important. This game engine allows the ability to pick up almost anything.

Rusty wave

#132376 - 08/05/06 06:29 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm clicking on load game and then choosing from the list of saved games. It's just that yesterday I had some saves earlier than I finally quit for the day and I thought I'd go back to them and try to improve my weapons and health but they are gone. I save often and my later games were still there but my earlier games are not. nu2gaming

#132377 - 08/06/06 08:13 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I finally made it through the gauntlet. Phew. 9 points of health. Got to the basket with supplies and have now landed and shot the lock off a gate, entered a building and got the 357. Then fought my way outside. For the life of me I cannot find an exit from the yard full of container cars and a chopper is shooting at me! How do I get out of here? (This part is where I'm supposed to get the machine gun that will shoot down the choppers.) nu2gaming

#132378 - 08/07/06 06:54 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

rotfl Maybe I need a patch? Please help. nu2gaming

#132379 - 08/07/06 07:01 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

No patches needed for Steam games nu2gaming. They are automatically updated through the internet when Steam starts.

Regarding the saves, when you go to the load screen, there should be a tab for Auto saves (which the game does itself) and a tab for Quick saves (the ones that you make yourself while playing). Make sure you click on the tab that says "Quick Saves". See if they are in there.

Rusty wave

#132380 - 08/07/06 07:32 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Rusty; When I click on the icon (on my desktop) to load the game it says "loading" then I get a menu: New Game; Load Game; Friends; Options; Quit. I click on "Load Game" and get a screen that says, "Select a saved game in the list below, then click "load game". When I scroll thru the list of saves, a lot of them are gone. Sometimes I have to repeat two days of game play to return to the spot where I last saved. I don't know what is happening. The last two days of game play were tough and I've had to repeat them. nu2gaming

#132381 - 08/07/06 08:00 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

How are you manually saving the game? There should be both Quick saves and Auto saves on the load screen to choose from.

Rusty wave

#132382 - 08/07/06 08:03 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Rusty; Sometimes I save by pressing "F6" and sometimes it auto saves and sometimes I hit "quit" and save. nu2gaming

#132383 - 08/07/06 08:12 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Do you see any saves at all in the list that are called "Quick Saves"? Those would be the saves from pressing F6.

Rusty wave

#132384 - 08/07/06 08:43 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Yeah some, but sometimes, like today, all the saves are from 2 days ago. I don't know what is happening to the rest of them. I save when the w/t says there is a rough spot up ahead, and before my health gets too low, so I can try it again. I don't know Rusty. nu2gaming

#132385 - 08/07/06 08:46 PM Re: Half-Life 2
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

I'm sorry I can't help you with this save problem. I don't know what would prevent only some of the Quick Saves from showing up in the load list. duh I've never heard of this problem with any game.

Rusty wave

#132386 - 08/07/06 09:05 PM Re: Half-Life 2
nu2gaming Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Rusty; Guess I'll just have to live with it. Right now I'm in some kind of big pipe and just around the corner is the exit with a chopper hovering. If he sees me he shoots into the pipe. I back up and he quits firing. Can I wait him out? My health points are down to 14, right at the exit are two supply boxes but with the chopper at the opening I can't get to them. Do I just have to bite the bullet and hope I can get the supplys before he kills me? Or can I hide and he will go away? nu2gaming

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Draclvr, Marian, BrownEyedTigre, Rushes, Flo NS, CaptainD, auntiegram, Jfi, 2 invisible), 80 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users