GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132713 - 09/27/06 12:58 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: southeastern Michigan
Yeah, Liz Taylor did make a good-lookin' Cleopatra. I actually think Egypt is a little overrated, but I did enjoy the camel ride. Did you see that statue at that King Tut exhibit that was going around? And you're one up on me because I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. lol

BTW, I just found the first error in the strategy guide. The jade figurine you need to complete the Wealthy Collector side quest in the Orient part of the game was in a different cave than the book said it was. My only guess is that its location varies depending upon the difficulty level you're playing on, but that's still weird because you can't even play the game on a higher difficulty until you've played it through the first time. Whatever.

#132714 - 09/27/06 06:49 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I was thinking more of Richard Burton myself. razz I saw the statue at a museum in Berlin.
That's good to know about the strategy guide. There were errors in the Morrowind strategy guide as well - and I always thought before that the guides were infallible...

#132716 - 09/28/06 12:04 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

It's not bad, Pib! It has its flaws, but I've played a lot worse for sure. The scenery is very interesting, although not graphically entrancing like a Dungeon Siege 2 or Morrowind, good music, and a big variety on skill options. It's very easy too, which is good or bad, depending on how you look at it. laugh

#132718 - 09/28/06 06:01 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

That's right Sig. That voice...sigh. I wish I could say that with the same dreamy tone for the voices in this game, but I sure can't. And the dialog cuts out. Did that happen for you as well? I know I can look up the important dialog with the quest tab, thank goodness.Off to the tomb of Ramses, I believe...

#132719 - 09/29/06 03:09 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

If you mean the dialogue breaks off when NPCs who are talking get bumped by a summoned creature of yours, they fixed this in, I believe, the 1.15 patch, so you might wanna check that. There are incremental patches available, so you can just patch it from this version to that version in the middle of a playthrough. Of course, the 1.20 patch came out the other day, but I have to wait till October 2nd to install that, cuz the Mega Trainer for that version isn't available to the public till then.

#132720 - 09/30/06 09:50 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Is that what is happening? Even when my creature isn't near the NPC? I'll be darned! Thanks! I always try to play through these unpatched first if I think there's the possibility I might do a review.
You must be about finished with the game, huh?

#132721 - 09/30/06 03:57 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, that's probably what's happening. Playing with a trainer, my character has all of the summon skills, so I can tell you that all of them, except for the wolf, move around when you're talking to an NPC. The 1.15 patch (I believe it is) fixes how NPCs break off what they were saying when bumped by a fidgety summon. You should probably patch your game all the way up to the latest version, 1.20. Check out all the fixes in the various patches and you'll see a slew of improvements---a memory leak fix, performance enhancements like time smoothing, and much more. If your game is presently unpatched, you'll want the standalone 1.20 patch, not one of the incremental ones.

And yeah, I portaled to Olympus at the end of my last session, so I just have the endgame to knock out. That last Telkine fight had me worried. I don't know why (seems to have just been a glitch in something), but, for the first 2 or 3 tries, I couldn't hurt or tire it out at all, and I was hittin' it for minutes on end with everything I've got, which is a lot. And trying cheat options I hadn't used before, like Zero Enemy Health, Invisibility, and Enemy Tamer, didn't help at all. On the last attempt, I saw it was getting hurt, so I knew I had it then. I'll still be around to root the rest of you on, but I'll be giving the game to a local friend after beating it, and giving him the strategy guide, too.

#132724 - 10/01/06 04:51 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Maggie. wave CYE. Oh, you're one step ahead of the email reply I just sent you, but that's cool.

Nickie, that Liche King is kinda cute, for a lich, isn't he? Does a good job of protecting you, though, as do all the summons. You have to like anything that will die to protect you from anything, no matter how imposing or how numerous the attackers. It's interesting . . . all of the summons except for the Storm Wisp go after hostiles in your vicinity on their own. The Wisp likes to be more of a personal bodyguard, and will not let anything lay a hand on you without getting zapped. It will, however, go aid one of the other summons if they really need it. Nice how they look out for each other.

Yeah, the 3 Telkine fights in the game are increasingly tough, and the last one isn't the final boss---that would be Typhon the Titan---so watch your booty. I finished the game in the last session. To answer your question, I'm gonna reinstall Morrowind and play some more of that for a while. Didn't have my fill of it when I was replaying it with some mods a few months back. Tally ho!

#132725 - 10/02/06 12:34 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Yeah, I have grown awfully fond of the Lich. He just floats along, blissfully unconcerned about the rampaging hordes that are attacking us, and zaps away! laugh
I noticed that the game seemed to become more difficult round about the Valley Of Kings. Right now my hero and Floaty are on their way to find some guy in a remote place on a mountain. I think we're level 28. What level were you when you did the last Telkine battle, Sig? And have fun again with Morrowind!

Maggie, if the trainer helps you enjoy the game, well then, it's a good thing. This is supposed to be fun! happydance

#132726 - 10/02/06 01:27 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arizona, U.S.A.
Hi
smile duh duh duh
I am lost in the maze in the Castle up on Tritons Ridge. Does anyone know of a good map. I am lost, so send food and drink please. I am now a 46 and with the trainer it has been a big help but still loveing it and having lots of fun.
Sig, if you hear of a map, can you let me know and Nickie too. Thanks both of you so much.

Maggie laugh

#132727 - 10/02/06 01:42 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Satine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
I just did the gorgon fight. I was never able to separate them but with the lich summon they really weren't too hard. He is nice to have along.

For a great walkthrough complete with full maps I am using

http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/walkthrough.php

#132730 - 10/02/06 12:09 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nickie laugh

It is a real bummer being lost in one of those and I like the one Satine gave all of us as it is bigger. My eyesight is not too good for the tiny one on the screen, so this helps a lot, also the information.

Good Luck Nickie

Maggie bravo bravo bravo thumbsup thumbsup

#132731 - 10/02/06 03:46 PM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
Sig Segorn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nickie, I forget what level my character was in that 3rd Telkine fight, but it still had me worried. Got Morrowind reinstalled and am getting back into that, so off I go. An adventurer's work is never done. wave

#132733 - 10/03/06 01:38 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

That's great, Maggie! I just finished the game, and enjoyed it. For me, I think the hardest boss character was the Bull you meet way before the end. I was covering those same tracks several times laugh

#132734 - 10/04/06 01:55 AM Re: Has Anyone played Titan Quest?
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

NIckie- smile

So glad that you enjoyed it, for me it is a keeper of a game. I just came out of an ice cave into Outer Mongolia and am fighting lots of beasts as usual. I am stopping for the night as it is almost midnight here and I will play it again tomorrow. I will look forward to that beast you are talking about. Do you remember about where it is?

Thanks

Maggie happydance thumbsup thumbsup

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (manxman, BrownEyedTigre, Koala, Draclvr, colpet, gymcandy1, cailyn, maryjo, GBC, CanukDenis), 68 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users