GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#133079 - 10/27/02 04:30 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
Stitchman Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Kent, WA
Nickie: You do not need to cross any air spirals to get the catacomb key.

As you enter Tiralin (not teleport), you will be facing the mayor's house. Go through the archway on the left side. the house you are looking for is in that area.

#133080 - 10/27/02 06:49 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Stitchman, thanks, but I located the house, it's just that I have no key. I have several other keys, including Quinlin's, but I missed picking up the key earlier.

#133081 - 10/27/02 11:27 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
Hi nickie: Is there another fairy master in that area? If so, you have to fight him, also. I don't remember if he's the one who has the key, though. I've been playing this so long today my mind is all fuzzy.

I finally made it through the swamp, but it was tough. I found the place with the nature card, and wouldn't you know it that @)#($*(# elf was there, too!! I was able to beat him this time. I hope he was the last in that area.

Jean

#133082 - 10/28/02 03:27 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
dre Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Lithuania
Hi all.
I wasn't talking about a huge metal door, where a dwarf is standing - I was talking about another door in Tiralin. When you first come to this city & turn right, a goblin comes and asks you to help his people in Duralin. When you defeat the shadow elves and come back to Tiralin - the goblin keeps walking near a low building, which has a lock on it.
What's behind THAT door?

#133083 - 10/28/02 06:46 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi dre: I'll have to check on that. The catacombs are in that direction. To get to that door, as you walk in the main entrance, turn right, and then turn left and go down a slight sloping street. If you walk down the stairs in the catacombs you come to another locked door that I don't know how to get in yet. I'll look around and see if there are any more that I'm missing.

Jean

#133084 - 10/28/02 10:58 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Dre, I think you're talking about the catacombs.And I've found 20 pixies also, and have ignored 2, but I have no idea where the other ones were! I found the key - thanks all - that I had missed earlier. Useful item down there. Got the fire card with my new and improved crew, and now am starting the Shadow Realm. Getting the fire card is one tough battle, because there are six fairies against you at one time, instead of appearing one at a time like the other fights. Congratulations Jean! Now you can get rid of the bushes, and open up other passageways.

#133085 - 10/28/02 11:44 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi nickie: Did you notice that there is a crystal sphere in the pixie hunter's basement? I think we need the air card to get it, though, because there is a big gap to cross.

BTW, do you know what we do with the stones of evolution? I have 2. I suppose it's the same thing as the golden carrot, except that it can only be used when a fairy is right near evolution. I tried dragging it on to some of my fairies but nothing happened.

Jean wave

#133086 - 10/28/02 12:08 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Jean, you can only use the evolution stones on certain fairies. There is a chart that shows you the ones that can use them (F1 and click arrow right)- a fire stone will do wonders for your tinefoil. Just a tip- if you get the dwarf tools that are missing, don't use them on a fairy, because you need them to get into a house.
No, I didn't see the sphere, but at the time I didn't have an air fairy or the air card.

#133087 - 10/28/02 12:33 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi nickie: I'll check it out when I get home. I have both the nature and fire stones. I've seen those pictures of the fairies, and they don't look at all like any of the ones I have.

Thanks for your help! wave

Jean

#133088 - 10/28/02 12:42 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
Stitchman Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Kent, WA
Dre: I caught 29 of the pixies, one of those little buggers must be hiding from me real well.

Jean: There are 2 crystal spheres in the pixie hunter's basement and you will indeed need the air card to get them (you can always buy crystal spheres for lots of money)

The Tinefoil fairy can be changed into different types of fairies using the evolution stones. I actually transformed 2 of them into fire fairies so I could have them to use before I got to the lava caves. If you look in the fairy book (assuming you caught a Tinefoil) it will say that he can be changed into other faires. I think he can transform into 3 types and of course you would need to do all 3 transformations if you hope to get all the fairies in the game.

The dwarf tools are also required to get the Fire key to use the elevator in the dwarf town to access the lava caves. They don't get used by the dwarfs who request them, so they'll stay in your inventory.

#133089 - 10/28/02 07:41 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Ahem, they stay in your inventory unless you are silly and use them on the metal fairy to evolve her. But I can't imagine who would do that, cough, cough.

#133090 - 10/29/02 09:42 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

I found the tinefoil fairy near the hut, but it beat me. The second time I came back ready to fight and capture it, there were other fairies there, so I guess I'll just have to keep trying! Anyway, I've gone back to the swamp to play around, and so far have found 2 golden carrots, some money, and a crystal sphere!

Jean

#133091 - 10/29/02 09:57 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

The tinefoil is a tough little guy! But if you can grab it and use the fire stone on it, it is great to have. The catacombs have some great items as well, including two crystal globes, but the creatures there are very tough. Great that you're taking the time to wander the swamps - seems a lot of the game consists of trying to get your guys strong, and then you switch them out and have to do it all over again. I only have two fairies that I had in the early stages, including the first one. Is yours beating his chest yet? Right now I'm leaping and bounding, trying to get bone keys.

#133092 - 10/29/02 11:36 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

I asked over at the zanzarah forum, and was told that the pond in the woods heals a minimal amount of hitpoints of damaged fairies.

#133093 - 10/30/02 09:34 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for the info re the pond, nickie. I'll take any help I can get!

I finally got my tinefoil last night and used the fire stone on him. Now I've just got to build him up. Where in the world can I find spells for fire fairies? I haven't come across any yet.

I think I accidently found the tournament tree in the swamp. Is it the one where you keep getting attacked by fairy after fairy, without a chance to use the runes to leave in between them? What an experience that was. I think I lasted through 3 fairies, but the 4th got me.

Where are you now in the game?

Jean

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (Debra, oldman, Koala, oldbroad, SolMan, J. King, Gimme, BrownEyedTigre), 90 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users