GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#133157 - 11/20/02 11:15 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
Thanks, Stitchman and nickie! lol

I got the psi card and 2 light fairies, so the next day is going to be spent evolving them.

Do either of you remember which ones you used towards the end of the game? I like them all! I wish we could do more than 5 at a time.

Jean

#133158 - 11/21/02 10:45 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I tried out various combinations too, especially after reading of other people's ideas of the "perfect team". However, what worked for me was pretty much different than what worked for others. I finished with the stone fairy, the V nature fairy, the metal fairy evolved twice with the tools, tinezard (tinefoil with firestone)and the V energy fairy (I changed their names, so can't remember the originals). I suspect a lot of their success was due to their spells, as almost all of them had a firespell. Of course I had to go back to London whenever I needed the air fairy for the spirals.

#133159 - 11/21/02 02:27 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi nickie:

How can you give a firespell to another fairy other than a tinefol, dragwen or fire fairy? I have one extra fire stone and I'm trying to figure if I should give it to a tinefol, or wait until I get a dragwen. If I could give it to someone else that would be great! wave

Jean

#133160 - 11/21/02 05:08 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

You can't use the fire stone on anybody else, but they can use fire spells ( you know, when they have the rainbow circle or square).

#133161 - 11/21/02 05:37 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi nickie:

I didn't realize that! All the way through the game and I found out now. rolleyes I'll try it tonight when I get home.

So, if a nature fairy has a green circle and a rainbow one, that means it can use one circle of another type spell? Anyway, I'll find out tonight. I know I've tried using, say, a 2 circle of something else on a plain and rainbow and it didn't work. But maybe I did the wrong thing. I've bought a lot of fire spells, but don't have three of them yet.

I'll let you know what happens! wave

Jean

#133162 - 11/21/02 07:52 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

THat's right, you wouldn't be able to use a two circle spell of a different nature, but if you had the one circle of your own discipline and one rainbow circle, you could use almost any of the other one circle spells. I've forgotten which, but there are a couple that won't work - maybe it is the light and dark.

#133163 - 11/23/02 08:02 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Almost finished! I've been to the lava caves, finished the catacombs and am now wandering around looking for the other 4 pixies. I'd really like to find them before going for the final battle, which, I understand, is somewhere in the swamp.

I have about 70 fairies now. If I had enough space on my computer I'd save the games and keep trying to find them all afterwards, but I probably won't. Sigh -- I'm going to miss this!

Jean

#133164 - 11/23/02 08:11 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
Stitchman Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Kent, WA
Jean. The final battle is in the Shadow (Shade) realm, which is a good size area. A German walkthru I used also says that there are 4 pixies in there. I think I only found 3 (I ended up with 29, could never find that elusive 30th one.)

There will be some very tough battles in there, but then again you are probably over-powered by now.

The Shadow realm is in the swamp past the Great tree.

#133165 - 11/23/02 09:25 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

I only saw three pixies in there as well. Did you get the one pixie that was in the clouds? I never could figure out how to get up that hill to get it. Don't worry about finishing before you want to Jean, as it is really plain when you are at the cathedral doors for the last few battles. You have quite a ways to traverse before that point inside the shadow realm. I left it on my partner's computer, since he has such a massive machine he won't even notice that it is on there laugh so I can visit if I want to.

#133166 - 11/23/02 09:37 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Stichman and Nickie. I guess I'll see if I can find the pixies there. The fairies I'm using are all 55 and above, except for the Dragwin I only got in the lava caves and I'm building him up. So I should have enough fire power! lol

nickie, are you playing Divine Divinity next? I have both that and Robin Hood, along with many others to play. lol

Jean

#133167 - 11/24/02 02:46 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Yes, I have Divine Divinity to go next, just waiting on you and Zanthia (and playing the below games). Decided to wait on buying Robin Hood since I bought so many this month (at least that is the current philosophy, don't know what will happen once I see it in the store and NEED it).

#133168 - 11/25/02 07:26 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'm back in the swamp now looking for the entrance to the Shadow Realm. I'll do that this evening when I get home! happydance

I don't remember seeing a pixie in the clouds, although I did get one up on a hill in the Mountain World. I don't recall if I used the air spirals or that sparkly thing that produced stone steps. Let me know if there's another one somewhere in that area, or in the Realm of the Clouds. wave

Jean

#133169 - 11/25/02 10:03 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

There's one in the realm of the clouds, so that might be the one you missed. I didn't see any air spirals or sparkley things around that hill, so never could figure out how to get him.

#133170 - 11/25/02 10:10 AM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi nickie:

I think I got him, then. I remember one on a hill, and what I did was look for the lowest portion of the hill and keep jumping and moving until I got up there. It wasn't easy!

Jean

#133171 - 11/25/02 11:20 PM Re: Starting Zanzarah - Any Tips?
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Where in the world is the entrance to the Shadow Realm? They said it was beyond the Great Tree. I wandered all around it, and in other places in the swamp, but couldn't find the entrance. I hate the Swamp!!! eek

Jean

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Cathy1, jboliver, glozza, Kaki's Sister, bermag45, kjos, Haroula, curly, lynthorpe, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users