GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133562 - 03/13/03 12:44 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Hi Jean, I can't hear the words "How wonderful" without thinking of the game! lol

#133563 - 03/13/03 05:53 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Niku'a Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Belgium
Maybe some clearing up:

The cyclops eye is not a relic for the elves.
The relics for the elves are all located at the same area. Go south of the elven village and follow the orcs/dwarves in to their camp. Get ready for a big and hard fight.
At the wishing well, either choose the level up or the stat increase.
When entering the Wastelands, you always gain 5 levels.

#133564 - 03/13/03 07:03 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
You're right, Niku'a. I remember now that the cyclops eye was one of the items I had to get to join the Warrior's Guild.

Jean

#133565 - 03/13/03 07:27 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: CA
Thank you Nickie, Jean, and Niku'a for clearing up a few things. I remember now that I was trying to join the Warrior's Guild about the same time as getting some relics for the Elves. I had a hard time getting the 2nd object for the Warrior's Guild and couldn't do it. I have been to the Orc area and can't find relics there. I will search again tonight.

#133566 - 03/13/03 10:24 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Norma, that cave is kind of hard to spot, but if you go through the orc camp to the canyon wall and walk around, you should see it. If you can't, I'll reload the game and give you better directions, but I think it was northwest in that little area. Niku'a was right about the relics for the elves - and there's three in the same place. But Niku'a, are you sure about the five levels up? I'm pretty sure I just raised up four.

#133567 - 03/13/03 05:54 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
kwbridge Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Philly
Hi Norma,

I got the Holy Grail cup by grabbing it and then running as fast as I could - I knew I could never defeat all of those guardians. And I made it and they didn't follow me ... might want to try that if you want to do that quest.

Kim

#133568 - 03/13/03 08:43 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Or you could take a black potion and go invisible.

#133569 - 03/13/03 11:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

For tough battles I used elemental hail and life leech the most frequently, which is probably what I used in the caves there.

Don't waste a whole lot of time trying to pick up the gold in the room outside of where the chalice is. I found that even though I picked it all up, when I got outside it was only a few pieces.

Jean

#133570 - 03/14/03 07:34 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Niku'a Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Belgium
When I got to the Wastelands with my warrior I went from lvl 40 to lvl 45. I ended the game at lvl 50, so it doesn't really matter.

#133571 - 03/14/03 09:21 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for the help on getting the Holy Grail cup. I will try going invisible and running. smile
What is the purple potion for? It comes in a pretty flask. I also have some strange spice potion. I have so much money and stored tons of weapons and armor. Is there any place I can go to buy some really good armor or weapon?
I loved the rain around that talking tree. Are there any other weather changes in this game? Some snow would be nice. smile

#133572 - 03/14/03 10:46 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Norma:

That rain was beautiful, wasn't it? Their aren't any other weather changes, unfortunately.

I think the best armor I bought was in the village. The Warrior's Guild didn't have anything good (at least for me, by the time I got there). The smith in Dwarven Halls actually has some quite good armor, also. I didn't buy from him since I was a mage and didn't want heavy stuff, but maybe he has things you can use.

Nickie and Niku'a, I'm pretty sure I went up 5 levels also when I got to the Wastelands. I'll do a search later today on my last thread for when I finished it because I know I mentioned it there.

Jean

#133573 - 03/14/03 11:29 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Jean,

I will try to go shopping after I get out of the bad lands and the elf area. smile

I am stuck in a cave where there is a floor tile. I followed the path down from the elf camp and found some errant dwarfs who are trying to start a fight with the elfs. I went into a cave and there was a floor tile that I took down to another level where some woman said she was starting a fight with the Elves. I got attacked bye a bunch of dwarfs and someother creature and got killed almost immediately. I think this is where i find the relics for the Elf so he will join the council of 7. How can I get passed this part?

Thank you smile

#133574 - 03/14/03 11:58 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Norma, that is the tough fight I was talking about. When you first go into the lower area, if you stand on the one side of the ladder, where you can't see the woman, do the dwarves come to your side of the room and attack you? If they do, then you can pick them off without having to face the sorceress at the same time. If they don't, do you have the skeleton wall spell or the death knight guy spell, that you can use- throwing it out there and running back, so they are lured over to you? The woman is a real toughie, and I had to reload so many times I lost count. The way I finally beat her was to take a black potion so that I was invisible, get right next to her, and hit her with my hail spell over and over, and also summon my own knight. I was playing as a wizard though. I also dropped a teleporter on the other side of the room next to the ladder, so I could run for it, and come back when weak. If you have a sword with frost on it, that works well,and if you are a warrior, your special move works well, but the freeze spell itself seems to have no effect on her. Although I didn't use it, I have since read that the blind spell works very well against her. Just remember that this is a very tough battle, and it may take you a while to finish it, so don't get discouraged. Hope this helps. If not, yell again, and we'll see what we can come up with.

#133575 - 03/14/03 05:38 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
Okay you all, just got Divine Divinity, I'm shaking....I have not a clue as to what to do once I load it on, but I'm so excited..oh, I can't believe this is not Adventure but 'that other side'....

Ingie

#133576 - 03/14/03 06:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
Ingie -

I have re-started the game because I did some dumb things early on (like lose most of my reputation/respect score because I killed thieves) so I'm playing a little more cautiously now and saving more often. There were a few other things that I decided to change so, what the hey, I started it over. And I'm having a ball since I know a littler more about what I'm doing (like picking out better skills).

I have a question that I haven't been able to figure out. Once you use a charm on something, can you take back the charm to use on something else?

wave

Marion

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Jarkeld, dianne, Marian, sanford, traveler, Draclvr), 59 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej, greacia, Jason_Encore
8507 Registered Users