GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133500 - 03/09/03 03:19 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
That is one quest I didn't complete! But theoretically, you have to put water in a tub, and drag all the dishes into it - they should then go into your inventory as clean, and you present them to the cook. I think even pots that look clean, you have to wash.
Be sure and take anything you want now from the castle, as you can't get back in soon (except with a cheat). Don't worry about not being able to get into any of the guarded places - you can't at this point. Once you're finished questing, you'll probably run into the folks in charge, and that will set the story in motion once again.

#133501 - 03/09/03 05:15 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
Do I ever get my teleporter pyramids back?

happydance happydance

#133502 - 03/09/03 07:14 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
chibon Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: guam
Yes you get your teleporter stones. Once you have them you can go to stormfist castle and drag one stone out of you inventory and fling it just inside the castle walls by the gate. Once inside go to the armory and get the Dragon Sheild. Go back to the gate pick up your stone and just walk out no one will bother you. wink

#133503 - 03/09/03 09:07 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Yes, that's right - not something the game developers intended you to be able to do, but if you need to, there it is.

#133504 - 03/09/03 10:17 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

If I keep making faces like this, it'll stick that way. I cannot figure out how to defeat the succubus. I am currently level 27 (a pitiful admission). It seems I am stuck here unless I defeat her.

#133508 - 03/09/03 11:24 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Niku'a Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Belgium
Killing the succubus:

I don't know what type of character you're playing, but Freeze can do wonders. If you have a few or even one point in setting traps, then you're best to use some scorpion traps. Try to get rid of most of the ghosts and mummys before attacking the succubus. So you can almost run freely around. Or if you know her resistances, use that to your own advantage. Or try leveling up a bit. I killed her as last when going through the game. I was around level 39 - 40 then.

#133509 - 03/10/03 03:29 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

I used pretty much the same strategy with everything that was a lot stronger than me - took a black potion to be invisible, got close to the big baddie, and then walloped them with spells, often conjuring the skeletons or knight as a distraction. Playing as a thief, the scorpion traps work well, and playing as a fighter, the fighter's special move seems to do the work. Blind also seems to work well on just about everything. If you have a sword with frost on it, you have it made, but the freeze spell itself sometimes doesn't work against more difficult enemies. Are you able to leave and come back when you are a higher level?

#133510 - 03/10/03 08:56 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Nickie & Singer

I've killed all the mummies and ghosts. And I can't seem to leave. Everytime I fight her she makes a knight and they both end up killing me.

I suppose I'll have to go to a saved game and lose the three hours I spent getting there

Bummer!

Marion

#133511 - 03/10/03 12:27 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Marion, before you do that, exactly where are you? Do you happen to have the spell that makes the knights go back to where they came from? I think it's called Banish, but I could be wrong on that. And are you able to summon your own knight?
I know it's aggravating if you have to lose a lot of playing time - had to do that once myself in the Wastelands (towards the end). If you have the game set on hard, can you move it to easy? That's something I can't remember, but I think you can change the difficulty level during play.

#133512 - 03/10/03 02:37 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Nickie-

I did it!!! I just kept hitting at her with death spikes and my sword. Then I'd run away and find a mana shrine. And saved and saved and saved and saved. I took me the better part of my lunch hour. happydance happydance happydance

Marion

#133515 - 03/10/03 04:14 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

thumbsup That's GREAT, Marion!!! Doesn't it feel wonderful? You are at a really low level to be where you are, if that is any consolation. Do you still have a lot of quests to do, or are you itching to get to the main quest? Just a recommendation - found it useful to keep a few spare points from leveling up, without immediately getting a new skill or spell. That way when something came up that needed something different from what I had, I could get it, depending on exactly what I needed at the time. So, what's next?

#133517 - 03/10/03 05:48 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
I've been following this strand. I've only tried RPG once, I think Thief2 or something like that.
I didn't think I could get the hang of it, but reading this has my fingers kinda itching to try and my mind quizzing "Wonder if..?? could I possible enjoy a RPG?" Do all of you always play only RPG? Is it something an adventure game lover could enjoy?

#133518 - 03/10/03 06:10 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Popcorneater, it's a ton of fun! Thrashing monsters has never been this good. bravo I'm 48 years old and haven't got much in the way of hand/eye coordination so games where I have to move or shoot quickly don't work for me. But this game is definitely addicting. I am also a big Final Fantasy fan. But it all depends on the game. For example, some RPGs are just level up level up level up with the assorted mini-monsters, then go tackle the semi-main monster. And at the end, you get a main monster and then you're done. Divine Divinity (the name really stinks ) is not like that. And let me say it again, after a long day of work, there is some sort of relief in hitting something with swords and magic.

Stay tuned to my saga, you can bet this won't be the last time I'll post and whine!

thumbsup

Marion

#133519 - 03/10/03 06:28 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
You are way too kind and made me have a good chuckle to boot.
Their are a few days I would like to bop something without having to go to confession, maybe I could learn, but I have quite a few years on you 6 to be exact(uh-Huh, 54). I'm not sure I understand, do you have to figure out what you want to be?? Does the game explain this?
I may be hopeless

Ingie

Write your hurts in the sand where the winds of forgiveness will erase them and carve your blessings in stone, where no wind can ever erase it

#133520 - 03/10/03 10:19 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Ingie,

You have 6 choices of what type of charactor you want to be. 3 are women, 3 are men. Choices are wizard, warrior, or thief. I chose female thief. Also you can choose easy or hard. It takes quite a bit of brainwork to figure out how you want to progress.

It's kind of hard to explain the appeal of the RPG game genre. It's kind of a love/hate relationship in the way that adventure games have.

Marion

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (mj2c, Kaki's Sister, Volkana, Upsydaisy, kjos, lor), 61 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users