GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#133577 - 03/14/03 06:26 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Singer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha..... there's no turning back now, Ingie. laugh

Enjoy!! happydance happydance

Jack

#133578 - 03/14/03 06:44 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: CA
Thanks for the help, Nickie. I think I have one black potion. Does the blind spell work well with the little dwarfs also?
Have another question. I have two of the 3 things to make the enchanted weapon. I went into that cave along time ago and touched the 4 graves there. Does that ruin this quest?
Another question smile
A large section below the elf camp is dark on my map and I am not able to get into that part. It is between the wastelands and that lake. It is little plots of land, but no way to get up in the center of it. Were you able to get there?

Thank you smile

#133579 - 03/14/03 06:47 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

One more question...
Should I level up on constitution also as much as strength, intelligence and agility? Should they be equal in points?

Thanks again! smile

#133580 - 03/15/03 02:59 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Hi Norma, let me see if I can help on some of those. I've heard that a high level blind spell works well on most everything. I used the disc spell against the hard people, but only found it effective at the highest level, and then it really cleared everybody out! (I didn't find out how well blind worked until I was almost finished). The bad dwarfs are very resistant to elemental spells, so I ended up using my sword on them a lot.
There is a large section on that map that you can't get into.
As far as leveling up, it really depends on your character and some on how you prefer to play. I don't think you told me what character you were playing. For instance, strength would be important to a fighter, intelligence to a wizard, and agility to a thief. But if you want to wear a lot of good armor and carry a good weapon, regardless of which you are, you would need the strength up. I had a lot higher intelligence and strength than I did the other two, but that was just a personal preference for playing as a wizard, but I wanted to be able to carry a good sword for when I ran out of mana. A fighter or a thief would probably want to get that constitution up high. Perhaps some other people will have different thoughts on that.
Are you saying that you went into the cave where you have to do the ceremony for the divine items? Did anything happen when you touched the tombs? I was just wondering because you said graves. I know if you open them, you've busted that quest, but I don't know about touching them, if nothing happened.If you did bust the quest, it really isn't a huge problem though, but it would be good for you to find a weapon that has frost on it. Makes life much easier!

#133581 - 03/15/03 03:11 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Marion, no, once you use a charm, it's stuck there forever. There are some much better quality charms available in the Wastelands after your divine ceremony, so you might want to leave a little room.
And Ingie, that's great you got it, and know that all you have to do is ask for help. One thing you might want to do, once you're a little familiar with the game, is look at the Larian forum board, which gives some great advice about stuff not to do. I think the link is at the beginning of this thread. Just have fun with it, and if you come across something that seems too hard,leave it and come back another time to it. Remember not to save over your saves, if you can help it, and save often!

#133582 - 03/15/03 09:18 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Nickie,

I am a level 36 Mage now. I have 96 pts. in Strength, 70+ in intelligence and agility, and 40 in constitution. I can level up now in pts, and have about 4 or 5 levels in skills that I can add, but have been saving them. I just finished getting the other treasure map in the Dwarven Halls. Went down in the jail and fought with the Black Ring guy. He got away, but will probably see him later. I have 2 skills pts. in Blind now and can level up to 5 if you think that would be good. I have level 3 or 4 in freeze. I do have a frost weapon somewhere. I am using the singing sword now and have charms in it. I also have some poison in it.
Where is Shrimpos tombstone? Is it in the graveyard where that Duke Ferrols ghost was? There were several headstones that had names on them, but not Shrimpo. frown
I have 3 parts of the treasure map, and just got the dwarf to join the council. The only one that is not in the council is the Elf and I don't know how I am going to defeat Josephina. I also got the armour from that wealthy guy that I robbed in Verdistis. I paid off the debt. One thing is that I did the quest for the grain, but it isn't showing up as being done. I also bought part of the treasure map from the merchant whose wagon burnt down in Verditis. I can go to the wishing well and level up again.
I have two piles of money in my inventory. Tons of potions, charms, and other stuff. I have so much that I have piles of things left at the council, and at 2 homes in Aleroth. I don't even care if I take anymore items unless they are needed for a quest. I can set up my own store. laugh I haven't had to buy any armour because what I have found is better than what I can buy. I have 5 lockpicking skills, level 5 fixing armour skills.
There is a door in one of the exits from the sewers in Verditis that I can't open because I don't have the key and lock picking doesn't open it. There is also a place where it looks like I should get in, but can't. It is a room in the sewers of Verditis that has two iron type gates but neither of them open. Have you seen that room?
Why can't you save over your saves?
I have tons of saves, but have saved over alot also.
Is there a way to send a saved game to someone? Each save has a separate folder and it is huge! It won't email even if I try to send individual parts of the save.
Thanks again for your help.

Norma smile

#133583 - 03/15/03 03:14 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
Hi Guys!

I have these magic orbs (3) in my inventory and cannot figure out what they're for. I am the female thief and am currently at level 8 (I started over and am playing a little smarter, I hope.

Thanks!

Marion

#133584 - 03/15/03 06:32 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Thorun Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Germany mostly, Belgium often
Quote:
Originally posted by Norma:

Where is Shrimpos tombstone? Is it in the graveyard where that Duke Ferrols ghost was? There were several headstones that had names on them, but not Shrimpo. frown
Norma smile
Search for stones in one big circle from dead people which are related to sea or seafood. Check the first letter of their name on each gravestone. Start clicking on a grave with a "S", end with a "O". Guess what it gives?

Quote:
Originally posted by Norma:

Is there a way to send a saved game to someone? Each save has a separate folder and it is huge!
Norma smile
How about zipping the folder of that savegame ?

#133585 - 03/15/03 06:35 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Thorun Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Germany mostly, Belgium often
Quote:
Originally posted by audrey522:

I have these magic orbs (3) in my inventory and cannot figure out what they're for. I am the female thief and am currently at level 8 (I started over and am playing a little smarter, I hope.
In the very same dungeon under Aleroth where you found those orbs must be three bloodred pentagrams. Put the orbs in and a door will open.

#133586 - 03/15/03 06:50 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
audrey522 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
Thorun -

Perfect! I could not figure out how to open the last locked door in the catacombs beneath Aleroth. Now I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Danke!

Marion

#133587 - 03/15/03 08:56 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks, Thorun! Norma, the blade with freeze will work better against Josephina then the singing sword (sorry Singer). See if you can't take the black potion, get right next to her,then hit her with the freeze blade so she can't conjure anything, and then hit her with a blind spell. Do you have anything like hail? That's what I used, but I first had to get her stopped, and freezing her with that blade is probably the easiest way. Then keep hitting her with that spell, or keep hacking away at her - just keep trying, because you'll do it. Try and see what happens, and we'll go from there, ok?
There is a door from the sewers that you can't open - it goes into the castle.
As far as not getting credit on the grain quest - may be a bug, or could be that you didn't talk to the people in the order the game wanted you to.
About leveling up in blind - see how it works for you at the level you have first. As a wizard I maxed the disc spell, and it worked great, and is really fun to watch. But it doesn't work at lower levels very well. Disc is different though, when you have it at the highest level, it covers more ground.
You can of course, save over your saves. I gave that advice to Ingie who was just starting - if you find out you've made a mistake, you can't go back and redo it as easily if you have saved over it several times.

#133588 - 03/15/03 09:52 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks so much Thorun and Nickie. Can't wait to get home to try your suggestions. I don't have disc, but have hail. I will add discs and more hail. I will also do the holy grail/holy water quest and level up with the wishing well so can have more points. I haven't tried zipping the file. I can probably save it to a cd and send it.
How many points should I put in constitution?

#133589 - 03/16/03 02:58 AM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

If I were you, I would put everything into intelligence, since you're playing as a wizard, but no doubt other people will have different ideas. But your intelligence points aren't very high, and you need more to do more spells.

#133590 - 03/16/03 09:39 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Stitchman Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Kent, WA
Quote:
There is also a place where it looks like I should get in, but can't. It is a room in the sewers of Verditis that has two iron type gates but neither of them open. Have you seen that room?
Norma: Is that the room that has some treasure chests in it? If so, you can get in it. You need to have both teleporters on you, place one on the ground in front of the gate and throw the other one beyond the gate. Be careful of one of the treasure chests, it seems to permanently turn you into an animal (I believe a frog). Unlike the statuettes, you can not turn back into human form and thus cannot escape this room, so if you want to try it, be sure to save before hand.

The saves in this game compress greatly, about 75% compression. Since there are unlimited saves, I would advise you to never write over a save (it can sometimes cause save file corruption problems) . If you don't have enough room becaause of the huge size, either delete, compress or put on the saves on a CD-R.

#133591 - 03/16/03 10:05 PM Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry)
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Nickie and Stichman.

Yes that is the room in the sewers with the chests. I have several cat, frog, and spider statues but haven't tried changing into them yet.
I will go back and get my other teleporter stone and level up more in magic. smile

Norma

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Koala, copper, stevefox, BrownEyedTigre, J. King, Terri824, rmt, traveler, ramona, gymcandy1), 62 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
pignose, Mistywarren, keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej
8509 Registered Users