GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134585 - 06/14/03 03:59 AM Re: Thief 1
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Not if you hit them from behind with a sword

#134586 - 06/14/03 01:09 PM Re: Thief 1
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida
THANK YOU all for you encouragement and advice!
Have to tell you that I'm getting a little better at sneaking up and bonking with the blackjack-really the best way of getting the hammerites out of the way. I did finally figure out they must have good armour, as I only managed to kill one with an arrow. Also blew up 2 or 3 zombies with holy water arrows-what a relief to get rid of those nasty characters.
Have finished level 3.(It seems that if you play in "normal" mode, when you get the final objective you don't have to find your way back out) I would sort of like the challenge of that, but on the other hand it's nice to get on through the game faster. I did manage to pick up most of the loot tho-got $1285 out of $1938.
Onward now, into the Bonehoard, level 4.

#134587 - 06/14/03 01:35 PM Re: Thief 1
Carolin Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Oslo, Norway
It is great that you likes the game.
I got it, and tried to play, but the spiders made me quite very fast.
I can't stand them, so, back in the box with "NEVER to be played games", (that box isn't big, just Thief 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 3-Nemesis is in it right now)

Caroline.

#134588 - 06/14/03 03:50 PM Re: Thief 1
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Piney Woods of East Texas
Pahleeeeeze, Carolin, get those boxes out again. You are missing such great games.
Have to admit, the first time I played Thief I too quit and left it for months. But, during a game dry spell got Thief I out, upped the gamma thing so I could see, and have been hooked ever since.
The worst for me, too, is the spiders. However, they die with one well-aimed arrow or just outrun them. If you are talking about the BIG spiders, be sure to wait until they turn their big butts toward you and hit them where it hurts.
thumbsup

#134589 - 06/15/03 03:13 PM Re: Thief 1
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
All of the monsters in the game can be deadly if you don't approach them correctly. The best way to proceed is slowly and quietly, so you see those spiders or whatever before they see (or hear) you. A well- aimed arrow will take care of any spider in the game, but if you're running around and making lots of noise, they'll hear you. Also, if there's a torch near a nest of spiders, douse it so you can get closer for that shot. Sounds obvious, but often in the thick of the game it's easy to forget that sound is a huge part of the game - both in hearing enemies approach, and in them hearing you.

#134590 - 06/15/03 04:13 PM Re: Thief 1
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

I have to say theat spiders are the least of my worries in this game! It's the zombies that creep me out, altho they are fairly easy to outrun. I only met up wit 1 spider in level 3 and easily dispatched it with an arrow.

Have just entered level 4-the Bonehoard. There are also Burricks in here. are they worse than zombies? can you bonk them or get them with an arrow? I think I encountered one already(it got me) so now have to go back and try again.

Very true, Hagartha, sound is crucial in this game-not making a noise can often get you past a danger situation.

#134591 - 06/16/03 12:35 AM Re: Thief 1
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Burricks can be dealt with a number of ways. They are tough, but if you sneak up behind them with your sword and give them a good whack, they sometimes just crumple. If not, you get the satisfaction of listening to them whine as you take them out. Or you can just sneak past them but chances are they'll see you. You can also take them out with arrows but that can be tricky and you'd better be a ways off.

Personally, I would rather run into a lone burrick than a room full of zombies. But as you get into this particular mission, you'll find that there is a rather fun way of getting rid of a lot of zombies if you have the patience and the inclination (and I always do because I hate them).

#134592 - 06/16/03 05:51 AM Re: Thief 1
Drizzt Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Anyone else have a huge spider phobia in games? For some reason, I almost panic when I see the disgusting little creeps. Good for me its no problem in real life though.

#134593 - 06/16/03 09:13 AM Re: Thief 1
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

By now I have encountered Burricks by the carload and been axphixiated by the nasty critters-in that huge cave with all the different tunnels. Am trying to climb up that rope which goes up into a tunnel of some kind-think it's significant because there's an arrow mark sort of pointing to it. Every time I try to climb the rope a burrick grts me. AAARGH! That nasty green breath of theirs.

Is it possible to sneak up on them from behind? That's what I'll try next.

Drizzt, I'm not bothered by real spiders but I know some people go nuts at the sight of one. I do hate 'em in games tho-they're so sneaky and hard to see and can cause major health damage.

#134594 - 06/16/03 10:20 AM Re: Thief 1
jasper Offline
Settled Boomer

You can also sneak up behind burricks and blackjack them--then you don't have to hear them whining and crying until you finally whack them enough with your sword to kill them. And when you blackjack them, you don't have to actually be close enough to whack them on the head--the tail will do. smile

cheers,
jasper

#134595 - 06/17/03 05:27 PM Re: Thief 1
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Piney Woods of East Texas
I never knew that. Blackjack burricks? Dang, I have been using up fire arrows all these years. What one doesn't learn on GAMEBOOMERS!

#134596 - 06/18/03 07:22 PM Re: Thief 1
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yep. Almost anything (except zombies and Fire Elementals) can be dispatched with the appropriate sneaky smack on the back of the head with the sword.

'Course you can always get things to attack each other, too (my personal favourite way of getting rid of burricks and ratmen)

#134597 - 06/19/03 08:35 AM Re: Thief 1
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Level 4- The Bonehoard! Burricks and Zombies-is there a level harder than this? The burricks are easier to just avoid and get around them somehow-the ones in the cave never seem to run out of green gas. AAARGH!@@@#**#!!*Never could get them with sword or blackjack. the arrows didn't work at all. However the lone Burrick up at top of ladder in the great halls guarding the purple vases seemed to run out of green gas after a few puffs and I did put him out with many whacks of the sword-and lost some health.

As for the zombies-they can be dispached with holy water arrows and fire arrows. Also you can find a strategic spot where they can't get you and fire away from there until most are blown up-makes for a more relaxing search of that vast area of confusing mazes and ramps.

BTW-hagartha, how do you get things to attack each other??

Now entering level 5 Assassins.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Flo NS, Haroula, Darlene, Homer6), 78 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
LadyCarol, RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957
8498 Registered Users