GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#135109 - 07/14/03 02:21 AM Re: VESA
frazap Offline
Settled Boomer

I have a GeForce 2 ti card and have so far had difficulties with three Vesa games, namely Ark of Time, D and Chronomaster. All of them works with the beta version of Display Doctor 7, that was once availible as a free trial download but has now vanished and will not be sold.

I would advice anyone with a Geforce card against using any of the free Display Doctor versions, such as 6.53, since it does NOT support the Geforce-series. I learned the hard way. It messed my system up completely.

Now if I could only get around that "your 21-day trial period has expired" with the version 7 I wouldn't have to worry about VESA compatibility again. Let's hope SciTech decides to put the beta version out for free download as well. It really works very well.

#135110 - 07/14/03 10:24 AM Re: VESA
Jiri Offline
Shy Boomer

You are right. SciTech Display Doctor can easily mess up the system, even if the given card is supported. I learned to disable always Windows utilities and use only DOS set of utilities. They are not so dangerous and they work also in Windows98 and XP (NTVDM). Unfortunately, in 7 beta version (only version which supports GeForce cards) is no folder with DOS utilities as it was until 7 alfa. For example, I can

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Darleen03, dianne, granny, traveler, sanford, BobH, auntiegram, ssgamer, gymcandy1, Koala), 63 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users