GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#136003 - 09/05/04 08:34 PM Re: Norton AntiVirus Subscription Update Hijacking
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Billings, Montana
After reading this thread, I got the paid version of Pest Patrol. I've had so many problems I wouldn't know where to begin. Anyway, I also have Spybot. Just before downloading Pest Patrol, I ran Spybot first. It found 12 items on my computer which I then deleted. Okay, I then downloaded Pest Control and ran it. Guess how many items!!! 161 on my computer!!!! That's a big performance difference! I'm SOLD!

**Milee10**

#136004 - 09/07/04 10:20 PM Re: Norton AntiVirus Subscription Update Hijacking
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Land of Hurricanes, U.S.A.
Thank you for the LINK for Ad-Aware! How about one for Spybot, now? praise

The more I use these programs, the more I have to scratch my head... One minute everything's fine, and the next minute -- 161 invaders! eek

I recently discovered that my updated Spy Sweeper program was corrupted -- and I'd never have known that, except for it suddenly not working at all. I re-downloaded the updated program; and it immediately found lots of new adware/spyware. I wonder if the creeps are able to corrupt our detector programs? scared

#136005 - 09/08/04 12:59 AM Re: Norton AntiVirus Subscription Update Hijacking
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Billings, Montana
Katsmom,

Here's the link to Spybot:

http://www.safer-networking.org

Good program. Glad I have it and Pest Patrol.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Marian, Pokey, 3dobermans, CanukDenis, Sorta Blonde, TechnoSpike, Gimme, BrownEyedTigre, Jfi, maryjo), 71 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users