I'm assuming that you had a successful install, at which time you set up your sound (midi and digital).
I have used DOS, 95, 98, 98SE, ME and XP - but never 2000, so I do not know if you can select compatibility on 2000. I can only tell you what I did on XP.
- 1.Find where your computer displays your Local Disk usually (C:); right click and select Open.
2.You should find a file folder called HOLMES2; right click and select Open.
3. You should see a file called HOLMES2 (MS-DOS Batch file); right click and select Properties.
4. There will be a tab called "compatibility"; click on it.
5. You will see an option called "compatibility mode"; check Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 95. Then click OK. That's it.
6. I launch the game from the HOLMES2 (MS-DOS) file); right click and select Open.
I don't know if this will work with 2000, so I wish you