GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136606 - 09/03/03 07:37 PM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
Helen Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Australia
Hi everyone!
Thanks again for the replies. I am using Windows 98 and have 256 mb of memory (huh!). I'm afraid I have never heard of Mo'Slo or VDMSound - can you get them of the net or do you have to purchase them? As I love QFG and KQ, maybe these would help me with those games too as I would love to play them again!
Thanks
Helen

#136607 - 09/03/03 07:59 PM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
VDMSound won't help you then. it's for XP machines.

this may be a dumb question... but have you tried quitting to DOS and running the DOS version from there?]

moslo is a free program that lets you slow down your computer so older games will run better. certain "timing bugs" occur on newer machines when a portion of the game depends on CPU speed. for example, in police quest 3 the speed of the car you drive is based on your CPU speed. if you try to play that game on a newer machine, the car runs too fast for you to control it... there's another bug like this in Quest for Glory 1, right near the end in the warlock's maze.

i don't know the exact URL for moslo, but you can search for it on google. i'm sure something will turn up. Turbo is a similar program.

you should be able to run your KQ and QFG games on 98 (sometimes they just take a little tweaking). i have a windows 98 machine and so far haven't run into a sierra game i couldn't get working (although some have required the GoSierra patch to get the sound up -- that's another free patch that corrects a timing issue...)

-emily

#136608 - 09/04/03 12:47 AM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
You can download the evaluation version of moslo here.
http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/moslotry.asp

Whether you need it or not depends on how fast your computer is and how sensitive to computer speed the game is.

#136609 - 09/04/03 01:34 AM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
Helen Offline
Shy Boomer

Thank you both for your replies! I shall download and try Moslo. Interestingly, FOV has mentioned the problem with QFG at the warlock section and I have a friend in England who has tried over and over again to get through this section, but to no avail, so I will forward your response on to her. She would be thrilled if she could actually finish it properly without cheating!!!!!
Talk soon when I try Moslo!!
Thanks again, to all.
Helen

#136610 - 09/04/03 10:33 AM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
yep, moslo fixes that problem with the warlock.

i'd played the game a long time ago on a mac and replayed it recently on win98... it'd been so long, i didn't realize the door was closing too quickly. i thought there must be another piece to the puzzle i was missing! i was stuck on that for a month before i found out it was just a timing bug. rolleyes

helen, in pepper's, you don't have to play the whole game at a slow speed. try slowing down the computer just before you encounter the out of heap error, and play through that point. if you get through it you can save the game, quit, and restart at normal speed.

laugh emily

#136611 - 09/04/03 10:44 PM Re: Sierra's Peppers Adventures in Time
Helen Offline
Shy Boomer

Thanks Emily for your great, helpful suggestions. When I originally played QFG1 had not problems, but also admit that when I played it recently, the same thing happened to me and I just eventually gave up, didn't care as I had played it in the past, so I shall too, now try playing it again! I shall certainly try your suggestion in regards to Pepper.
Thanks, take care
Helen

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Cathy1, kjos, Koala, curly, scampy), 57 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
scarend, JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik
8522 Registered Users