GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136850
01/26/06 06:30 AM
01/26/06 06:30 AM
Dublin, Ireland
metzomagic Offline OP
Settled Boomer
metzomagic  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Dublin, Ireland
PM, hi again,

Glad that nailed it for you. I did notice that the sceeen was a bit big too. All you can do there is adjust your monitor. Some monitors can 'remember' that they have to switch to a certain set of saved settings when running in a specific mode.

BTW, did you try/have any success installing and running King's Quest 5?

metzomagic

Now playing:
Paradise Killer

Running very old games on Windows 10? Then visit Steve's Legacy Games Corner!
Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136851
01/27/06 07:19 PM
01/27/06 07:19 PM
T
Thepurplem0nkey Offline
Junior Boomer
Thepurplem0nkey  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

Metzomagic, I havent had any sucess with Kings QUest 6. I'm about to go play around with it some more, I'll popst my progress :-)
-PM

Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136852
01/29/06 11:50 PM
01/29/06 11:50 PM
T
Thepurplem0nkey Offline
Junior Boomer
Thepurplem0nkey  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

Well, sadly, KQ6 is still not working. I was able to install KQ5, but it keeps telling me to insert CD1 which is already mounted. On the plus side, QFG4 works beautifuly :-)
-PM

Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136853
01/30/06 09:43 AM
01/30/06 09:43 AM
Dublin, Ireland
metzomagic Offline OP
Settled Boomer
metzomagic  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Dublin, Ireland
PM, hi again,

In what way is KQ6 not working? Can you install it? I'm quite sure the install process I recommended for QFG4 ought to work there. You just need to browse the CD in Windows Explorer to figure out where the DOS install for it is located.

For KQ5, you might want to try copying all the files from the CD to your hard drive, and running it from there. Just adjust all the game-related config files to point to C: instead of D:

Cheers,
metzomagic

Now playing:
Paradise Killer

Running very old games on Windows 10? Then visit Steve's Legacy Games Corner!
Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136854
01/30/06 11:39 AM
01/30/06 11:39 AM
T
Thepurplem0nkey Offline
Junior Boomer
Thepurplem0nkey  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

Hi Metzomagic,
I already have copied all of the files into my hard drive. I ripped each cd (There are 3 KQ CD's) into an ISO and mounted the instal CD using Alcohol 120% onto a virtual drive. I map that virtual drive as my D drive in DosBox. This has worked for every game so far. I AM able to install the game from windows, and it installs the game into a directory. It is unable to install 3 files, although I cant remember offhand which files they are. However, hitting "OK" progresses the isntalation. WHen I try to access that directory from DSOBOX to play the game, absolutely nothing happens. This occurs with 5 and 6. On the plus side, I am able to play 1-4 perfectly.
I thought ti issue might be that the game's data is on the 2nd CD, so I ripped that, mounted it, and tried to access the game that way....no dice. Of course, while I loev the first 4 (well, 5 if you count the VGA ermake of the first game) games in the KQ series, 5 and especially 6 are my favorite games, probably beuase 6 was the first ever CD rom I bought. ANyway, I appreciate the help you'ev given me so far, it's helped to make most of my games work.
-PM

Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136855
02/13/06 07:51 PM
02/13/06 07:51 PM
T
Thepurplem0nkey Offline
Junior Boomer
Thepurplem0nkey  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

Update: Well, still no luck getting Kings Quest 5 or 6 working. I was able to getmy hands on the original DOS version (No voices)n and I've been playing that. The game si just as fun, although I sure do miss teh repetitive "Alexander pulls out his magic map" :-)
Hopefully, with the March release date of teh Kings Quest Compilation, there will be a voice version that works (although I'm not holding my breath). Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it.
-PM

Re: DOSBox: Let's go for it! #136856
04/12/06 06:51 PM
04/12/06 06:51 PM
United Kingdom
SkeeterUK Offline
Addicted Boomer
SkeeterUK  Offline
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
Btw to make dosbox easier i use D-Fend

Its a frontend (kinda like gui for dosbox). Mkaes seting up profiles easy.

Anyhow my main reason for posting here is i have indy fate of atlantis talkie version but running from hdd (dont ask why lol). Anyhow no matter what i try i cant get speech to work. I tryed dosbox and dfend using all sound options and tricks. I tryed vdmsound i tryed scummvm. None will give me speech.

Anyone help me?

Got win xp pro sp2.

UPDATE!

I got it to work using scummvm, the file monster.xxx had bad extension on or somit, it was monster.sou but works with sog.

I have voices happydance

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, 1 invisible), 585 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users