GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#137112 - 09/07/03 04:18 PM Circle of Blood
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
I'm having a really bad install day. Circle of blood is the 3rd game I've tried to load in my Win95. Everything went smoothly until I try and play. The screen says "load CD1 and press enter".
I put in CD 1 and the screen says it is the incorrect CD, try again. The game has 2 CDs and I checked that both were different.
My Win95 has 2 CD drives E and F. The game is loaded on my D hard drive using the F CD-ROM. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Jo

#137113 - 09/07/03 04:28 PM Re: Circle of Blood
BacardiJim Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: USA
I no longer have a copy of this game, so I can't be specific, but I may be able to help. Look in the game folder on your D: drive and see if there is an .ini file. (I have no idea what the first part of the file name would be, maybe blood.ini or something like that.) If you can find such a file, try to open it using Wordpad. There may be a line that references your CD-ROM drive, saying something like CD-ROM=D: or something like that. If you can find that line, change the D to an F. Save the change and then try to run the game.

Alternately, some games insist on using the lowest-lettered CD-ROM drives in order to run the game. (I encountered this with Blade Runner.) You may be forced to play the game from your E: drive.

#137114 - 09/07/03 04:56 PM Re: Circle of Blood
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks B.J. You are my hero today. thumbsup
I switched my drive letters and have been able to start the game.

#137115 - 09/08/03 01:19 AM Re: Circle of Blood
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
the other option would have been to uninstall and reinstall using drive E. that's how i got around this same problem with circle of blood.

enjoy the game!

-emily

#137116 - 09/08/03 03:22 AM Re: Circle of Blood
Aurora Offline
Shy Boomer

Boys!!!! You buy a new PC, loaded with XP and 40G HDD ..... then you split it into W95, W98, etcetra and then LOAD games into various drives? Then forget which games belong to which drives and COMPLAIN?

Go buy a new car and try to drop a bit of BMW and Toyota and Ford parts in when the Mitsubishi screen goes crazy and your car is only a YEAR old! A COMPUTER is not set up for smart arses who THINK they know ....... if you know cars, stick with it, if you have had training in computers, fine. If you are a TINKERER with no knowledge, learn the hard way and don't complain ...... fix what you stuffed up.

#137117 - 09/08/03 05:34 AM Re: Circle of Blood
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Just to let you know that I have 2 separate older computer towers, a Win98 and a Win95. I haven't bought a new computer since 1999.

#137118 - 09/08/03 07:08 AM Re: Circle of Blood
Clare Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I don't think you were complaining either, Colpet wink wave

#137119 - 09/08/03 12:14 PM Re: Circle of Blood
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
If you are a TINKERER with no knowledge, learn the hard way and don't complain ...... fix what you stuffed up.
???

this is a known issue with Circle of Blood. it happens on any computer with more than one CD drive. has nothing to do with partitions or "tinkering."

-emily

#137120 - 09/13/03 11:56 AM Re: Circle of Blood
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Wow - aren't people supposed to helpful in the Glitches forum? Someone must have been having a bad day, and it wasn't Colpet.

Glad you got your problem resolved, Colpet.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (InlandAZ, Marian, granny, Haroula, Draclvr, curly, BrownEyedTigre, connie, fildil, 1 invisible), 113 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users