GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#137747 - 01/23/04 10:36 AM Re: Any more Historical based games?
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I would imagine you have read them, but for others possibly interested in the story, there are two interesting books on the subject: The Saint and the Devil (The story of Joan of Arc and Gilles deRais) by Frances Winwar (1948), who looks to have done a great deal of research, and the much lighter, more contemporary Gilles and Jeanne by Michel Tournier (1983). If you haven't read the former, it has an extensive bibliography that might be helpful to you.
So for me, yes, I would think that a very interesting topic (and if he is indeed guilty of the murders, or whether he met his end for his previous staunch support of d'Arc). It would be wonderful to have an adventure game including Joan, where reflex action isn't necessary, and the complexities of the characters were revealed (no small task, I am sure!).

#137748 - 01/23/04 10:50 AM Re: Any more Historical based games?
Philippe Gaude - Galilea Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Montreal
Actually I haven't read them, because the idea of Gilles de Rais as a subject just popped in my head while answering the forum...

#137749 - 01/23/04 11:03 AM Re: Any more Historical based games?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

laugh Ah, well it was a good one!

#137750 - 01/23/04 03:22 PM Re: Any more Historical based games?
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
I love historical settings... I wish someone would write an adventure set in the Regency period in England, thats my favourite read smile

#137751 - 01/23/04 04:45 PM Re: Any more Historical based games?
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

I love historical settings as well Tigger, especially history's mysteries sort of thing. All this talk of pirates got me thinking that it would be great to have an adventure game on Grace O' Malley, pirate queen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Darlene, curly, Draclvr, kjos, Pandora, darkhallow, OrleansBelle, Gimme, looney4labs, Jenny100), 82 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users