GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#138296 - 06/01/04 02:01 PM Independence
conmol Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hudson River Valley NY USA
If there was anyone with the drive and talent and ingenuity to make an independent game, it would be you....I'm sure there are worldly money matters
such as a mortgage to pay...but how do folks do it? I mean, Jonathan Boakes has made a tremendous game in Dark Fall and will surely have a successful followup.
You mentioned having a game idea that Revolution was not interested in. Do you need alot of upfront money to cultivate it? Or do you prefer anyways, to have a team?

#138297 - 06/01/04 02:49 PM Re: Independence
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Yorkshire
thanks you for the incredible vote of confidence. Now, do you have a spare million you could let me have...

Here's a bit of background:

Some time ago I developed a very high level game idea based on my comic strip, Juniper Crescent. I presented it to Charles, but he wasn't interested. It was a long shot and don't blame him for wanting to stick with his own projects. I changed tack and turned the idea into the comic strip, The Sapphire Claw.

I have plenty of ideas that I'd like to turn into games, or ideas that I'd like to work into other people's games. When I could get regular money coming in (to pay the mortgage smile ) I intend to take those ideas to the next stage and perhaps work up a small demo.

In full production, working with a team is necessary because of the amount of work involved, and you certainly need a lot of money up front in order to employ the team. It's a wicked spiral...

Steve Ince, Writer-Designer
Steve on Twitter

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Flo NS, kjos, GBC, connie, Redz), 66 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users