GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Independence #138296
06/01/04 02:01 PM
06/01/04 02:01 PM
Hudson River Valley NY USA
conmol Offline OP
Settled Boomer
conmol  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Hudson River Valley NY USA
If there was anyone with the drive and talent and ingenuity to make an independent game, it would be you....I'm sure there are worldly money matters
such as a mortgage to pay...but how do folks do it? I mean, Jonathan Boakes has made a tremendous game in Dark Fall and will surely have a successful followup.
You mentioned having a game idea that Revolution was not interested in. Do you need alot of upfront money to cultivate it? Or do you prefer anyways, to have a team?

Re: Independence #138297
06/01/04 02:49 PM
06/01/04 02:49 PM
Yorkshire
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer
Diamond  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yorkshire
thanks you for the incredible vote of confidence. Now, do you have a spare million you could let me have...

Here's a bit of background:

Some time ago I developed a very high level game idea based on my comic strip, Juniper Crescent. I presented it to Charles, but he wasn't interested. It was a long shot and don't blame him for wanting to stick with his own projects. I changed tack and turned the idea into the comic strip, The Sapphire Claw.

I have plenty of ideas that I'd like to turn into games, or ideas that I'd like to work into other people's games. When I could get regular money coming in (to pay the mortgage smile ) I intend to take those ideas to the next stage and perhaps work up a small demo.

In full production, working with a team is necessary because of the amount of work involved, and you certainly need a lot of money up front in order to employ the team. It's a wicked spiral...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 228 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users