GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#139324 - 05/05/07 10:30 PM Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game.
action9026 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Sooner Land
Ok.. so after spending a leisurely 5:30 A.M. Saturday morning searching the internet for a juicy game.. ( my 1 year old decided mom has had it too easy so we need to get up with the roosters ) I decided I'm sick of dark and gloomy games. I know there has to be some element of mystery/murder/Great-Great Grandfather's secret will and or Earth altering secret Pendant to be found, but can we have it in a bright and colorful setting for a change? Lately it seems like I'm getting either/or. I get great game play but it's depressing or the dialogue is original and hilarious but the game bites. I'm needing some witty banter and fushia sunsets! Ok I need a nap.

On another note... I found my Martin Mystere 'Crime Stories' game in my drawer the other day and loaded it at the office and I've actually been enjoying the heck out of it! I haven't had a good ' click it til your finger spazzes' game for a while! Everyone that reviewed it seems to dislike it but I've been having fun. ( I just got my ferrari back so give me a few more days to make a good game judgement. )

Oops... Martin just got his Ferrari back. Not me. I don't have a Ferrari. If I did I'd find a way to bribe people and get Culpa Innata early.

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (05/05/07 10:54 PM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked post

#139435 - 05/06/07 06:55 AM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: action9026]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
For older games, you can't beat Neverhood for bright and colorful. Zork Grand Inquisitoris fun as well.
Runaway is a newer game you might like, sort of like the Broken Sword games. Though I'm not a big fan of cartoony 3rd person games, I did enjoy it.

Edited by colpet (05/06/07 06:57 AM)

#139454 - 05/06/07 07:55 AM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: colpet]
action9026 Offline
Shy Boomer

Hiya Colpet! I'm not really a fan of cartoony games either. I need to play Neverhood. Heard lots of great things about it. I think I shall go and hunt it down.

#139502 - 05/06/07 09:41 AM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: action9026]
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: action9026
Oops... Martin just got his Ferrari back. Not me. I don't have a Ferrari. If I did I'd find a way to bribe people and get Culpa Innata early.

lol

I enjoyed Martin Mystere too, the first time around. The second time I tried to play it, that constant hot-spot clicking drove me plain nuts.

As for fuschia sunsets - have you played Destination Treasure Island yet? It's beautiful.

#139506 - 05/06/07 09:51 AM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: Rushes]
lspace Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
If you want a sunny tropical island then try Destination Treasure Island. The scenery is gorgeous in this game. And it is not too taxing on the brain so it makes for a leisurely play.

#139512 - 05/06/07 10:00 AM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: lspace]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Other suggestions for bright, colorful games (I like those myself): Keepsake and 80 Days.

#139651 - 05/06/07 03:12 PM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: Becky]
action9026 Offline
Shy Boomer

Thanks guys! Yeah I've played Treasure Island. It was very pretty, but I didn't enjoy the game very much. I have been reading some reviews on 80 days so I think I'll order that one also.

#139670 - 05/06/07 03:50 PM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: action9026]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
When I saw "...bright, sunny..", the title that came to mind was Anacapri: the Dream, which we've gotta wait for.

And don't laugh, but my first thought when I read your topic title, was that the message would be an announcement of Anacapri's release.

Drat!

#139679 - 05/06/07 04:07 PM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: Carrie]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Carrie -- you're right on the money! lol Well, not in this thread, but I just posted the announcement here.

#139761 - 05/06/07 05:42 PM Re: Ok it's time for a bright, sunny game. [Re: Becky]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
I've been looking for that post Becky! What a nice (dare I say, serendipitous) coincedence.

However, after having read and re-read the first couple of lines of Adventure's Planet SRL's statement, I got the impression that the US & Canada aren't 'in the mix' for the June release date. The statement was confusing. Hope I got it wrong.

The really great thing is that Gey & Silvio have been kind enough to check in at GameBoomers to give us direct information.

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (SCOTTY, bermag45, Jarkeld, misslilo, Sorta Blonde, NDLVR, looney4labs, DocPaul, Sassy, Billy the Kid 64), 111 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ThJt, BrokenBunny, OrreryGames, jasmine, bigbrotherz
8911 Registered Users