Okay, folks (and inferno, I hope your power stays on!), I just installed the game and looked at the manual. For those of you who are undecided as to whether this director's cut version is different enough to make playing/paying again for the game worthwhile, here are some details:
1. An exclusive new chapter to the story with dramatic sequences that will stay with you forever! Six years have passed and Blackstone Manor is on the brink of being demolished; a reporter is asked to sneak inside the house and gather clues about the mystery that was never solved.....but he will find an unexpected and terrifying surprise inside!
2. Higher resolution and completely revamped graphics.
3. An alternate control system for the game--you can now control the game with fixed mouse movement if you wish.
4. Witness the shocking and never revealed before alternate ending, giving a whole new meaning to the story---but will you be able to perform all the necessary steps to trigger it?
5. Read the missing Michael's journal--Michael writes and ponders about anything of importance.
6. See the breathtaking new climatic effects.
7. Find the hidden Easter eggs--far more are included, along with an ending game score that will give you hints as to what you missed.
8. Hear the improved original soundtrack.
9. A revised script, with enhanced and more dramatic situations.
I'm very glad that I purchased this; it sounds great!!