GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#149425 - 05/25/07 07:16 PM Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Here's Rand Miller, developer of the Myst saga, in the GameBoomers' Neighborhood (Bevin) on May 24th, 2007. He's answering questions from various GameBoomers' members. This meeting took place in Myst Online: Uru Live.

Included is a chat log from the event with emphasizes Rand's responses. (Rsjm is Ryan Miller, Rand's younger brother, also with Cyan.)

#149432 - 05/25/07 07:22 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks, Becky. Maybe Soot and I will jump back into the land of Myst this weekend wave

#149446 - 05/25/07 07:58 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: looney4labs]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

That's great for all you. Sounds so exciting.

Now who's who in that picture aside for Rand facing the others?

#149455 - 05/25/07 08:14 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: MaG]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
I think that's Rob'ert in the blue shorts closest to the right (aka...Bald Bob), and UruKat with the purple belt and shoes in the middle. That's all I recognize from last night's Minkata party. lol

#149632 - 05/26/07 08:08 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Renee]
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
Picture IDs: hmmm lets see if I can figure out who is who...
Big John, is that catmargie next?, UruKat, R'ob Ert on the far right blocking all of boron but his right shoulder smile. Doc Hemlock and Dudemom toward the back. Ut-oh, I am missing one. Who else is in the pic?
Borbaric came in as did Moietay, a very polite visitor to the hood. Let me see if I can gather some more names for you.

Kate (Katva holding the camera) wave

#149636 - 05/26/07 08:19 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: KateVa]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for the ID. Maybe we can label the picture later. Mail me and I will add it. wave

#149766 - 05/26/07 12:22 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: KateVa]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Let's hear it for the phogographer! lol bravo

It's been a lot of fun getting to know the people in our Hood. Having Rand stop by is icing on the cake. thumbsup

If anyone else was there but hasn't been identified, shout out!

#149989 - 05/26/07 10:35 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Thanks Becky !!!!

Kool cool

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#149998 - 05/26/07 11:16 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Darleen03]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
I went to the Myst Online: Uru Live link and found it quite interesting and am even thinking of trying it out. Of course, this might not be wise of me since I totally dislike Myst and that type of first person, mechanical puzzles game. However, the online game looks like it will have people in it and I think that you get to play with your own avatar character so that would sort of make it a third person game. What would be some good things to know before I take the plunge into trying the game?
I also enjoyed the chat room talk link with Rand Miller.

#150076 - 05/27/07 06:38 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sierramindy -- you have the option to play the game either in first person view or in third person view. I get the impression that most people play in third person view. I happen to prefer first person because I feel as though I can see details better that way, but I often switch back and forth depending on my mood.

The game can be played alone, but it is even more fun played with others (IMHO). Since there are other GameBoomers who have been playing for quite awhile, there is a supportive GameBoomers neighborhood already there for anyone who wants to join, and a lot of knowledge about the game that can be tapped if you need help.

The Ages (various worlds) are gorgeous and there is a lot to explore, especially if you haven't already played Myst Uru: Complete Chronicles. The game is also now adding new content in episodes which they plan to release once a month.

There are mechanical puzzles and symbol-interpretation puzzles, seek-and-find challenges and even a couple of multi-player puzzles. There are no inventory puzzles, though you do pick things up that function as rewards, giving you new clothing or enhancements to your Relto (your home in the sky).

There's an ongoing story with in-game characters, but since the story unfolds in real-time, and most people aren't there as the story unfolds, you read about the story through chat logs or descriptions from the people who were there at the time -- in that way, it's different than other games because you don't see story elements told in cutscenes. On the other hand, when you meet the game characters you can actually ask them questions and interact with them!

The game can be enthralling, but it is not the kind of game where some sort of action is happening all the time -- if you are looking for constant stimulation in a game, you won't always find that in Uru.

#150086 - 05/27/07 07:49 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Am I right in thinking that I could switch back and forth from third to first person view at any time in the game? Or is it only at special times? I prefer third person so I would be happy with that, but it might be interesting to try first person part of the time maybe.
How does one make the third person avatar?
I favor enthralling, but stimulation I can do without, unless it is fairly easy.
I like the idea of playing with others if I am able to do it, but that might be hard for me.

#150127 - 05/27/07 09:30 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sierramindy -- yes, you can switch back and forth between first and third person whenever you want.

When you begin the game, you design an avatar, and you can change the avatar's clothing, hair, etc. anytime you want to during the game by going into the Wardrobe in your Relto (personal island).

Playing with others can take a little getting used to. (I was shy the first couple of times in Uru. That didn't last long, though.)

The reason I mentioned stimulation was that, from what I understand, other online multiplayer games feature almost constant things to do -- combat, upgrading your skills, trading craft items, etc. Uru is not at all like that. Much more time is spent exploring, puzzle-solving, and socializing (if you choose to socialize).

#150183 - 05/27/07 11:33 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ohio
I really love the social aspects of this game. If you have trouble with a puzzle or just want company, ask for help and usually you end up with a nice crowd to help you along. Also we have many social events...Every other Friday Donahoo hosts the D'ni Cocktail Party in the D'ni Party Bevin (neighborhood) with great music and we dance the night away (yes, your avatar has a dance emote!) On Wednesday nights, though it is hiatus right now, is Spoken Word Night. That one meets in Uru Obession Bevin. It can get a little silly but is great fun. Right now they are meeting unofficially on Wednesday while the hosts prepare for Spoken Word Night #50. Once a month now, there will be episodes furthering the storyline in the game. Of course you can choose to participate or not as you wish, I will say most of us were just riveted last week to what was going on.....

I think there is a little something for everyone here and it pretty much is what you make of it....Sierramindy, if you do join in please stop by GameBoomer's Bevin and we will be more than glad to make you a member. My KI # is 820902.

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'

#150205 - 05/27/07 11:57 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Dudemom_2000]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Can I use a different user name? I'm thinking of something a little shorter than sierramindy.

#150208 - 05/27/07 12:03 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
boshettee Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Arkansas
At anytime during the game you can F1 to alternate between 1st and 3rd person.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Flo NS, michele rose, Cue, Iurii, Bleumoon, Redz, stevefox), 96 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users