GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#150237 - 05/27/07 01:00 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Originally Posted By: sierramindy
Can I use a different user name? I'm thinking of something a little shorter than sierramindy.

Of course! The hardest thing for me at the beginning was to pick out what I was going to wearlol...I would just try it out first (use the free trial period) - you'll have time to get used to it and know if you like it or not. And, as boshettee said above, you can hit the "f1" key anytime and it switches between first and third person. Also, there are classes every night in the "Beginner's Bevin" (a public neighborhood) where a DRC member will help you get started - and answer any questions.

Hope to see you in our Gameboomer's Bevin!

my uru live avatar name = naywave

#150315 - 05/27/07 03:28 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Renee]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
I'm almost there but first I need to catch up on some sleep. I was so keyed up last night thinking about this that I hardly slept a wink. This morning when I finished my early breakfast I got disoriented and thought I was finishing my evening snack since they are usually the same, weak coffee and chocolate, peanutbutter chip cookies, the little elf kind, not the computer type. I'm also playing Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso, Steve Ince's game and having a blast there. Although I had to take a nap break after almost falling asleep at the keyboard. This is not the game's fault, I hasten to add, as it has plenty of fun stuff going on.
One more (hopefully the last) question. What does DRC mean?
Oops, one more, does one need to join Game Tap?

#150365 - 05/27/07 06:03 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Yes, the only place to play MOUL (Myst Online Uru Live) is via GameTap.

#150386 - 05/27/07 06:46 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
boshettee Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Arkansas
the DRC is the D'ni Restoration Council.

#150389 - 05/27/07 07:14 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: boshettee]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for all your help, Boomers, you are restoring my interest in a Myst that I thought would never happen. But I do recall that the original Myst (which I played for one day before I exchanged it for GK: The Beast Within) had truly great graphics. To this day I can remember some of the paths that I wandered down. And up. And those levers that one could pull but nothing seemed to happen.

#150524 - 05/28/07 07:30 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: FLORIDA
Hey Neighbors!

I was looking at my Chat Log for Rand's visit to the Hood to help figure out who is in the picture and these are all the ones that asked questions while he was there:

Katva
UruKat
Boron
Dudemom
R'ob'Ert
borbaric
Yali
Sith
Moietay
Jinglish
catmargie
doc hemlock
Orion
daht'ay

There may have been a few others that did not say anything, but I believe most people at least said hello.

I know for sure that I am the one all in black with a fushia belt and shoes!

ALSO......want to welcome "looney4labs" and her hubby "soot" as the newest members of Gameboomers Hood!

They dropped in yesterday while LarryK and I were hanging out in the Hood and asked if they could join!

Anyone else interested, just drop in or message me while online. We really have a nice neighborhood and we will be more than happy to show you around and answer any questions. smile

My KI# is 04274357

WELCOME!!

#150576 - 05/28/07 10:05 AM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks to Kat and LarryK, we did indeed make it into the GB Bevin, but only after passing a test rotfl

#150647 - 05/28/07 12:23 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: looney4labs]
Larry K Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Colorado
Just for the record, being a "new-B", the test wasn't my idea. wink

#150703 - 05/28/07 02:12 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Larry K]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I heard about this "test." Sounds like good exercise. Jump jump jump Yay GB!

Welcome to GameBoomers, LarryK! welcome

#150741 - 05/28/07 03:24 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

LOL!
It seemed too easy to just say "sure...you can join!", so I made that part up about the test! I thought it was hilarious!

(For the record: I told them they had to jump up and down 3 times and scream "YAy Boomers!".....ROFL)

#150746 - 05/28/07 03:30 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Hey, it was all in good fun! And jumping and screaming is 2nd nature to me

#150835 - 05/28/07 06:35 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: looney4labs]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi UruKat,
I looked at the photo and I think you are the fourth one from the left, right?
I'm still thinking of going online with MOUL but haven't quite got up my nerve yet since I feel like I will be plunging into something totally new and unknown. But I can feel the power of the need to satisfy my curiosity now that it has turned in that direction. For months I've been totally ignoring any topic dealing with MOUL (I figured out what that meant ages ago.) very successfully and now suddenly I find myself in a whole different frame of mind. It was easier the old way, but more excitig this way! But I need time ...

#150849 - 05/28/07 07:02 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

seirramindy,

You would absolutely be hooked from your first visit! You can sign up for a free (or sometimes 99 cents) trial sub of Gametap for a month. If you don't like it, you can cancel.

I will be more than happy to show you around and, as part of Gameboomer's Hood, you will almost always know someone online.

If you decide to sign up, you can PM me and I will meet you and show you around. I know Dudemom, Becky, Katva or LarryK, just to name a few, will be glad to help too!

Don't fight it....join us! :o)

#150860 - 05/28/07 07:22 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Sierra, it's a fun place to be. It might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but with Myst veterans like those in Kat's post, you'll be in the swing in no time. wave

#151445 - 05/29/07 09:50 PM Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Help! After reading this thread, I feel myself being sucked into Myst... It sounds like a blast. I checked out the website and am itching to start. So, my new best friends, what do I do? Do I need to buy any software? How do I find the GB Bevin once I'm in there? I'll probably use Celtic Lark if the name is available (it usually is) so if you see me wandering around aimlessly, come hold my hand, please!! lol

URU KI #03564317

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (GBC, Chief, flutist, JudyinCT, deleterman, kjos, Pandora, Kayc, dorf, Marian), 102 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kamoj, RebKean, gerald, wJake, Guimerius
8491 Registered Users