GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #150746
05/28/07 03:30 PM
05/28/07 03:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hey, it was all in good fun! And jumping and screaming is 2nd nature to me

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: looney4labs] #150835
05/28/07 06:35 PM
05/28/07 06:35 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hi UruKat,
I looked at the photo and I think you are the fourth one from the left, right?
I'm still thinking of going online with MOUL but haven't quite got up my nerve yet since I feel like I will be plunging into something totally new and unknown. But I can feel the power of the need to satisfy my curiosity now that it has turned in that direction. For months I've been totally ignoring any topic dealing with MOUL (I figured out what that meant ages ago.) very successfully and now suddenly I find myself in a whole different frame of mind. It was easier the old way, but more excitig this way! But I need time ...

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #150849
05/28/07 07:02 PM
05/28/07 07:02 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
seirramindy,

You would absolutely be hooked from your first visit! You can sign up for a free (or sometimes 99 cents) trial sub of Gametap for a month. If you don't like it, you can cancel.

I will be more than happy to show you around and, as part of Gameboomer's Hood, you will almost always know someone online.

If you decide to sign up, you can PM me and I will meet you and show you around. I know Dudemom, Becky, Katva or LarryK, just to name a few, will be glad to help too!

Don't fight it....join us! :o)

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #150860
05/28/07 07:22 PM
05/28/07 07:22 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sierra, it's a fun place to be. It might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but with Myst veterans like those in Kat's post, you'll be in the swing in no time. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #151445
05/29/07 09:50 PM
05/29/07 09:50 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Help! After reading this thread, I feel myself being sucked into Myst... It sounds like a blast. I checked out the website and am itching to start. So, my new best friends, what do I do? Do I need to buy any software? How do I find the GB Bevin once I'm in there? I'll probably use Celtic Lark if the name is available (it usually is) so if you see me wandering around aimlessly, come hold my hand, please!! lol

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #151497
05/30/07 04:12 AM
05/30/07 04:12 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

EDIT:

For anyone who's interested, there's an interview with Rand Miller at Just Adventure that's a good read.

lol Celtic Lark, Myst Online: Uru Live is available through GameTap. You can join GameTap for 99 cents for the first month to see if you like it. The game is played online through GameTap only (you don't need to buy software, but you do need a broadband connection).

To find the GB bevin, you first need to get your Ki. To do this, go through the neighborhood you've been randomly assigned (click on the book on the bookshelf in your Relto and then go through the neighborhood to the linking room where you see books on podiums -- use the book on the far left).

Once you have your Ki, you can post your Ki number (bottom left of the open Ki screen) here and we'll put you on our buddy lists and keep an eye out for you.

You can also go back into your current neighborhood to the linking room and use the Nexus linking book (podium in the center). Once in the Nexus, you can search the bevin/neighborhood list to see if GameBoomers is listed (whether it will be listed depends on whether GB members have been through there recently). If it's listed, you can link directly there.

Or you can use the Nexus to link into the City (go to the ferry) and open up your Ki to look at the names of other avatars on the left -- some of these names just might sound familiar. If you recognize a name, click on it and type in a message, hit "enter," and that person will then respond to you.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #151618
05/30/07 09:00 AM
05/30/07 09:00 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Becky. That will be useful info once I can get the game to download properly. I've tried twice and received a "Game Acquisition Failed" message. I have all the system requirements and I'm not running anything in the background (except standard security stuff). I'm going to see if I can figure it out via tech support but if anyone else has any ideas, please share.

Edit: I figured it out. A restart fixed the problem. I'm going to start the game when I get home from work tonight. Hope to see some of you then!

Last edited by Celtic Lark; 05/30/07 10:28 AM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #151620
05/30/07 09:02 AM
05/30/07 09:02 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Yay!!! wave to all new explorers. Welcome, welcome!! We are listed on the Hood listing Game Boomers' Hood
but...we need to collect permission from all members to post the names and ki numbers so that this is a valid link to post. We also have many from the forum who are in other hoods. Any ideas about how to get a listing somewhere easily???

Kate (Katva Ki# 969932)

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: KateVa] #151763
05/30/07 01:51 PM
05/30/07 01:51 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Welcome Celtic Lark!
I'll be hanging around this evening after about 8:00 EST, so I will watch for you.

KateVa....you have my permission to post my avatar name and KI # if you want.

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #151764
05/30/07 01:53 PM
05/30/07 01:53 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

You've my permission too, Kateva.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #151851
05/30/07 03:34 PM
05/30/07 03:34 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately, UruKat, I will still be at work at 8:00 EST. I don't get home until 6:30ish PST. Then dinner and all that so by the time I make it online it will probably be 8:00 PST. Shoot. Well, maybe I'll see you on the weekend?

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #151992
05/30/07 08:02 PM
05/30/07 08:02 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Hope to see you there, too, Celtic Lark wave

Becky, where can I find the thread with the treasure hunt?

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #152046
05/31/07 01:11 AM
05/31/07 01:11 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Oh wow, I just spent five hours online playing Myst. This is quickly going to become a time-sucker, isn't it? I finished the cleft and met someone who showed me around some of the other worlds. Overwhelming but so fascinating. I can't imagine how much work went into creating this world.

I wanted to find the Game Boomers neighborhood but had no idea how. I did add UruKat to my buddy list. My KI is 6944894. If I can arrange to meet up with one of you to show me where the GB neighborhood is, I'd be very grateful!

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #152093
05/31/07 07:22 AM
05/31/07 07:22 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Celtic Lark -- I'll be keeping an eye out for you!

Renee -- the Treasure Hunt thread is here. Kateva's Treasure Hunt is on page 2, her answers in spoiler tags on page 3. My Treasure Hunt and answers in spoiler tags are on page 4. (These page numbers listings assume that you haven't customized how many posts you can see per page.)

Have fun!

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #152099
05/31/07 07:30 AM
05/31/07 07:30 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Celtic Lark, I'm sure hubby and I will be online tonight after dinner (we are central time). Look for Looney4Labs or Soot1 (06836764 or 06840271) It is quite an amazing place. There are also tours every evening if you pop into A Beginner's Bevin. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: looney4labs] #152113
05/31/07 07:53 AM
05/31/07 07:53 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Hey Celtic Lark!

Sorry we couldn't meet up last night....that's a little late on week nights for me....but I am sure we can get together on weekends.

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Five hours!! You go girl!! thumbsup

To find Gameboomer's Bevin, go to any Nexus (hopefully you were there last night) and click on "Public Places". That's where the public Hoods are listed. Then scroll down the list and look for ours. It is not always listed because someone has to have been there recently or it falls off the list.

Another way to get in is to put a member's KI # on your "Buddie's" list and then whenever one of us in online, it will show up on the left side of youe screen and then you can click on it and talk to us. Then we can take you there and sign you up!

We all have our KI #'s posted on our replies, so add all of them to your "Buddies", so you will have more chance of finding one of us.

So glad you made the plunge.....you will get so addicted!

We'll be looking for you this weekend. In the meantime, hopefully you can meet up with Looney4Labs and her hubby Soot and they can take you to our neighborhood.

Enjoyyyyyyy......... wave

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #152269
05/31/07 02:45 PM
05/31/07 02:45 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Believe it or not, I finally got myself together and bit the bullet and went to GameTap and MOUL. So I'm wandering around and as usual, I'm completely lost but ... yesterday I actually found my KI# with the help of kimmie. I managed to follow her to the right place, but it wasn't easy, I'm still trying hard to get my avatar to go where I want it to go, using both mouse and arrow keys. So far I've accidentally knocked down a cone in my way and some stand I wanted to click on but instead it fell over with a terrible CLANG and also moved a pretty colored beach? ball which just rolled out of sight. I feel like I'm damaging the ecology of the place, like turning it into a shambles. Does anyone even want to know someone as poor a player as I am probably going to be? Well, I've only been for 3 visits so it is still way too early for me to know what I'm doing. I have picked up 2 books for my shelf though even if I'm not too sure how they work yet.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #152285
05/31/07 03:40 PM
05/31/07 03:40 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

lol Sierramindy, knocking cones down and kicking the beach ball around is part of getting used to the place. And yes, there's so much depth there that it does take awhile to figure things out.

Are you playing in third person perspective? grin

Clicking on the books on the shelf, then clicking on them again when they open up links you to another Age or world to explore.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #152318
05/31/07 05:58 PM
05/31/07 05:58 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Yay SierraMindy! Now that you've found your Ki #, please post it here so we can all say Hi and help you with as much (or as little) help as you want. wave
Celtic Lark, I have added you to my buddies and hope to see you soon.
Becky-thanks for the interview link. Fascinating to hear Rand as always, and I hope we can continue to build his player base! GB is obviously a good resource thanks to people like you!
Kate (aka: Katva Ki #969932)

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: KateVa] #152377
05/31/07 07:41 PM
05/31/07 07:41 PM
Arkansas
boshettee Offline
Shy Boomer
boshettee  Offline
Shy Boomer

Arkansas
sierramindy, I never could get use to 3rd person. I stay pretty much exclusively in 1st person. About the only time I switch is when I decided to changed my cloths ( you can get pretty dirty you know) and I want to see if the colors clash enough! lol

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: boshettee] #152428
05/31/07 10:05 PM
05/31/07 10:05 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Thanks for the link to the treasure hunt, Becky! wave

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Renee] #152446
05/31/07 10:48 PM
05/31/07 10:48 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Hey fellow gamers!

I ran into Big John this evening and he told me that there are a few Eder Delin books in some of the hoods, The Guild of Greeters Bevin is one that has it.
So this is good news for all those that need to go through the door there.
Also good news for those who haven't got the two relto pages in there.
It should be a great time to get help for the doors.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #152460
05/31/07 11:59 PM
05/31/07 11:59 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Thanks all for your tips and KIs. I will add them to my buddy list tonight. Since I'm in PST and many of you seem to be in Central Time or EST, I will probably be seeing you mostly on weekends. Although I might have a chance of meeting up with European GBers on weeknights if anyone plays in the morning while I'm on at night.

UruKat - Thanks so much for the directions to the GB Neighborhood. I just got home and am about to plunge back into the world of Myst. I will see if I can at least find the neighborhood.

Have I mentioned yet that you are all awesome and I'm so happy to have found you all? hearts

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #152461
06/01/07 12:24 AM
06/01/07 12:24 AM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I play in third person (I like my avatar, but I keep forgetting it is me and sometimes I wait for her to give me a clue!) At present I'm trying to wander around enough to memorize a few landmarks. Also trying to learn what some of the icons do. There is a complicated one that shows up at the right hand top of the screen now and then and I click on it but so far the only thing I have really figured out about it is the toggle switch that turns the sound on and off. The rest I'm still trying to figure out. I read about the help at the Beginner's Bevin but haven't found my way there yet. Someone mentioned they give a tour, but I'm aftraid that would confuse me more than ever. Everything would blend together and I would never find my way. I have to learn paths and places a little bit at a time. An area finally sinks in after finding it and exploring it several times and then I can move on a little farther. I have this problem with adventure games all the time and the walkthroughs are absolutely no help. So, for now, I would like to just take my time to get used to the feel of the surroundings. Yesterday I followed Kimmie to get my KI# and I have absolutely no idea where I went. It took all my concentration just to keep up with her and it wasn't like she was rushing or anything. I know we turned this way and went thataway but haven't a clue as to the actual path. I've been exploring the desert area and today I found a cleft and a windmill and I know I will be able to find them again later. Tomorrow I'll check out the cavern, I think.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #152462
06/01/07 01:18 AM
06/01/07 01:18 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Hi Sierramindy -

I'm the same way. I have to figure a lot of things out for myself. Last night, I met a nice guy who showed me how to do a lot of things and I've forgotten half of them. I can't remember how to look up, of all things!

I'm currently wandering around a world (age?) called something like Eder Gira. Looks like Sedona, AZ. I keep finding myself on the same paths and can't figure out how to get to another part of the world. I can see where I want to go, I just have to figure out how to get there. I'm hoping to run into some Game Boomers online this weekend who can show me the ropes a bit more. So I guess we'll both wander around as best we can and play this game at our own pace. I think that's the beauty of it, though. We can do it on our own or join with others. Love it!

URU KI #03564317
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (manxman, 2 invisible), 303 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users