GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #152556
06/01/07 08:04 AM
06/01/07 08:04 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Just thought I would also mention that there is an "official" website for Uru, that has tons of info for newbies and veterans.
It's Gametap's official site. You will be seeing these initals a lot....MOUL...which stands for "Myst Online: Uru Live". Which is also the name of the website.

I get most of my information in the "forums" on that site. They also have complete walkthroughs and hints and tips. I find that it is the type of game that you almost have to read the forums to find out what is going on as you explore. Especially if you are new to it all.
This is a link to the MOUL site that has lots of info put together for newbies...

MOUL Website Link

Don't get overwhelmed though. The best way to start is probably to just do the Cleft and the first 4 ages first (Gahreesen, Teledahn, Kadish Tolesa, Eder Gira & Kemo).
By then you will have a much better feel for the game and then you can venture out more and start exploring the new areas and socializing with fellow gamers.
If you need help while doing these ages, you can invite someone else to go with you and help you figure out what to do.

CelticLark.....
If you need help with Eder Gira and you see one of us online, be sure to ask for help. I would be more than glad to walk you through it or guide you. I have finished everything available now, so I would love something to do while I am hanging around. smile

Last edited by UruKat; 06/01/07 08:05 AM.

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #152931
06/01/07 08:16 PM
06/01/07 08:16 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I did do some poking around on the forums at the official URU website. It's all so huge - it's a bit intimidating. I will check out the link for newbies.

I would love help with Eder Gira so if I see you online, UruKat, I will definitely ask for your assistance.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #152997
06/01/07 10:35 PM
06/01/07 10:35 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hi UruKat,
Thanks for the MOUL website link! I found a lot of help there and made a ton of notes. I also saw a walkthrough for the Cleft (which I found and explored a bit yesterday but couldn't find the handle) so now I know where to look. I was close as I recall going over that 3 plank bridge but didn't see any handle or any kitchen. Anyway, I do feel I'm slowly making some progress and since I signed up for a whole year I guess I can take my time.

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153030
06/02/07 01:27 AM
06/02/07 01:27 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Almost done with Eder Gira. Just one more cloth to get and I know where it is. Just takes some planning to get it and I need sleep.

Thanks r_fike/Boomer for making me a member of the GB Bevin. I'm so tickled - now I feel like I belong. grin I know, I'm easily excited. It's all so new and fun. I'll calm down in a few weeks, I promise.

Nite! tired

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #153031
06/02/07 01:30 AM
06/02/07 01:30 AM
Oklahoma
r_fike Offline
Settled Boomer
r_fike  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oklahoma
Glad to be of assistance Celtic Lark.

My granddaughter will be staying with us next week so I won't have any time to get on MOUL. Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: r_fike] #153032
06/02/07 01:33 AM
06/02/07 01:33 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Have a great time with your granddaughter. I'll be sure to say hello when I see you next in MOUL. Thanks again! smile

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #153055
06/02/07 04:09 AM
06/02/07 04:09 AM
Australia
J
janinemary Offline
Junior Boomer
janinemary  Offline
Junior Boomer
J

Australia
Hi Celtic Lark , I sometimes play in the mornings. I will look out for you, and say hello. wave

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Chat Log [Re: janinemary] #153081
06/02/07 07:12 AM
06/02/07 07:12 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
When you are in the neighborhood, don't forget there is a Ki Manual on the desk in the classroom.

There are several good guides to the Ki online. The Guild of Greeters (another good neighborhood to visit when you figure out the nexus lol) has one at

How to Use the Ki

Another is the DRC guide (thanks to the D'ni Jazz Club) at

DRC Ki Guide

If you read these all at once and try to absorb the info you will get a headache. But you can consult from time to time..

Looking forward to seeing you all in the cavern!
Kate (Katva Ki#969932)

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153107
06/02/07 08:44 AM
06/02/07 08:44 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Just found a VERY interesting peek at what the episode for June will be!!
It's found on the Gametap website:

Gametap Link

Sounds awesome!
Click to reveal..
The next episode, “A New Light, begins in June in it, Power is shifting and new leaders begin to emerge while those from the past begin to fade. Amidst all the chaos, the Age of Er’Cana is released and Explorers are asked to help feed the darkening lake. Meanwhile, new information is revealed and more begin to fear the coming war. Er’Cana features a vast landscape with hours of unique gameplay that can be played single player or with friends.

Also...Sierramindy.....what is your KI# and avatar name???

Last edited by UruKat; 06/02/07 10:09 AM.

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: UruKat] #153205
06/02/07 12:02 PM
06/02/07 12:02 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Wow! and, a footnote for anyone who wants to try the game, it is free on GameTap over this weekend. Hurry up though..free until June 4.

Free games at Game Tap this week

Kate

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: KateVa] #153266
06/02/07 02:29 PM
06/02/07 02:29 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hi UruKat,
I clicked on the Gametap link and read about the new episode and then I clicked on "Instructions" and there I found a TIP for Relto Customization. There are Relto pages that allow this but they are hard to come by. There was a thumbnail picture of a Relto page. Well, I've come across several of these pages and have clicked on them but nothing happens that I can see. Do I need to do something else first?

Okay, you asked so here it is: Avatar name is mindyjo and my KI# is 06933099 and I already have it memorized. Like my social security number!

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: KateVa] #153269
06/02/07 02:33 PM
06/02/07 02:33 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sierramindy -- if you've memorized your Ki number already, that's a lot more than I've done! Uru itself should be a snap. lol

The Relto pages (as I recall) -- you have to click on them to see them fully, and then click on them a second time to get them into your Relto book. You could look at your Relto book and see if any of them have made it actually into the book (at the bottom of the page, you'll see a corner turned down, signifying that you can turn the page to see what else is in there). Once there, you can click on them to disable them or to enable them again.

Hmmm. What does everybody think of the new GameTap homepage. Is it just me, or is it a bit overwhelming? lol

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153292
06/02/07 03:30 PM
06/02/07 03:30 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

A List of Ki Numbers!

I'm putting together a list of Ki numbers to make contacting other explorers easier for anyone who is new. Find out more info here.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153312
06/02/07 05:07 PM
06/02/07 05:07 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Just sent an email off to you, Becky. smile

janinemary - I will keep an eye out for you as well. I can see you are new to GameBoomers. Welcome! I just joined a few week or so ago and everyone here is exceptionally friendly. welcome

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #153390
06/02/07 07:29 PM
06/02/07 07:29 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hi Becky,
Don't I wish! Memorizing the KI# happened to be easy because the numbers made a simple pattern, rather than completely random. What is hard for me is remembering that KI is pronounced key, not KY rhymes with MY. Should be KIE, I would think. Oh well, I'm being picky, picky, I know but I'm worn out from trying to solve CLEFT puzzles. I read a hint yesterday and thought I knew what to do. I didn't. Had to read it again today. I had to learn a bit more before I actually was able to fully understand the hint, actually it was a walkthrough but I only read the part I thought I needed to know. Today I read another walkthrough almost to the end (big discouraging mistake) and I'm not sure I will ever be able to do all that it said. Anyway, a question, do the 7 cloths have to be done in the same order as mentioned in the walkthrough? I hope not.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #153402
06/02/07 07:58 PM
06/02/07 07:58 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi sierramindy -- cloths can be touched in any order. Hmmm. Maybe I should look and see if my Ki number has a pattern (haven't thought to look for one!). lol

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153427
06/02/07 09:18 PM
06/02/07 09:18 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
The pattern just was there for me, I didn't actually look for it. Some numbers just fall into place for memorizing better than others and my KI# is very nice that way. Really!
Thanks for answering my question as I was worried since I already have some, I think. I've got a new worry now! Today for the first time I did more than explore and worked out one of the puzzles.

Click to reveal..
I got the windmill to turn.

Now I'm worried that I didn't SAVE it and will have to do it all over again tomorrow unless there is an AUTOMATIC SAVE somewhere and how do I find it? I'm getting the feeling this game may just be way over my head, but as long as something new keeps coming along to satisfy my curiosity I'll stay with it. Like I've just returned from a party in one of the public bevins. I'm not really a party animal so I just looked in. Some avatars were dancing, others just standing around, and one was sitting alone not paying any attention to anything.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #153434
06/02/07 09:33 PM
06/02/07 09:33 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Sierramindy --

Click to reveal..
You are supposed to get the windmill working! It sounds as though you are progressing nicely.

The game does autosave, so that any progress you made (like touching the journey cloths) will be there the next time you enter the game.

You'll notice that the hand lights up when you touch the cloths -- these can give you an idea of how many more cloths you have left to touch in that Age. If everything lights up except for three fingers, for instance, that means that you have 3 cloths left to discover and touch.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #153476
06/02/07 11:04 PM
06/02/07 11:04 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Since the game always starts at the Relto I suddenly wasn't sure if the progress would be there or not since this is actually the first time that I did anything in the game that I knew was part of moving the story along. Before that I had just been walking around touching things with nothing much happening except for finding the KI# and the Nexus and 2 books for my shelves. Oh, and knocking things over.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #153489
06/03/07 12:43 AM
06/03/07 12:43 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I was worried about the autosave too, sierramindy. I'm actually finding it a bit irritating that I can't just save wherever I am and then come back to it. Even though it's saving my progress, if an area was particularly difficult to reach, I don't want to leave it until I've done everything I have to do there. While I know what I've done will be saved, I'll have to get to that area again.

Thanks to all the GBers I met tonight who were so helpful. Kat, you are awesome (and magical!). L4L and Soot, it was fun to see you there. And mikeplay3, thanks for checking up on me through the evening to make sure I was doing okay. praise

URU KI #03564317
Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Celtic Lark] #154686
06/05/07 02:26 PM
06/05/07 02:26 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hi UruKat,
About those Relto pages, I actually do have them, I was just looking in the wrong book for them! Silly me.

Hi Becky,
I now have 6 of the Journey Cloths so I'm making progress. I've also emailed my KI# and avatar name to you, hope I did it right. I'm used to replying to email, not starting new messages.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #154883
06/05/07 08:19 PM
06/05/07 08:19 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi sierramindy -- I just emailed you so you can respond with your Ki number and avatar name (I haven't received a message from you yet). thumbsup

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #155368
06/06/07 07:50 PM
06/06/07 07:50 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Well, I tried, just didn't get it right. MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo sent me an email saying it couldn't be found and a whole page of stuff and numbers and gobble-de-gook to show how hard they looked for it. So lucky thing that you emailed me. I'm pretty sure my reply made it okay to you.

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: sierramindy] #155381
06/06/07 08:18 PM
06/06/07 08:18 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Yes, it came through earlier today. Thanks sierramindy!

Becky

BTW -- for anyone who's interested -- I found this in an article in PC Gamer called "Helpful Tips for Addiction-Prone Gamers" -- it's directed at people who play online games way into the night and ignore their loved ones and go to work groggy-eyed, etc.

Suggestion #8

Quote:
Pick a game that lacks an addictive quality.

Myst Online: Uru Live has an active community, but no leveling and no character death, so players do not receive an adrenaline rush while killing or avoiding being killed. Uru Live is also about solving puzzles and mysteries, so the instant gratification element, while still present, is typically less than in combat-oriented MMOs.

Is this a compliment, do you think? grin

Re: Rand Miller of Cyan in the GameBoomers' Bevin -- Shortened Chat Log [Re: Becky] #155747
06/07/07 02:33 PM
06/07/07 02:33 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Definitely a compliment to my mind and a great selling point for playing MOUL too. My adrenaline gives me enough of a rush so I don't need the kick of combat added to it yet. Gimme a break!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users