GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#163129 - 06/21/07 11:52 AM Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
"A New Light," Episode 6 of Myst Online: Uru Live to release Saturday, June 23rd through GameTap.

Quote:
Power is shifting and new leaders begin to emerge while those from the past begin to fade. Amidst all the chaos, the Age of Er’Cana is released and Explorers are asked to help feed the darkening lake. Meanwhile, new information is revealed and more begin to fear the coming war.

Er’Cana features a vast landscape with hours of unique gameplay that can be played single player or with friends.

If this episode follows the same format as the previous episode, there will be new story content released via roleplay as the episode begins, with Er'Cana opening for explorers near the end of next week. For more information, visit the Myst Online website.

You can play Myst Online: Uru Live for free through June 27th by getting a free TapID on GameTap. You must be 13 years of age and have a broadband connection to get a TapID. As far as I can tell, the free TapID is available to international gamers.

#163305 - 06/21/07 07:49 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
We were just signing on to MOUL and it said Welcome to First Light--episode 6. Do you suppose it released early?

#163318 - 06/21/07 08:10 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: looney4labs]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Thanks for the alert, Becky! happydance (soooo happy!)

I don't know, L4L - I'll have to check it out - sometimes the updates take forever, so they start them ahead of schedule duh

#163319 - 06/21/07 08:10 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: looney4labs]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

They've probably released the update early to test it and to give people a chance to download the file before the big day (so not everyone is downloading at the same time on Saturday morning). But the new content won't be available until the 23rd.

I like downloading in advance -- less frustrating when you want to get right in there and see what's going on.

BTW -- if this is Episode 6, and Scars was Episode 5, what do you think Episodes 1 thorugh 4 were?

#163323 - 06/21/07 08:18 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Loc: Québec
Downloading episode 6 as we speak. I think it will take at least 15 minutes.

Chief

Correction: around 13-14 minutes

Edited by Chief (06/21/07 08:27 PM)

#163332 - 06/21/07 08:46 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Well, if anyone gets on let me know. We downloaded, but now cannot connect to MOUL. Hubby thinks it's trying to connect to the new stuff, and since it can't, it just won't let us in.

Sigh, I guess it just wasn't in the cards for us to play tonight. sad

#163342 - 06/21/07 09:04 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: looney4labs]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

L4L, by the time I started downloading and to get to Takota Alley, it took 40 minutes with all the updates.

Chief

#163346 - 06/21/07 09:18 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Chief -- good point, it isn't just the initial download -- you should try to get into the city if you can because that may also have an update.

I take it you got in and in one piece tonight, Chief? grin

#163350 - 06/21/07 09:30 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Okay....hmmmm it's been over an hour and I'm still at that "Updating" black screen with the progress bar at the bottom. When it gets to the end, it starts over again - I wonder if it's a bug and if I should abort the update and try again....(just thinking out loud think)

#163359 - 06/21/07 09:48 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Renee]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Becky, got in OK but then decided to use a linking book to go elsewhere and it took some time also. And the scenery is very bad tonight.

If you can Renee, wait some more.

Will there be a book for this????

And I'm still looking for some craters (if the word is good) in Minkata. Only saw one.

Chief

#163365 - 06/21/07 09:59 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Chief - I was able to get into the city finally (I linked into the Kadish Gallery from the brown book in my relto) - But, whoa blush !!! Someone call the police -

Kadish gallery has been robbed!

I think I'll just reboot and try again....

#163367 - 06/21/07 10:00 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I just got in with no problem. The initial update took 12 minutes. It took a couple of minutes for the progress bar to start -- I was worried that maybe the update had crashed, but fortunately it hadn't.

Getting into the main city instance involved a 2 minute download. I was only there briefly -- something has changed, and I should have watched my step. lol

Chief -- which linking book did you use? (You may want to put it in a Spoiler tag, as an update in an Age implies that there's new content in that Age.)

For Er'Cana -- yes, there should be a new book, but we probably won't see it right away -- maybe later in the week is my guess.

Craters is a good description. I call them holes, but I think others call them caves. I've found four, but can't always find my way back to them.

Renee -- somebody stole all the textures! razz Graphics in the city didn't look different to me. May go back in and check out the gallery. And I meant to check if the Ki coordinates have been changed. That spot just to the side of the line of the Great Zero where they suddenly go wacky.

#163386 - 06/21/07 11:00 PM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Becky, I should have said one of the books in the City that bring us back to the Nexus Room. I thought it would go faster than to run back to the Alley. It took 5 minutes to update again.

Chief

#163401 - 06/22/07 01:43 AM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hmmm. Odd. Usually it's speedy getting to the nexus.

#163469 - 06/22/07 07:37 AM Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky]
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: FLORIDA
Yes...mine took about 15 minutes to update while logging in.....I hope that means LOTS of new stuff to do starting Saturday! grin

Regarding the update while linking from your Nexus to the city, it just takes a while. Mine took almost 5 minutes with several loading bars.

I got in very early, right after the site was up again after adding the updates. We had a lot of fun "line dancing" thanks to Ravenclaw's music!

A lot of people were experiencing unusual things in the public city last night:

Some people were seeing the blue GZ light and no texture in the city, and could not see all the people either.
This was usually resolved by linking out and relinking back in. We figured it was a glitch or maybe all the updates were not loaded the first attempt.

I really only noticed one change in the city....................

Click to reveal..
All the cones except one are GONE! Only one "LONE CONE"

CHIEF: I would be happy to help you find the other holes in Minkata. You really should get those done before the new release of Ercana. I will be online tonight, so if you see me, give me a shout!
By the way....the round brown things on Minkata are called "Scars".....since they look like scars on the land.

Edited by UruKat (06/22/07 07:45 AM)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (auntiegram, RebKean, Rushes, fildil, Marji, GBC, traveler, kjos, jimrh69, 1 invisible), 89 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users