GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166242 - 06/27/07 02:03 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Jenny100]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
I don't know...I think there is good & bad games..

So far there have been alot of Good ones..
Some really neat ones coming up!!!!

What can you do....
Thank Goodness for forums like GameBoomers. Hopefully the bigger developers will come in to these forums,and take heed what people want..
I do think its getting better tho happydance

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#166331 - 06/27/07 04:39 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Darleen03]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"Like a certain painting puzzle".

You bet !! eek

Cheers.

Mad lol [ Safe to laugh now wink ]

#167199 - 06/29/07 04:17 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Mad]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
Well, action9026... seems like you've opened yourself up for some of our suggestions. Here are mine:

I had fun in 'Sweden'... playing as Carol Reed, solving mysteries in "Hope Springs Eternal", "Remedy", & "Time Stand Still". The cartoon-y type games are lots of fun, too. "Tony Tough" comes to mind. Just had to chime in! wave

#167223 - 06/29/07 05:51 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Carrie]
ray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
Action, you know what would dramatically increase your gaming choices? Consider purchasing a console of some kind. XBox 360, PS2 or 3, PSP, Gameboy DS, whatever. There's a huge amount of creativity going on in the console world right now.

Example: Kameo on the 360. This is an incredibly beautiful game set in a high fantasy environment. You play a young fairy girl who's trying to save her world from evil orcs. The cool gimmick of the game is that you learn to transform into ten different creatures, each of which has its own set of physical skills. So while the game is filled with combat (really fun combat) it's also tactical because you're constantly having to ask yourself: who do I turn into now? What will get me past this obstacle.

Then there's Okami for the PS2, one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.

And let's not forget Resident Evil 4, now available on virtually all platforms. I don't even LIKE Resident Evil, but they completely reinvented the franchise with this game, and it's simply brilliant.

#167355 - 06/30/07 01:23 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: ray]
Ellimay Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, one thing I can say for myself. I prefer point & click games. I absolutly HATE keyboard controls. When I'm looking for a game, I try to findout all I can about the controls, first, then the ratings. I like puzzles , but hate RPG's. I like being a detective, but hate inventory based puzzles.I think the game I did like the most this year playing even though I am going back on what I just said, is Return to Mysterious Island. It had a lot of inventory based games, but, they were tolerable and easy to do. The game had a great story, was fun, great graphics. I hate games termed as adventure games when they should be classed as action/adventure because I hate things you need to shoot, only because they are usually and I mean usually KEYBOARD CONTROL, which as stated earlier I HATE. I thought OH! everyone is buying or looking for Destination Treasure Island. Well, in I jumped both feet. Played part of it, Hated it, sold it.Now, I loved Dracula Resurrection & Dracula The Last Sanctuary.
Hence I have played a few more of the older games this year simply for that fact. POINT & CLICK like the good old days.

yes MAD " LIKE THE PAINTING PUZZLE> " LOL

Edited by Ellimay (06/30/07 01:28 AM)

#167367 - 06/30/07 03:03 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Jenny100]
Dookie Offline
Settled Boomer

Err. What happened to the BAAG syndrome? I got into that and bought everything so now I have a pile of games that I will never, ever play. monky

#168404 - 07/01/07 10:12 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: action9026]
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
I must admit that the title of this thread shocks me. I would never really argue with anyone here, but according to my list of "Games I must have" and to my credit card statements, there are lots of new game out there that I need. I'm slowly, but joyously, going broke just acquiring new ones.

#168422 - 07/01/07 11:08 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: The Haze]
action9026 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Sooner Land
Ellimay, I think we may be twins. I look for exactly what you do!

Ray... I do have the Xbox 360, and I really wished I would have done my research beforehand. There are really no games I want. I liked Viva Pinata for a while, and I bought Kameo, but it was to RPG-y for me. I have 'Indigo Prophecy' and I've only played it for about an hour. I think I shoulda got the Wii.

Ok that sounds weird. Wii.. get it?... ok I'm going to bed.

#168481 - 07/02/07 07:14 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: action9026]
Sassafras Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ormond By The Sea ,Florida
The only games I have actually played all the way thru lately are Secrets of Atlantis and Davinci. I got bored with Ankh, Al Emmo, Tunguska, and even a replay of Siberia! I have realized that my problem is that I don't like third-person games nearly as much as first-person!

#168781 - 07/02/07 02:25 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Sassafras]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I agree with you Haze. Even in games I find I don't particularly like, I am never bored and want to see what is around that next corner, just like real life. But that's just me, nothing against anyone that doesn't feel the same way.

#168798 - 07/02/07 02:47 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: nickie]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I tend to get bored when it takes all day to get around the corner. wink

#168883 - 07/02/07 04:15 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: action9026]
Jenna Offline
Settled Boomer

I am enjoying the puzzle game Magicama. It isn't an adventure game-it is a series of puzzles but it is a nice break from the adventure games I have been playing. You can solve a few puzzles, then come back later and pick up right where you left off.

#169017 - 07/02/07 06:55 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Jenny100]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I tend to get bored when it takes all day to get around the corner. wink

I'm kind of like that cow in the commercial that left a month ago on vacation but has just made it to the next field. razz

#169088 - 07/02/07 09:36 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: nickie]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi smile

"I tend to get bored when it takes all day to get around the corner"

So well put !! lol lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

#169122 - 07/03/07 12:26 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: action9026]
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arizona, U.S.A.
HI Action9026

I do love RPS's that is if they are point and click. But I must agree with you, I am not interested at all in sports games. I bough the Myst, Riven and and games like it and I was stuck. I have Divine Divinity in a case, started to play it again and I just get stuck everytime, so it is back in a case. Give me a good RPG or Adventure and I am happy. I also like ghost games, keeps me on my toes.

Have a Happy 4th of July everyone.

Maggie :USA: wave

Edited by maggie57 (07/03/07 12:27 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Cathy1, dianne, Karsten, DoreenS, connie, Gimme, colpet, kjos, 1 invisible), 85 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users