GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: UruKat] #165689
06/26/07 12:39 PM
06/26/07 12:39 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Thanks for everyone who has helped me and ongoing help! Do we still have to do ALL those marker quests now that the GZ is apparently up and running? Becky thanks for reply about marker quests. UruKat..i did slide that chat fade all the way to the left..have been doing that but the 'chat' stays on the screen all the time (unless i close the KI or log off and restart). Should i go ahead and send in a ticket? Here i am--dumb and dumber. I am just-for some reason-having an awful time 'getting with it' in this. I have the Complete Chronicles and did not even get as far as being able to do the markers so i guess there is some improvement! hahaha...parallel cities..yikes. makes my head hurt! Minkata (the brief, windy, biting sand...pfuii..)..what twisted, Mensa minded soul thought that one up!!? i had to go buy solarcaine and neosporine and drank a gallon of water after just a brief bit of time in that little piece of inferno! (not to mention better sunglasses!). hahaha. I looked at some postings and saw caves mentioned (i think) i walked one time for about 10min and never saw anything like a cave..just desert..ick.Even did it walking backwards so could see my footprints and try and keep somewhat of straight line so could get back ok... still spitting sand! I sure have my hat off to the people who give us hints and sometimes (many times) the downright solve! It sure beats me how they figure some of these puzzles out! Oh..i did have one odd thing happen..when you come into the City through the Kadesh Gallery..well i came from the City and went into the Gallery via the doors, and guess what? could not go down the staircase! there were the orange/white barracades (2) blocking! weird. I left another way but i thought that was strange. You know....i wonder...maybe we could have another forum here...the 'boomers MOUL forum...?

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: gamenut] #165697
06/26/07 01:03 PM
06/26/07 01:03 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Just got in the City today. Not much people there. Went to the Pub and the new book was there. Time to do more exploring.

Chief

Chief
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: gamenut] #165732
06/26/07 02:22 PM
06/26/07 02:22 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Originally Posted By: gamenut
..have been doing that but the 'chat' stays on the screen all the time (unless i close the KI or log off and restart). Should i go ahead and send in a ticket?

Hi gamenut, are you having fun yet?

I can't get rid of that darn chat at the top, either. So what I do is move the KI to the right corner of the screen so that the dialog is chopped off - you can still see the KI and whoever's on at the time - this is where the chat fade setting works. The names will disappear but the KI will still be on the screen - I hope this works for you! (I like to hide the dialog just in case someone mentions a "spoiler" that I don't want to hear)

I was stumped on finding those caves in Minkata, too - I've got sand in places I can't mention here...

It would be nice to have a separate - "sub" forum for MOUL otherwise this thread's going to be really long! Good idea!! We'll see if MaG agrees

Thanks for the info, Chief!!

Last edited by Renee; 06/26/07 02:25 PM. Reason: more thoughts to add

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Renee] #165736
06/26/07 02:36 PM
06/26/07 02:36 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I think a forum for MOUL would be just great!
I read on a newcomer's guide and answer sheet one can clear the chat pane on the screen by typing: /clearchat
It seems there are special commands that all begin with a forward slash (/).

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: sierramindy] #165776
06/26/07 03:54 PM
06/26/07 03:54 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Renee-yes, still finding sand! i think i even shook some out onto my dog!(Bobo-a.k.a.; he who shall not be ignored). That's what i finally did w/Ki..moved it over to the right so dialog off screen. Sierralady! thanks for that /clearscreen info ! i will have to look for that area you mentioned that had all that info...one of the helpers had sent it to me via KImail-haha-incoming and after i opened it once to look at it then i never could get it open again. pfuii.! I went back to the Pub and now saw the book there-on left in the alcove-so, held my breath and linked..seems like another desert area, but not as awful as Minkata seemed to be. (i may wait to do Minkata this Winter.....). i think this was Path of the Shell stuff (just saw a bit when i had Complete Chronicles...you get all the books on your shelf in Relto so i really got into areas where normally you can't go until after you finished Uru Prime..I proceeded to get really good and confused...just took brief look at this area, and never did markers in To D'ni. Got so bad i quit. One reason i wanted to try it online. helpers! hahaa They (Customer Service) posted notice the server will be down approx 30 min beginning 5P E.S.T . i did see a POTS insignia but when touched it it did nothing..so don't know if those work, or just to be a sign for us to see. As usual, clueless and useless!!! grrrrr hahah! (i mean me, not the insignia).

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: gamenut] #165810
06/26/07 04:50 PM
06/26/07 04:50 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
WOOHOO!!!

Click to reveal..
Ercana is open!!!

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky] #165856
06/26/07 06:54 PM
06/26/07 06:54 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Woo hoo!! I'll be on around 7:30 - 8:00ish PST. smile Hope you're still on then, Kat!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Celtic Lark] #165909
06/26/07 08:38 PM
06/26/07 08:38 PM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
Just finished working a Relay tonight and interesting news.... Reteltee (an explorer) was asked to meet with Cate Alexander and Marie Sutherland in a private meeting. He then went to Uru Obession Hood to have a meeting.

Here is a summary from Uru Obession Cavern Today:

"The meeting showed that the DRC is interested in slowly making a progress to introduce some kind of guild system in the future. They had a few suggestions on what Guilds could be created and asked for Reteltee's suggestions on what guilds to include and how to incorporate it. Unfortunately this isn't anything the DRC wants to make completely public yet so we don't know any details and there are some things Reteltee were forbidden to talk about."

The talk is possibly doing this in "babysteps" - slowly and methodically.... So it appears eventually there will be more involvment for us! No time frame was given. Reteltee says he will post a chatlog soon of some of the information from the meeting with Cate and Marie but only up to the point where he was asked not to keep a chatlog any more because of information they prefered not to disseminate yet. Reteltee is knowledgeable in Guilds and apparently the DRC are interested in what he had to say. So this seems like there is even more afoot in the cavern than just new ages! (and yes, we relayed this meeting to our customers who got it first!)

Once the chatlog is posted I will include it here.

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Dudemom_2000] #165956
06/26/07 10:00 PM
06/26/07 10:00 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Well, i have enjoyed the scenery, and the music in Er'cana-but i think i am done. After ump-teenth times trying to get out of the mine car (is pretty much like that blasted bucket jump)i am just too disappointed and disgusted to really want to play anymore. Maybe i will fiddle with this Age, maybe others, but for me there is just not enough time in this type of puzzle for me. Maybe i will come back to this in a couple days, or weeks, or months (more likely)but for now i have had enough frustration. Not fun anymore...just too hard for me. But thanks to all who have tried to help me... you guys are the best. I am just not quick enough for some of this stuff anymore. Good luck to everybody w/this game..i know there are lots of other games out there for me!

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: gamenut] #165960
06/26/07 10:10 PM
06/26/07 10:10 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
GAMENUT!

Don't give up...it takes a while for all of us!
Please post your KI # so when I see you online I can help you!
I will meet you and go with you to your Minkata or Ercana or whichever and show you around...ok??

The greatest thing is that we can explore together if we want to!
What time zone are you in? I am EST and almost always on around 8:00 pm until.......

Let me know when is good for you...I would love to show you around...if you still want to quit after that at least you gave it one more try, ok?

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: UruKat] #165984
06/26/07 11:27 PM
06/26/07 11:27 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Gamenut, Nooooooooo!!! (I agree with UruKat - don't quit now!!) cry

You can have us link into your Relto just let us know when you'll be in the game, and we'll link from your Er'cana book on your bookshelf to help you - I haven't figured out this new age yet either, but I need help too...there's always someone from the Gameboomers' neighborhood online.

They're all really helpful and patient people (the usual suspects, like UruKat, Big John, borbaric, boron - just to name a few regulars who are on every night) - it's actually a lot of fun once you get your bearings in this place.

The great thing about MOUL is there's always something new every month - Luckily we have Dudemom and Becky who can keep us updated with the latest events that will be coming up.

Looking forward to seeing you!!
wave

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky] #165998
06/27/07 01:10 AM
06/27/07 01:10 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Gamenut, the problem might be that you are trying to "go it alone". One of the things I love about this game is that when I can't figure something out, I ask a friend to join me and help. It's so much more fun to explore that way. I just joined about a month ago and I am still learning a lot. In fact, I learned at least three new things tonight. So maybe give yourself a rest and then come back on the weekend when loads of us are on, ready to help out. smile

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Celtic Lark] #166145
06/27/07 10:10 AM
06/27/07 10:10 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Go it alone--not me! The puzzles are all easier with help--and for me, with the new ages, Help is required wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Celtic Lark] #166146
06/27/07 10:11 AM
06/27/07 10:11 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

For those who want to explore with others, again here are the Ki numbers for people who would like to help. If you aren't already in the GameBoomers' neighborhood, you can put these Ki numbers into your buddy list so that you know when these explorers are online at the same time that you are.

EDIT

BTW --

Click to reveal..
I've been reading the chat logs of the current events in the cavern. Does anybody else think the DRC are making a really big mistake by sending Sharper to Noloben? You want to investigate a possible war -- so you send the least disciplined person you've got? Puuleease.

And another question -- do you think the DRC has informed the surface authorities of the deaths in the cavern? Have they bothered to inform the surface authorities of a group of aliens at war that can link at will to the earth's surface (as far as I know anyway, having seen them running up the volcano to the cleft)?

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky] #166277
06/27/07 03:03 PM
06/27/07 03:03 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I've been away on personal business from Thursday to Monday, so yesterday was the first day I went online to MOUL. I figured by then things wouldn't be so hectic. When I finally logged on and went to my Relto, I got turned around somehow (easy for me, you know) and when I looked on my shelf only one book was there. I'm trying to figure out what happened since I was gone and it must be a real disaster of some kind! Then I moved my avatar and I suddenly spied my other shelf, yes, the one with all my linking books! What a relief that was, let me tell you!
One reason I signed up was so I could join up with others as I played the game, but at present I'm having a hard time doing this. It is harder to do than I thought it would be, at least for me. Like last week I was talking to someone and he was helping me with the caves ...

Click to reveal..
telling me about some light it was necessary to see and walk through, I think, before it turned to night. I thought I touched the stone he mentioned but nothing happened when I did so I left the cave and never did see any light or constellation or whatever

So he was going to go to a cave with me to help, but I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do. I clicked on the link to Minkata, thinking he would show up there too, but he never did. So I know I did something wrong for sure.
This is why I'm trying to learn as much as I can by myself first! This wasn't the first time I messed up when someone was trying to help. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings just because I'm the one making all the mistakes.

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: sierramindy] #166337
06/27/07 04:51 PM
06/27/07 04:51 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Sierramindy --

People can't follow you into your private Ages unless you send them an invitation to do so, or unless they come to your Relto and use your linking book to that Age.

Probably the easiest thing to do would have been to share your Relto book with your helper, and then at your Relto, have him use your Minkata book to get to your particular Minkata.

I've found the other gamers in MOUL to be amazingly understanding. Don't worry about making mistakes! We've all done that.

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky] #166356
06/27/07 05:18 PM
06/27/07 05:18 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I was afraid he might feel I just simply abandoned him because I didn't care for his help and just left him there willy-nilly. Which I did, of course, but didn't mean to. I felt terrible when he didn't show up, but there was a line about a hand to the right, which I couldn't find in Minkata, so I figured I had jumped the gun and moved too fast. I did try to get back but I couldn't find the way.

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: sierramindy] #166417
06/27/07 07:53 PM
06/27/07 07:53 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

lol No problem, sierramindy -- everybody knows that these things happen. If you told him that you were new to this, I'm sure he understood.

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Becky] #166419
06/27/07 07:56 PM
06/27/07 07:56 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Originally Posted By: Becky

People can't follow you into your private Ages unless you send them an invitation to do so, or unless they come to your Relto and use your linking book to that Age.

Hey, Becky - just a quick question -

Can I link into Big John's Er'cana without him having to link out and find me? Or do we need to go to a common area and have him share his Relto book? Last night everyone was in his Er'cana, but I didn't want to interrupt him and have him link out so I didn't ask.... Thanks!

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Renee] #166422
06/27/07 07:59 PM
06/27/07 07:59 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Renee -- if he sends you an invitation, then you can get to his Er'cana via the nexus -- it'll be in (I think) your private links in the nexus.

Otherwise, he has to share his Relto book to get you to his Er'Cana.

(If I'm wrong about this, somebody please provide better info. lol)

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Renee] #166434
06/27/07 08:38 PM
06/27/07 08:38 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: Renee
Originally Posted By: Becky

Hey, Becky - just a quick question -

Can I link into Big John's Er'cana without him having to link out and find me? Or do we need to go to a common area and have him share his Relto book? Last night everyone was in his Er'cana, but I didn't want to interrupt him and have him link out so I didn't ask.... Thanks!

Hey Renee!
You should have messaged us!
Boron, Borbaric and I were having fun in Big John's Ercana riding the train!! We would have loved to have you join us.
We can send a private invite to an age via the KI....no need to leave and meet someone, although, you can also do it that way also.
Never be afarid to ask...the more the merrier!

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: UruKat] #166449
06/27/07 09:33 PM
06/27/07 09:33 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Thanks, Becky and UruKat - I'll speak up next time!! thanks

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Renee] #166864
06/28/07 07:35 PM
06/28/07 07:35 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
With the help of UruKat thumbsup, finished Minkata tonight.

Thanks a million thanks Not an easy world to do.

Chief wave

Chief
Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief] #167007
06/29/07 07:44 AM
06/29/07 07:44 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
It was fun running around Minkata with Chief!! Those holes are tricky little suckers.
Now you have to work on Ercana......lots of fun stuff.
Holler if you need help, ok?

Also had fun last night with Borbaric, Big John and Nay (Renee)in our Ercanas.

Celtic Lark was able to get past her crashing point too...YAY! bravo

Re: Myst Online Uru Live: Episode 6 Releases June 23rd [Re: Chief] #167022
06/29/07 08:08 AM
06/29/07 08:08 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Originally Posted By: Chief
With the help of UruKat thumbsup, finished Minkata tonight.

Chief wave

Yea Chief bravo

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre), 233 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users