GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#175590 - 07/15/07 09:09 AM Where to find source of classic logic puzzles in adventure games?
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

In many adventure games, puzzles are rehashes or reinvents of many classic logic puzzles or board games.

is there a list of common logic or board games that i can look up? i can imagine to this of great use if i ever stuck in a game that has one of this as a mini game?

good examples are those in 7th Guest, 11th Hour etc...

#175614 - 07/15/07 09:46 AM Re: Where to find source of classic logic puzzles in adventure games? [Re: DaveHT]
Yankee Clipper Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lexington, Texas
Have you tried sokoban, it's critical thinking. Type in sokoban and scroll down to the billybearforkids site and this is probably closest to the original games. There are many copies of this game set to different enviroments. If you solve level 14 let me know how. Why can I get beyond that level but can't solve that one? Is puzzlement.

#175618 - 07/15/07 09:51 AM Re: Where to find source of classic logic puzzles in adventure games? [Re: Yankee Clipper]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

David,

I can't find the one that has a better list of types of adventure games puzzles. At least - check here or here and see if it gives you some types.

Also, there is this casual game - Azada that has a lot of the types of puzzles found in adventure games. You might like to try the demo.

Edited by MaG (07/15/07 09:58 AM)

#175619 - 07/15/07 09:51 AM Re: Where to find source of classic logic puzzles in adventure games? [Re: Yankee Clipper]
Butcher Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Larnaca, Cyprus
I just google them placing different key words which might find the puzzle. I remember a puzzle in Dead Reefs where we had to make a matchstick fish change direction. A search in google got me the answer. Haven't come across any site (haven't searched for it really) that may have a collection of such puzzles.

R.I.P Cliff Burton

#175626 - 07/15/07 10:10 AM Re: Where to find source of classic logic puzzles in adventure games? [Re: Butcher]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
David T, are you looking for the solutions or strategies to the common puzzles that you can reference? If so, it is best to find the name of the puzzle and then search for that name. I haven't seen a site that contains multiple puzzles but I have seen some that explain the strategies behind Hanoi Tower and others.

Look at that thread...
Puzzle names

Ana wave

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Space Quest Fan, Draclvr, Pokey, oldman, Marian, linda333, Sorta Blonde, Cathy1, rockingrjranch), 107 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kamoj, RebKean, gerald, wJake, Guimerius
8491 Registered Users