GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT. 8 #194815
08/28/07 10:32 AM
08/28/07 10:32 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

The next Myst Online: Uru Live (MOUL) Episode is scheduled for early September. It's titled "Deception," which of course gets the speculative wheels turning.

Here's the official information:

Quote:
“Deception” (beginning early September)

Despite the ongoing battles of the Bahro and the threat of the coming war, the DRC continues its efforts to introduce a new Guild system to the cavern. Toward that cause, new Guild pubs are introduced providing Guild members with new areas to congregate and socialize.

Meanwhile, Phil Henderson continues to spread information regarding the Bahro and their conflicts as a former DRC member returns to the cavern. What new information does he have to share and will it lead to salvation or destruction?

Be sure to join in now as this episode serves as a lead-in to the Myst Online: Uru Live Season Finale.

For screenshots from the Deception episode, click here. For the GameBoomers' review of previous MOUL episodes by Looney4labs, click here.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Becky] #194916
08/28/07 02:46 PM
08/28/07 02:46 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Ahhhh, so there will be a season finale.

Are we going to war? or not?

Thanks Becky wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: looney4labs] #194975
08/28/07 04:24 PM
08/28/07 04:24 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I wonder...will we ever have anymore of the ''Big'' Ages like those in CC....BUT not those in cc? I will be looking forward to next episode, but have to admit not very thrilled with Jalek...or Pods. I am saving Minkata..maybe until WINTER! I really have been enjoying MOUL...has been awful nice to have the help and was fun getting help w/the new Eders!..but i sure do miss having a nice big Age to explore(don't miss the jumping though!). My son and his friend joined last week and i got to join them online and that was great fun! They already had figured out how to share books and ages...and although they were new..they helped me by sharing info and showing me. It was a nice 'visit'. I am pretty much a 'shut-in' so i enjoyed being able to spend the time w/them...almost like a real physical visit! However, i know, once they finish the Uru prime they are going to want to have more and i don't think they'll stay on with what has been released so far (exception..Ercana..they have not played CC so Ercana and Ahnnonay(sp?) will be new to them)..
It is nice to chat with other 'boomers and friends when they're in MOUL-no doubt of that!-but what i really hoped for(for the $$'s) was more large NEW ages to explore. But..maybe we'll have some yet! ( i never did get to finish Ahnnonay in CC..just can't get to that tower..even got it out again last week and tried..whew..still can't jump out where i need to be to get to that tower island!!! grrrrr). If we do get Ahnonay it will be nice though to have help getting to that darn tower!!!hahaha.. I know has been a lot of hard work for CYAN and know money, labor, and time are always an issue..so i DO appreciate what they have done(except Jalek..pfuii)..just had hope after all this time (since CC)for some more large ages..AGES first, politics second!

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: gamenut] #195032
08/28/07 07:03 PM
08/28/07 07:03 PM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
I sincerely hope they will be working on new ages and new storyline for us in the coming season (I am so sure they will!!!!) Gamenut, it took me forever to get it but I was finally able to swim to that danged tower
Click to reveal..
Look for where the lines in the water go out to the horizon (90 degree angle to the tower) and it is just to the right of the "island" that appears to be left of the tower. look for the lines in the water going straight out. Then dive and keep swimming so your body is facing the vertical lines and you will find yourself right by the steps every time!

Last edited by Dudemom_2000; 08/28/07 07:03 PM.

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Dudemom_2000] #195141
08/29/07 04:54 AM
08/29/07 04:54 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I would just love a new Myst game in a box instead of online!

Gerry
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Kaki's Sister] #195434
08/29/07 04:22 PM
08/29/07 04:22 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Dudemom!!! Thanks for the spoiler!! I will try it...i swear that crab is laughing at me! Boy i sure hope Cyan will come out w/some new BIG ages!..Kaki...the one advantage to this being online is the help you can get ...(and, of course, the chat w/Boomers!)..i got to help my son and his roommate w/Eder Gira and Kemo and that was fun! And i have to say...having help w/that Bucket jump(teledahn) and Power room (gahreesen)made game much more enjoyable. Actually most of the first part is on cd/dvd...Myst,Uru: Complete Chronicles..includes: Teledahn, Gahreesen, Kadish, Eder Gira/Kemo, Bevin,City, E'rcana & Ahnonay(sp?)...no people, no Pods, no Minkata, no group Eders,nothing else added. I had this, and to tell the truth i like the online better insofar as being able to call on someone to help and if also feel in the mood to chat can do that as well!...BUT am disappointed a bit in online as no Big Ages. 'Course i am an exploring and puzzle nut...so would even like Ages bigger than the first ones! ahhaha....
Guys..i would still like to know how to help someone at the end of Gahreesen get to that door AND how someone can get help getting markers. We have a boomer who is having a real hard time w/those markers...i don't feel qualified to help her by myself.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: gamenut] #195631
08/30/07 04:49 AM
08/30/07 04:49 AM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
You are welcome, gamenut! I had to look at many a walkthrough to figure that out and it has been one of the solutions that has stuck in my head over the years - that one and how to jump to the rock in Eder Kemo to get the Relto page! I need to load up the games again and replay to refresh my memory - besides they are such good games I enjoy playing them over again.

For hints to the markers check out the Guild of Greeters site:
http://www.guildofgreeters.com/

or for the really big hint.....maps of all of the marker locations......
http://home.comcast.net/~mark_af/urumaps.html

Whenever you need help and there is no one online you know, stop in to the Guild of Greeters Hood and someone there will certainly help you - that is what they are for!

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Dudemom_2000] #195900
08/30/07 03:19 PM
08/30/07 03:19 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I have already gone to both of the above links and neither one can help me. I'm not asking for help because I have no idea where I found any of the markers that I did find. I just stumbled across them willy-nilly, never did know where I was was. I did have help finding some but again I have no idea where I was. I have several balconies in my link books, I think. In any case, my interest in finding the markers isn't very great any more. I think most of my curiosity about MOUL has already been satisfied. I was very curious how MMO games played but never wanted to go to the RPG ones. Although my interest in MOUL is going down, my interest in GameTap is going up as I'm checking out some of the other games since I still have 9 months to go. At present I'm lost in King's Quest 5: Abscence Makes the Heart Go Yonder world. I played it when it first came out so it is bringing back lots and lots of memories! One of which is that I didn't remember how easy it is to get killed in the game!

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: sierramindy] #196298
08/31/07 02:10 PM
08/31/07 02:10 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I am sure no expert at this game Sierramindy...but i will be more than glad to help you hunt those darn markers!

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: gamenut] #196345
08/31/07 04:38 PM
08/31/07 04:38 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Thanks a million, gamenut, but I am going to wait until after the mob scenes over Deception sneaking by are over. In the meantime my heart is going yonder with King Graham in KQ5.

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: sierramindy] #196675
09/01/07 08:43 AM
09/01/07 08:43 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

lol Sierramindy -- you can start each marker game from scratch if you want just by selecting it again in the marker game machine. It erases previous progress on that particular marker game, and then you can use the walkthrough or map to find each marker.

That's great that you're enjoying King Graham's company!

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Becky] #196721
09/01/07 09:31 AM
09/01/07 09:31 AM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
Thanks, Becky! I was going to add that too. When I first started the markers, I just checked them off the map as I found them and made notes on there as well as to where I was at and that way I learned my way around at the same time.

It will be frantic during episode week, but you can always go to your own city instance in your neighborhood (just click on the Bahro Stone in the book room) that will take you to an unoccupied city instance. Your markers will be there as well and you won't have crowds to contend with. Invite a few friends and you can have a marker hunting party!

I am gearing up for episode week. I will be Relaying as will Boomer Bob - he is one of our newest Relayers. He has done some practice runs and will do a great job episode week! One note on that...if you see us in our Relayer avies (mine is [Relayer]DMom_2000) and you have me on your buddy list please put me on ignore for the week. I am usually an "Action" Relayer and end up right at the action with the DRC and have to send my transmissions to the other Relayers for distribution to the subscription neighborhoods and subscription buddy list. If my Relayer avie is on your buddy list and you use that list to talk to your other buddies then I get that chat as well as the Age Player chat and it is really difficult to get what the DRC are saying and the questions being asked because the chat usually scrolls really fast and if you add the buddy list chat, well, you know.......lol...It makes it REALLY hard!

I will try to say hi if I see you in the city, but if I don't answer, I am either Relaying or setting up to get to a Relay. We stay pretty busy during episode week. It can be hard but it is a LOT of fun as well and the Relayers are a great group to work with!

Anyone interested in becoming a Relayer please sign up at www.relayercorps.org We are looking for people who can give us at least three days out of an episode week. Typing like lightning helps, we can teach you how to Link like a Bahro!

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Dudemom_2000] #197191
09/02/07 08:44 AM
09/02/07 08:44 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Interesting, Dudemom! I will choose to ignore you if I can. lol

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Becky] #197391
09/02/07 03:43 PM
09/02/07 03:43 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Dudemom! will try to remember you're 'working'..! thanks for all your hard work! P.s.....do we need to send you some Iced tea or Luna Bars, or cheeseburgers?! Hahhaaaa.....

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: gamenut] #197455
09/02/07 06:27 PM
09/02/07 06:27 PM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
Iced tea will be nice but I will need a straw so I can sip while I work, because I will probably type my fingers off this episode, I suspect! A corned beef sandwich from the neighbor deli also won't come amiss midweek!

If you want to put someone on ignore you can type /ignore KI# and I believe you can open your KI and click on a name and see ignore to the left with a little arrow. Just click on that arrow and it puts them on ignore...to take it off, just type /unignore KI# (My Relayer avie for next week KI # is 7069940)

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Dudemom_2000] #197463
09/02/07 07:00 PM
09/02/07 07:00 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
OK, refresh my memory DM...which is being eroded daily! blush
If we want to be "in" on the Relayers during the week ahead, do we go to the web page to sign up? Since we didn't get a lot of affirmative replies about signing up the GB hood, I guess we do it individually?

Looking forward to a big new age too, Gamenut, and wondering if that is going to be the grand finale. Hmm...

Always on Uru...

Kate (Katva)

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Dudemom_2000] #197631
09/03/07 07:56 AM
09/03/07 07:56 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Dudemom -- have they given the relayers any hints as to what will occur during Deception?

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Becky] #197690
09/03/07 09:33 AM
09/03/07 09:33 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hey guys, we were in the city last night, and some folks were chatting about a sting to catch those that were selling counterfeit linking books.

I assume that was part of the new story?

-Roger Caras
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: KateVa] #197731
09/03/07 10:29 AM
09/03/07 10:29 AM
Oklahoma
r_fike Offline
Settled Boomer
r_fike  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oklahoma
Hi Kateva:

I checked this link http://relayercorps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9
and did not find your request for a relayer for Gameboomers Bevin. Perhaps you should put your request here.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Becky] #197746
09/03/07 10:59 AM
09/03/07 10:59 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I don't remember anyone discussing or deciding either way whether or not the GB Bevin should have a relayer. I think it's a great idea. I am someone who likes to get in on the action if I can but if the lag is severe or we can't get in, a relayer would be nice to have.

Has anyone seen Kat lately? Ever since I got back from vacation a few weeks ago, I haven't seen her in the game or heard from her. She's usually so active both here and in the game. Kat, are you okay?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Celtic Lark] #197752
09/03/07 11:16 AM
09/03/07 11:16 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Kateva posted yesterday here--it's at the top of this page wave

Or is that not who you were asking about crazy

Last edited by looney4labs; 09/03/07 11:16 AM.

-Roger Caras
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Celtic Lark] #197758
09/03/07 11:20 AM
09/03/07 11:20 AM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Originally Posted By: Celtic Lark

Has anyone seen Kat lately? Ever since I got back from vacation a few weeks ago, I haven't seen her in the game or heard from her. She's usually so active both here and in the game. Kat, are you okay?

I've been wondering the same thing, Celtic Lark....she's usually at the Karoke parties, but has been MIA for the last 2-3 weeks....hope she's okay...(I'll send her a PM). Today's a big party in the city - I'm on my way there now....(shoutcast url = http://89.106.68.121:8000/listen.pls)

devilchili

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Renee] #197800
09/03/07 01:18 PM
09/03/07 01:18 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Looney-believe she was looking for Urukat wink

Bob-I asked in an earlier thread about whether we should ask for a relayer for our hood. Becky was the only one at that time who replied.

Since Thursday will be the start of the downloading,(check out the Coming Soon page) I would love to ask for a relayer!! Maybe we can consider three people a quorum? grin

Kate (Katva)

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: KateVa] #197922
09/03/07 05:43 PM
09/03/07 05:43 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

BTW -- if ANYONE gets to sit in on a Phil Henderson (I believe that "phend" is his current avatar name) group event, would you please ask him if he's the Seeker mentioned in Words by the Watcher?

Oh, and it would be very interesting to find out from him why the people in Releeshan have been so shy about returning to the Cavern now that the place is so full of life. Have they been avoiding us for some reason?

EDIT: Added date that Deception starts to the thread title.

Last edited by Becky; 09/03/07 06:44 PM. Reason: Updating thread title.
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September [Re: Renee] #198021
09/04/07 03:23 AM
09/04/07 03:23 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
I knew I should have signed onto the game today. I was so busy this morning and then a friend called to say that she had her baby two weeks early and I went off to the hospital to visit her.

Renee, let me know if you hear from Kat. I PMed her about two weeks ago and still have no response. Maybe I'll send a message to her regular email.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 227 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users