GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Perry Rhodan information? #198393
09/05/07 03:09 AM
09/05/07 03:09 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Hi everybody!
I just finished watching all the new trailers that Carla (thanks!) posted.... Some of them are truely remarkable!
However, I think the trailer that I've found most intruiging is the Perry Rhodan one - a game of which I've never heard of yet.
I tried to look for information about this game, but could find nothing. for example: screenshots, story line, previes, release date, etc....

Does it exist?
Thank you!
Tomer.

There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.
Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: Tomer] #198395
09/05/07 03:22 AM
09/05/07 03:22 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yes, it does exist, but so far only German previews have been written (I'm writing one too, but that'll be in Dutch so of no use for you either).

If you can read German, or just want to stare at some screenshots, go here for example --> http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/vorschau.php?id=90

The game's website is here --> http://www.perry-rhodan-game.com/

Last edited by PolloDiablo; 09/05/07 03:26 AM.

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #198402
09/05/07 04:14 AM
09/05/07 04:14 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Wait, will the game be in German?

(and thanks for replying!)

p.s. Why not write a preview in English as well? smile

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: Tomer] #198403
09/05/07 04:47 AM
09/05/07 04:47 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

The game will be released in German first, because the Perry Rhodan fanbase in Germany is huge. Also the publisher is German. But an international release will follow, no date known unfortunately.

The preview I'm writing is for a Dutch website, and I have dozens more to write. I can translate it to English if you want, but only after all other previews are finished. smile

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #198415
09/05/07 06:31 AM
09/05/07 06:31 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Ah well smile
And when is the German edition released?

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: Tomer] #198419
09/05/07 06:45 AM
09/05/07 06:45 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

It's currently scheduled for "this fall".

The presentation at the Games Convention can be viewed here --> http://live.deepsilver.com/2007/deep-silver-tv/

it's in German, but you can see the game in action.

(if you get a messages saying "Zur Zeit sind alle 200 Downloadslots belegt. Bitte versuche es in ein paar Minuten nochmal." that means all downloadslots are occupied and could you please try again later).

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #198441
09/05/07 07:41 AM
09/05/07 07:41 AM
Tel Aviv, Israel.
T
Tomer Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Tomer  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Tel Aviv, Israel.
Thank you very much!
It looks really good!

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: Tomer] #205671
09/22/07 05:53 AM
09/22/07 05:53 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

As promised, my translated preview. smile

Perry Rhodan is a famous name in the sci-fi world - especially so in Germany where (since 1961) every week a new story is released. These so-called magazine-books (not sure of English word) have 64 pages each and they're up to number 2405 now! There are also audio-books, boardgames and a couple of strategy-computer games for the large group of fans. Perry Rhodan has some international fame, too.

Perry Rhodan was born in the United States in a family of German immigrant-descent. When he is nine, the superintelligent being ES contacts him. Although the creature wipes his memory, Perry has an irresistable longing for the stars from that day onwards. This results, amongst others, to Perry quitting his education for becoming a pilot at the US Air Force and switching to US Space Force in stead. He is the first pilot to fly around the moon, and together with the crew of the Stardust he is the first man on the moon on June 14, 1971. There he finds the remains of a crashed space ship, belonging to the Arkonides. With the technology on board that ship he succeeds in making true space travel possible.

He has also found a way to survive for centuries without ageing. The game will take place in 4934 (or 1346 in the New Galactic Time). Perry suddenly awakes when there is a loud explosion. When he invsetigates, he discovers his girlfriend Mondra Diamond has been kidnapped by battle robots. In her office he finds some notes about the alien race Illochim. Do they have anything to do with her disappearance? And does that in turn have any connections with the explosion?

To ensure the game fits into the existing world of Perry Rhodan seamlessly, some of the writers of the magazinebooks have been asked to write the story for the game. It is not necessary to know anything about Perry Rhodan to understand the game, but for those who do lots of trivia have been added. For instance if you order a drink at the bar all the choices are drinks that have been mentioned in the books.

The developers use all kinds of modern techniques to ensure the graphics are better than anything you have seen in adventures so far. There's a lot of movement on the screen - aliens walk around, robots whizz by, space ships fly around behind the windows, doors open and close if someone walks through. Light and shadow effects are impressive and characters talk lip synchronized.

Walking around and interacting is easy. When you open the inventory at the bottom of the screen you will see a row of icons. These represent not only the items you carry, but also portraits of the people you have met or want to know about. These icons can be dragged to anyone you want to talk to - all the NPC's can be talked to, even if they may not have anything relevant to the case to tell you. They also each have their own life and tasks and will not be frozen in place waiting for you to come talk to them. The game has many optional actions so that you will always have something to do, but not everything is necessary to complete the game. This ensures the game doesn't feel very linear.

A nice feature is showing a small image of the room beyond a door when you hover the mouse over it. This simplifies navigation through large complicated locations.

The game will have a lot of reading material. A lot of it serves as background story for those who are not familiar with Perry Rhodan yet. You can skip it if you are not interested. The manual will also contain a summary of the 'Perryversum'.

In total the game contains five large chapters, each in their own location. The developers estimate the game will take 25 to 30 hours to finish. There is no release date yet.

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #205736
09/22/07 09:34 AM
09/22/07 09:34 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Pollo -- wow! A wonderful preview.

The game sounds fascinating. thumbsup I hope there will be an English language version at some point!

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: Becky] #205766
09/22/07 10:42 AM
09/22/07 10:42 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oh yes, there will be, for certain. smile It's just not clear when, yet.

Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #205785
09/22/07 11:22 AM
09/22/07 11:22 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks Pollo, a delightful preview!

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: nickie] #205891
09/22/07 03:36 PM
09/22/07 03:36 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
WoW !!!!

Nice screenshots...Looks promising

Thanks PolloDiablo

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Perry Rhodan information? [Re: PolloDiablo] #205959
09/22/07 06:03 PM
09/22/07 06:03 PM
Scotland
Mr 2 u Offline
Settled Boomer
Mr 2 u  Offline
Settled Boomer

Scotland
This game really sounds right up my alley, those screenshots are stunning.

Adventure Games Forever
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BrownEyedTigre), 207 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users