GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #200877
09/10/07 12:50 PM
09/10/07 12:50 PM
Arkansas
boshettee Offline
Shy Boomer
boshettee  Offline
Shy Boomer

Arkansas
BTW....a new "sparkie" is available.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: boshettee] #201097
09/10/07 09:54 PM
09/10/07 09:54 PM
Washington
Kos Volan Offline
Junior Boomer
Kos Volan  Offline
Junior Boomer

Washington
Finally, 10 days deep before a new sparkly. Whew!

"I will show you Fear in a handful of dust..."

KI #07195455
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Kos Volan] #201244
09/11/07 08:43 AM
09/11/07 08:43 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Has everybody seen gelf56's 1:00 AM post and log at Uru Obsession? (Logged by D'Ja Vu & J'on)

In my continuing obsession with Words by the Watcher, I thought I'd post excerpts from Words, first any mention that the Watcher made of color or colors (because of what seems to be going through Phil's mind at the moment). And next, any mention of deception, because of the Episode's title.

Colors

"Black turns to green.
Red and yellow fruits emerge.
And he laughs at the worm,
And soon there are many.

One wears color and holds paper.

But a storm approaches, and a new river flows.
Its waters of deep red stain the land.

A river of blood flows from the surface."

Deception

"They rejoice at a spark,
Though they never see the fire.
They rejoice at a star,
Though they never see the sun.
They honor magicians,
And never know of true power.
They bow to liars,
Because truth cannot wait.

All of them look over you.
And they do not see the right path.

The action of the deceived is toiling in vain.

Roll the stone to know the deceiver.

But do not be deceived.
Few ears in the low places will know the grower.
But many ears will hear those who claim to be the grower.
Only the ears of the new ones will hear the true grower.
Do not be deceived.

The grower leads in the dark,
While the deceiver flails in the light.
The grower raises truth in the absence of eyes,
While the deceiver blesses them in clear view of many.

Eyes are removed,
Yet sight is restored.

Through the minds of imposters
Comes new life.

Do my wishes deceive me?
I have never seen like this before.

There can be not deception
With such dreams that outweigh my own.

A new river flowers through the land;
Its paths are chosen wisely.
The waters have lived through many dry lands
And are not longer deceived by imaginary images."

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #201273
09/11/07 09:27 AM
09/11/07 09:27 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
I have a confession to make. I have never followed the "story" closely because I play more for the puzzles. I am suddenly riveted this time by the plot. Last night, when Engleberg reappeared, I was disappointed. Said to Big John in the hood "I thought that Dr Watson would be the one returning". And then (of course, after I had left for the night) who should reappear in the game!

I, too, have been rereading the books in the Watcher's Sanctuary (which somehow became a pub grin) and trying to match up the ideas with Phil's (Phend) arcane ramblings. So, the stone reference struck me as well as the colors'.

Roll the stone to know the deceiver.

Is not Phil pointing out stones? Now Sharper...

Sorry but I have to rush back to the game now to see if I am missing something. Last thought here, again a HUGE thanks to the Relayers for keeping us in touch when we can't be in the right place! bravo

Kate (Katva)

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: KateVa] #201987
09/12/07 09:16 PM
09/12/07 09:16 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
I wish they had put one of those Nexus link stands in each one of the pubs....wonder why they didn't?

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #202044
09/13/07 01:31 AM
09/13/07 01:31 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Time to get out your parkas! It's snowing in Delin!! Think it will last until the weekend and we can have a snowball fight? yay

I am going crazy trying to figure out how to get to...

Click to reveal..
...Phil's relto. Two people have started to explain it to me but we haven't had time to complete it. I checked out some of the URU forums but I don't see instructions yet.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Celtic Lark] #202128
09/13/07 09:00 AM
09/13/07 09:00 AM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
It's snowing in Delin? eek happydance - Thanks, Celtic Lark - I'll have to head over there tonight!

BTW, do we have the Delin book in our Gameboomer's bevin yet? I haven't checked it lately.

About the above spoiler:
Click to reveal..
Phil's relto book is available only if you can figure out some levers and plates in "T"...hint hint, wink wink!!

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Renee] #202214
09/13/07 12:51 PM
09/13/07 12:51 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
well, i did the things in T..and dont have that extra Relto book.....even looked at the single player game and went around the back way ...to check the ledge and nothing there...

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: gamenut] #202225
09/13/07 01:12 PM
09/13/07 01:12 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I've been visiting the guild pubs -- I like the colors. I have been thinking about the weird way I gain entrance to those pubs.

The DRC seems to have rigged the nexus so it responds to what's in my closet. This means they KNOW what's in my closet. And I thought I was alone in there, changing my clothes and the shape of my figure!

Does anyone else find this a bit creepy? lol

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #202236
09/13/07 01:34 PM
09/13/07 01:34 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
Becky, ewwww! That's creepy.... lol I hope they're not keeping track of how many times I change my hairstyle!

Gamenut -
Click to reveal..
in the single player game, the shelf never opened for me...but in this online version, if you reset the levers and kick off the rocks, something happens!! happydance

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Renee] #202273
09/13/07 04:34 PM
09/13/07 04:34 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I just realized that the symbols on the walls of the guild pubs match the purpose of the guild. Now I'll have to go back to the pubs I first visited and look more closely at the walls. More time spent in the closet. grin

One of the cartographers at the Cartographer's Guild pointed out that they have a map of D'ni on their floor like the one in the Great Zero. A nice touch.

A question -- there's a Bahro cave in the cleft. The door has been apparently destroyed (?) but I can still hear flappings and Bahro screechings. Um, why can't they leave? And why can't I see them?

BTW -- I've decided that the egg in the egg room is not an egg. Okay, it's not a pistachio nut like I originally thought either.

It's a seed. The podium things under the windows show a picture of the Great Tree.

I think.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #202335
09/13/07 07:07 PM
09/13/07 07:07 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
Yes....i am getting the ''Big Brother is Watching '' feeling feeling w/the shirts ! whew...time consuming visting all the pubs...don't know why no nexus link in them!!! would have saved some time!...seems like i remember something about the Egg being a Seed from something i read waaaaayyyy back...i could not figure that out either....But then there is a lot about this game and D'ni i haven't figured out...ahhahaa! OH...one thing is: lots of times people say they don't ''see'' me online!..says i am offline...(and i am not).does anyone know what causes that?? I tried to put in a ticket, but had forgotten my password, did ask for it to be sent (2x) AND STILL after a month have not heard a thing back....also: what keys are hit when it says: on surface be right back?....that happens to several people i know and they don't know what causes that...they also have sent in tickets and gotten no response...

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: gamenut] #202347
09/13/07 07:29 PM
09/13/07 07:29 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I see the "on the surface be right back" thing occasionally too, and I just ignore it. IT doesn't seem to affect anything. I thought maybe I was typing in responses too quickly.

The Kis seem to be a bit finicky lately -- sometimes people aren't listed in my "neighbor" list on the left, while if I open the Ki they ARE in the neighbor list and are online.

I'm wondering if the locations with a nexus link will become important at some point. Will we be linking from location to location via the nexus in order to get something to happen?

Speaking of which -- does anybody remember the numbers in the pods?

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #202359
09/13/07 08:00 PM
09/13/07 08:00 PM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
i think i wrote down pod #'s...(at least i hope it did)...by the way....i noticed in one of the pubs...cannot remember which one...don't think cartographer's...there is a picture of Teledahn AND in the upper right corner are 3 D'ni numbers....i believe they are 3, 1, 8. (i think).....wonder what THAT is about?! AHEM...also people!!!>>>>drum roll......me, the 'wuss, and supreme klutz, Somehow managed to get a 'sparklie. The thing is ..it is for last month (Jalek), and just noticed it the other day!!! hahahaaa...noticed it looking out the window of my relto! No telling how long it had been there. didn't know what it was..had not gotten one before! Ta-da! hahaha...usually they are gone by the time i ever see or hear of one! Renee, i am going to go back to the ledge area....guess have to go into that area a bit more? Also...saw where there might be a tie-dye tee shirt in the front cargo area, but don't have one. Are they still available?

Last edited by gamenut; 09/13/07 08:03 PM. Reason: because i can't remember too many things at once..hurts my brain! ahha
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Renee] #202411
09/13/07 10:59 PM
09/13/07 10:59 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer
Celtic Lark  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Renee. I was in the right place and playing with the right things but I couldn't get the right combination. LOL How's that for cryptic?? lol

Becky - Yes, I think it's a little creepy that they know what's in our closet. Makes me feel like someone with a clipboard came through my Relto when I wasn't "home" and rifled through my unmentionables! And about the egg/seed - was it you I was with when I mentioned that I thought the reflections on the wall inside the egg/seed room seemed to be stronger or bluer? Maybe there is water somewhere down there?

Gamenut - Everyone is having KI issues since Jalak opened. I have one friend in particular with whom I have the problem you described - for a long time I wouldn't see him on my KI. That seems to be fixed but now he's not seeing me on his KI. We've discovered that if we meet up in a common area and the "missing" person links out and back in in our presence, the problem is fixed. Weird, huh?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

URU KI #03564317
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Celtic Lark] #202484
09/14/07 07:19 AM
09/14/07 07:19 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
"On the surface" appears when you are linking from point A to point B (and possibly when you are afk though I am not sure about that one). It's handy to know that someone you are trying to contact can't see your message yet. smile

Yes, the Ki seems to need new batteries. I find that if someone doesn't show on my (neighbors or age players) list, then linking out and back can fix that.

The seed - great call Becky! And it is even blue, Phil's favorite color. Hmm...Pod numbers...I wrote them down somewhere grin and remember checking the map in the museum against the numbers. Wonder where I put them?

Gamenut-sounds like someone posted a Ki photo from Sharper's office. Go back up there and try taking a Ki pic,...and if you ever figure out what the 314 (I think that was the number?) is, please tell us!! There is also a place in the hood where a ki photo does interesting things. heheh

Has anyone played any of the players' marker missions? I am having a lot of fun with those right now. Keeps my head from hurting about Phil's ramblings. Rumour has it that Becky made one....

Kate (Katva #969932)

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: KateVa] #202493
09/14/07 07:43 AM
09/14/07 07:43 AM
Arkansas
boshettee Offline
Shy Boomer
boshettee  Offline
Shy Boomer

Arkansas
More goodies have been found!! Look closely and find a new Relto addition. To find it, think of birds.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: boshettee] #202509
09/14/07 08:42 AM
09/14/07 08:42 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Celtic -- yes, I've been spending a lot more time in the Seed Room laugh since you pointed out the increased activity of the reflections and maybe even the "soup" in there. You can see down a bit further into the soup if you jump and then look down in first person. I tried to get a cone in there to stand on for a better look, but I'm terrible with cones and I couldn't get it through the door.

Kate -- I've now made 2 marker missions. The second one I'm calling "The Watcher's Pub Roundup." Like the first mission in the hood, it's more about setting off as many markers as possible than it is about finding them. Let's just say that I've redecorated the Watcher's Pub, and it's now full of little glowing things.

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #202598
09/14/07 11:26 AM
09/14/07 11:26 AM
Manchester U.K.
lor Offline
Settled Boomer
lor  Offline
Settled Boomer

Manchester U.K.
Yes Kate,

I'm having fun doing Leaping Leprechauns in Ercana, don't know about a leprechaun , mountain goat springs to mind.

Anyways to get in the hole Kate no need to jump, find the ledge at the right height and you run right into it and then you can jump right into the tallest flower.

Becky can you please send me the two games you made, thanks, lor

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: lor] #202685
09/14/07 03:43 PM
09/14/07 03:43 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Lor -- will do the next time I get in. Warning -- they are VERY easy, mostly the pleasure of walking/running/leaping through the markers. I picture them as "something to do while waiting for a game character to show up in a hood or the Watcher's Pub."

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #203582
09/16/07 05:59 PM
09/16/07 05:59 PM
West Seattle, WA
ces Offline
Settled Boomer
ces  Offline
Settled Boomer

West Seattle, WA
The pod numbers are:

Dereno - 25
Payiferen - 18
Negilahn - 18

Can't find Tetsonot's! :-(

hey Becky, it was great fun talking with you the other night! :-)

Christine
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: ces] #203602
09/16/07 06:59 PM
09/16/07 06:59 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

That was fun ces! grin

Maybe it's too dark in Tetsonot to see the number. Thanks for those.

Does anyone know which hoods have Rustee's stained glass window in it? I'd love to see it.

Our hood has passed the 9 million pellet mark! There's a celebratory picture on the imager in the hood, showing Soot cheering, Katva looking lovely and happy, and me accidentally elbowing Dudemom 2000. (Sorry Dudemom.)

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #203876
09/17/07 06:07 PM
09/17/07 06:07 PM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
lol, you didn't elbow me....I was standing just behind you!

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'
Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Dudemom_2000] #204014
09/18/07 07:33 AM
09/18/07 07:33 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Um, have you looked closely at the pic? kissy grin

Re: Myst Online: Uru Live -- "Deception" Episode Sneaks into September -- STARTS SEPT. 6 -- NO, SEPT [Re: Becky] #204043
09/18/07 09:01 AM
09/18/07 09:01 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Amber Horizons and Uru Obesession both have Rustee's beautiful stained glass. Be sure to congratulate him when you see him online bravo

>Katva looks at her face in the mirror.< Lovely?? blush I see a LOT of wrinkles...heheh...and yes, sure looked to me like you were punching out poor DudeMom.

Kate (aka Katva)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 306 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users