GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#204789 - 09/19/07 09:57 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: niteowl07]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
So jackets are buckled, not tied, interesting. Does make things harder. Are the buckles plain like on belts, or do they have locks like handcuffs and need a key?
Methinks by the time Gordon24 is dragged through the water and then unbuckled from the jacket he may have lost his sense of humor. Hope not.

#205075 - 09/20/07 05:11 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy]
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer

Alas my wife cannot help me. She has now given up all hope and abandoned me forever to the world of intrepid adventure. I seem to be alone in this building.

I have had a good look around the room since we last talked (typed?), while I can still see past my keyboard induced, ever-swelling , throbbing nose.

I am in a dilapidated kitchen. It contains several cupboards and drawers, a sink with a dripping tap, and a functioning freezer cabinet. I've tried opening things with my teeth, but I am weak through lack of food, my teeth are tired with typing, and my nose gets in the way.

There is a festering waste bin a in a dark corner from which issues a rustling sound at times, and once I am sure I have seen the reflection in a pair of beady eyes staring at me.

One of the work surfaces has the remnants of some spilled fruit preserve on it which is beginning to go rancid so I'll pass on this to salve my hunger.

I metaphorically "click" on the preserve.

CUT TO VIDEO SEQUENCE (How did I do that? This is for real!)

I shuffle to the bench and manage, using deft acrobatic skills, to rub the preserve onto the buckles and straps behind my back securing the jacket. (So that's why I cut to video, I could never have done that in real life) I move over to the corner by the waste bin and kneel with my back towards it.

A large rat issues from the bin and in his eagerness to eat the preserve (do rats have a sweet tooth?) chews through the straps.

BACK TO REAL ACTION

Ha ha! I wriggle free of the jacket at last and run to the door. All together now the next two words are ----.

It's locked!

Where next? What next? How? Does anybody care?

To be continued? Depends on the thickness of the thread ( if you know what I mean )

Cheers
Gordon24

#205130 - 09/20/07 06:59 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I can easily think of 2 meanings for "thickness of the thread" and I'm afraid to ask which one you could mean! Oh well, first of all, now that your hands are free, you will need to get something to eat so I hope there is something there in one of the cupboards. (The "Breakfast of Champions" cereal would be good.) With the dripping tap you will be able to get water anyway (now that you emptied both buckets) and that's important because one can live longer without food than without water. (And after dry cereal you might want some water!) About that locked door, maybe after becoming a champion you might break it down? Use a fork to pick the lock?

#205135 - 09/20/07 07:26 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: MaG]
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan, USA
Soon you may start to hear amysterious voice that says "I can't use that now" crazy

#205506 - 09/21/07 05:36 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: ramona]
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer

This thread is now getting mightily thin.
Maybe its time to be thinking of packing it in.
Just the odd person is now adding to it.
I'm beginning to wonder just why I still do it.

If you want to find out how I go on and win you
should say so below and then I'll continue. (How's that for a rhyme!)
If you don't then I'll stop as your wishes I'm heeding.
Then its end of the line folks, and thank you for reading.

Cheers
Gordon24

#205515 - 09/21/07 05:53 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24]
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Oh Gordon you are a scream! Did you lock the wife up? Poor lass that she is......stuck with a man addicted to games.
Not even going to try to make a rhyme, we're busy doing homework here and I'm too tired to make the time.
See you on the boards.

Sue

#205537 - 09/21/07 07:11 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Welcome to Boomers, Gordon the brave,
As to your troubles - go back to a save.
But if you persist on attacking the door,
Please think of something new and more,
Than the sheet underneath or the rat chilled to key,
In return, your welcome will hearty be. welcome

#205581 - 09/21/07 09:31 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: nickie]
Midge Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Welcome Gordon. I enjoyed the whole thread. Come to the diner when you get a chance and say howdy to everyone. Joe makes the best coffee.

Midgie wave

#205772 - 09/22/07 10:57 AM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: Midge]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

I've been seeing this thread as a truly "interactive" text adventure game. However, it turns out there is one big flaw in that notion: Not too many are interested in interacting, are they? So be it.

#205788 - 09/22/07 11:26 AM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy]
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: G.H. WA
I just now took some time to read this long thread.

Welcome Gordon!

What a fun adventure. I would like to find out how it ends.

So you're at the locked door with no way out. Could we review your inventory? Is there anything else in the room that can be picked up?

I'm with you sierramindy, this is great.

#205854 - 09/22/07 02:20 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: zookeeper]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi zookeeper,
Yeah, I would like to know more about the room and anything else that Gordon can come up with!

#205943 - 09/22/07 05:34 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy]
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer

Ooooh Kaaay! It seems there's a little life left here yet.

Sierramindys got it just right, that's where I intended it to go after the good response to the initial e-mail. This is supposed to be an adventurers forum after all!

Recap for new passengers.

Backpack contains: Two empty buckets (Thanks SM!), oil lamp, matches, three rocks, 20 foot ladder, several exotic plants (now wilting somewhat), a metal lever and a spade. The stick has now mysteriously disappeared as all good, used items do.

Lets explore. I examine the door, but cannot see much.
I use the matches with the lamp, and the lit lamp with the door. I can see a key in the other side of the lock (Isn't there always?) How to get it?

I find an apron on a hook by the door. I "click" on this and begin wearing it.

I check out the freezer - Cold, but empty.
I check the first drawer - It's empty
I check the second drawer - It's empty
This is just wasting time!

I check all the drawers and cupboards, and find: Two empty cereal boxes with teeth marks on them - "Breakfast of Champions" (that rat will eat anything. It even has a Government health warning on it!) and "Shredded Wit" (something I could do with now)

Possibly of more use is: a kitchen knife, a ball of twine, an electrical extension cord, a large plastic bag, a half empty container of cooking oil, and a cook book with nice large pages. (Hint I think! Don't be disappointed yet Nickie!)

There is also a 14 pound sack of rotting potatoes which I also put in my pack. (No use whatsoever to my quest, but you can never carry enough ballast in your backpack!)

I see my reflection in the steel door of the freezer and decide that with the frilly apron on I do not look in any way butch enough to be a fearless adventurer, so I take it off again and consign it to the rats bin where it thankfully does the decent thing and disappears.

Back to the door. Nothing I have will go into the keyhole as its too narrow, except for the twine. However this is too flexible to dislodge the key.

Time for us all to think!

All advice welcome - All contributions gratefully accepted - All aboard - All together now - All's well that ends well - and any other All's you can think of.

Cheers
Gordon24

)

#206006 - 09/22/07 08:39 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

If the locked room is in an old house, there might be a transom above the door. Use that trusty ladder that intrepid adventurers all seem to have in inventory, climb to the transom, push or pull to open it. If it has a lock it will be on the inside, like on windows, so easy to open. Climb out the opening and use the sack of rotten potatoes to cushion your fall. Happy landing!
However, the chances are that I'm just wishful thinking about that transom, which means I haven't been much help, doesn't it, but no one can say I didn't try!

#206036 - 09/22/07 10:55 PM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy]
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: G.H. WA
Can you whittle something with the kitchen knife out of a potato to push the key out of the lock. And slip a page from the cookbook under the door for the key to land on. Then pull the page with the key back under the door to your side. Use the key to open the door....FREEDOM!

#206105 - 09/23/07 05:33 AM Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: zookeeper]
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer

Great stuff! Now we're starting to cook. (No not the potatoes!)

Sorry sierramindy but no transom, but keep the ladder in mind!

As far as the potatoes are concerned they are too rotten and soft to be whittled into anything. They don't smell too great either!

I take a page from the cookbook and try to slide it under the door, but the floor is too wet with all the spilled water. I need some way to get the floor dry.

I'm also becoming dizzy through lack of sustainance.

Hint -- Maybe I can solve two problems at once.

Keep on working on it.

Cheers
Gordon24

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users