GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: Darleen03] #208713
09/29/07 01:00 PM
09/29/07 01:00 PM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Finally found some time to play this demo. It's nice and long. Liked the graphics a lot, acting is mostly very well-done and I agree there should be more hotspots. There's so many things I would like to know more about, even it if was just a small remark like "this is a sculpture depicting St. George" or "a traditional local delicacy called langos" or something similar.
Would definitely buy this game. smile

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: PolloDiablo] #208774
09/29/07 04:39 PM
09/29/07 04:39 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I have now finished the demo - with great help from the tread in the hints forum about this. I tried to figure out how to decipher the code by myself, but couldn't. So thank you very much for this smile whoever translated the eastern code.

As I said in my first comment about this game, this is one I'm getting. Just need a job first, though wink --- but I'll be getting it.

I don't mind if the game is offered as download, but I think I'll be prefer being able to order a real tangible touchable physical disk, too.

I was sort of sad frown to see the demo end frown - I wanted to find out more smile

/Karsten

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: Renee] #210380
10/03/07 11:03 AM
10/03/07 11:03 AM
P
PMSdev Offline
Junior Boomer
PMSdev  Offline
Junior Boomer
P

Fellow adventurers,

Thanks for all your input, opinions, critics and votes concerning Yomurjak's Ring. I would also thank for Becky and Gameboomers for the opportunity, it was really useful. Some more exclusive stuff is on the way, so stay tuned on the forum smile

We did not want to influence the comments and the votes with any explications thus far, but as most of you already formed an option, we feel it's time to collect all your ideas, and also give you a background about the current state of the game, and how we plan to move forward with the full release.

Thanks for all the opinions going for the subtitle version - in fact, we have votes from more gamers who would enjoy the subititles, than votes for dubbing. As the video and audio cannot be separated technically in the game, we will only have a single audio version of the game, so no option for choosing game audio... But as an important number of votes suggested that for the game to be fully enjoyable, the English language audio is necessary, we will start organising the possibilities to create the full audio localisation of the game. We will certainly need a publisher partner's help with that, as this is a huge venture: the game is pretty long - some of you noted that the demo was also long, but the full game is much bigger, with more than 25 hours of average playtime, increasingly challenging puzzles, non-linear actions and also some nice twists in the storyline.

I think it was very important to get feedback on the translation of the game - we will need to work on making the dialogues more "American" for our hero. Basically, we wanted to create a character who is a bit "out of his time" even without actual time travel involved (whoops, spoiler alert), so Jonathan is quite an old school guy in the Hungarian original version as well. As it seems that we cannot really play that duality we could do with the Hungarian dubbing (every character was speaking a more recent Hungarian than our hero, who learned the Hungarian language from his mother living in the US in the story). It does not really work in English, so we will make our main character more "up-to-date" in his dialogues.

The speed of the subtitles was also raised in several posts. Unfortunately, the text speed and quantity is "determined" by the audio, and there is a lot going on in the game dialogues - and for this to work, the subtitles need to be synchronised to the spoken text. That being said, we will take care when translating the dialoges, that without loosing the style and the information, as compact translations would be created as possible, to make it easier to follow the story. These small details are very important to us, as we are used to quick subtitles here. A lot of movies are shown as subtitled only in Hungary, so it was never an issue to consider before - it might be less usual for someone in the US, though.

As for more drastic changes in the game, for example regarding the panorama navigation, there is not much we can do, as the game is a "finished" product from the point of view of the technology used, as it was released in Hungary already (although you can adjust the rotating speed in the settings menu). As there are more FMV projects about to start, we will take the ideas in consideration when creating these, in the meantime trying to polish the technology for working with real action video and photos to make the two different source materials (also a 3rd one, the puzzles) work as seamlessly as possible.

Thanks again for all participants, and I hope we will have some news shortly on the game, and also some other Private Moon projects smile

Pierrot
Private Moon Studios

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: PMSdev] #210392
10/03/07 11:19 AM
10/03/07 11:19 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Pierrot,

Thank you for the update and explanation of what is happening. It is much appreciated that you are listening to the gamers and are incorporating feasible solutions for the present and the future games.

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: MaG] #210394
10/03/07 11:24 AM
10/03/07 11:24 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thank you for the update Pierott, I can only imagine the amount of work that must go into even what we consider a small change. I hope the game is a great succes.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #210404
10/03/07 11:58 AM
10/03/07 11:58 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Pierrot --

I enjoyed this very much! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to play the demo and voice our opinions, and for all the info you just provided about how you hope to localize the game. thumbsup

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: Becky] #210797
10/04/07 08:07 AM
10/04/07 08:07 AM
P
Preston C. Offline
Shy Boomer
Preston C.  Offline
Shy Boomer
P

Pierrot, I do not know if this has been said but you could use actors that are Hungarian that speak English. Then it would give it a better feel, I think, because there would be a Hungarian accent.

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: Preston C.] #216822
10/16/07 04:38 PM
10/16/07 04:38 PM
V
Veggiechiliqueen Offline
Shy Boomer
Veggiechiliqueen  Offline
Shy Boomer
V

I just found this thread this week, although I've been following the release of Yoomurjak's Ring with much interest, so much so that I downloaded the Hungarian demo several months ago before subtitles were available. Needless to say, since I don't speak Hungarian, I didn't get far!

I'm thrilled at the prospect of an English-language localized release. I watch many subtitled films and didn't have any problems keeping up with the demo subtitles, although I found numerous instances where no translations were provided (clicking on certain objects would elicit a Hungarian response).

I've noticed many comparisons to A Quiet Weekend in Capri on this thread. Although I've only played the demo for AQWIC, comparing it to Yoomurjak seems a bit unfair; Private Moon clearly has the upper hand on graphics (smooth, seamless panning) and FMV. Like its earlier Agon releases, Yoomurjak is a labor of love and is full of small, charming touches that bring Eger to life.

As other gamers have mentioned, I'd love to buy this on DVD. I'm content with the subtitles and in-game translations of critical documents, although I would enjoy Yoomurjak's Ring more if *all* comments were translated into Hungarian. Keep up the great work!

Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: Veggiechiliqueen] #216879
10/16/07 06:02 PM
10/16/07 06:02 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Veggiechiliqueen

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Yoomurjak's Ring Exclusive Demo -- OPINIONS NEEDED! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #216971
10/16/07 09:24 PM
10/16/07 09:24 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Veggiechiliqueen -- and welcome! welcome

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users