GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206407 - 09/23/07 10:06 PM Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure?
Barry Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sun City, AZ
In my opinion it's a toss up between Winslow in Black Dahlia "Hey Jimbo!!" and the Suffrajester in Discworld 2 " We Shall Overcome, We Shall Overcome, offkey to the extreme ofcourse", LOL.

Happy Gaming All,
Barry

#206416 - 09/23/07 10:37 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Barry]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I'll vote for that FBI agent.

#206428 - 09/23/07 11:13 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi smile
I would, in all probability, cast my vote in the direction of that Fluffy Bunny slapforehead in Toonstruck !!

lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

#206437 - 09/24/07 12:36 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Mad]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Talking parrots in any game.

#206458 - 09/24/07 03:25 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: nickie]
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: nickie

Oh, bother! frown

Steve Ince, Writer-Designer
Steve on Twitter

#206463 - 09/24/07 04:37 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Barry]
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
laugh This list MUST include Mustavio from Keepsake.

#206481 - 09/24/07 06:32 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: The Haze]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
If I remember correctly there was a second version of Keepsake released with a different voice playing Mustavio, he was soooo annoying!! think
I think Dr John Russell (Operation Wintersun) is annoying, he says really stupid things, and when you try and use some items (wrong ones) he screams 'NO,NO,NO' at you. mad

#206484 - 09/24/07 06:50 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Upsydaisy]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Hands down, the receptionist in Carte Blanche.

Ana wave

#206516 - 09/24/07 08:10 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
In a recent game -- the brat Ludvig in The Ugly Prince Duckling. Of all time -- probably Mephisto in Faust.

#206524 - 09/24/07 08:29 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Barry]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I agree with you, Ana. The receptionist in Carte Blanche makes every other obnoxious character in a game downright appealing by comparison; she made me want to quit playing the game, and I have never had that experience before.

#206533 - 09/24/07 08:42 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Marian]
Shany Offline
Settled Boomer

Nina from Secret Files: Tunguska. That woman got on my nerves. She has no personality, and she hates animals. She also abuses everyone who stands in her way.
There's only one or two characters I can recall that she's genuinely nice to.
And she talks like a 12 year old.

#206542 - 09/24/07 09:01 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Shany]
challis3 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Durham, NC USA
Of all time I have to go with Al Emmo- That voice!!!
But a close second has to be the receptionist from Carte Blanche.

"Locked, from the inside. That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is." Murder by Death

#206545 - 09/24/07 09:08 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Diamond]
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

Originally Posted By: Diamond

Oh, bother! frown

If a different voice was used for a parrot (say a Sean Connery voice) I could change my mind! lol

#206546 - 09/24/07 09:19 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: nickie]
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Yorkshire
If a different voice was used for a parrot (say a Sean Connery voice) I could change my mind! lol

I'll remember that for next time. laugh

Steve Ince, Writer-Designer
Steve on Twitter

#206549 - 09/24/07 09:29 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Diamond]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
I'm begining to think the main man in Deaf Reefs - he keeps saying "use your head" in the same tone of voice as my most hated teacher in school 45 years ago

#206550 - 09/24/07 09:36 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: old lady]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
The receptionist in Carte Blanch .That voice ripped at your insides .As for boring Black mirror

#206589 - 09/24/07 11:36 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: dragonuk44]
Barry Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sun City, AZ
Oh Goodness how could I have forgotten that receptionist in Carte Blanche!!! Add her to the top of my list ahead of Winslow and the Suffrajester, LOL. Dragonuk44, in regard to Black Mirror, did you mean just the voices or the game itself as being boring? The reason for asking is I found that to be one of the most riveting suspensful games I ever played.

Happy Gaming All,
Barry

#206634 - 09/24/07 01:00 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Barry]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
Frankly, I don't think Max from Sam & Max is too endearing, and if he keeps doing that armpit thing the game(s) aren't going to get finished by me at all.

#206655 - 09/24/07 01:33 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: RayBres]
Jess519 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I agree about Black Mirror, as far as main character voices go, Samuel is one of the worst. I got sick of his voice by the end of the game.

As for most obnoxious overall, I couldn't stand both the Mom and the best friend that kept calling Kate in Syberia. I know they're probably supposed to be annoying, but still...

Edited by Jess519 (09/24/07 01:33 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#206723 - 09/24/07 04:08 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Jess519]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll only mention that the subject could be expanded (in another) to cover obnoxious practices or traits that are used in games. (As an example, the holy women near the end of Myst IV really annoyed me because they didn't - I mean, they did not - use contractions when they spoke, and that kind of put-on solemnity usually gets my goat; this is subjective, of course, but then so is the current thread.)

Edited by RayBres (09/24/07 11:45 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#206774 - 09/24/07 06:10 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Marian]
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Colorado
For me, it would have to be the Nereids in Anacapri The Dream. I love the game and have played several times, but the Nereids voices grate on me.

#207690 - 09/27/07 06:59 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: birddog]
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: northern Wisconsin
Hands Down.....the receptionist in Charte Blanche!!!! It ruined the whole game :LOL:

Nan

#207710 - 09/27/07 07:57 AM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: auntiegram]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
hello Barry no the game was ok just is voice

#207843 - 09/27/07 01:10 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: dragonuk44]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Illinois
Birddog, the Nereids truly annoyed me,too. Besides the trouble I had even playing the game (which forced me to have to hear them again and again through replaying parts) makes me want to rip off my own fingernails. I also found Samuel in Black Mirror (a game I liked a lot) just a tad somnambulant.

#207851 - 09/27/07 01:30 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: BubbaJake]
Salar of Myst Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Virginia's wetland dimension
This can be a tough one because many characters were meant to be annoying...including that "is it dangerous to parrots?" ..parrot. Honestly I found him funny at first. it was only when we got to the quarrel over the roast chickens that I started thinking about starting my own Aztec cape. lol

#207865 - 09/27/07 01:54 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: nickie]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Originally Posted By: Diamond

Oh, bother! frown

My 1st choice for most obnoxious character would be the receptionist in Carte Blanche! I forgot about awful parrot voices - I think it would be wonderful nickie if they sounded like Sean Connery or maybe Tim Curry - if I thought I could think of a few other actors too! lol

Have to agree with the suffrajester in Discworld & Mustavio in Keepsake but have always been surprised that the main character in Tunguska irritated so many others - didn't have a problem with her at all!!! But to add - one voice that really drove me nuts was the wife in The Watchmaker. She was just so monotonous & dreary! sleep rotfl

Edited by chrissie (09/27/07 02:02 PM)
Edit Reason: Got game wrong!

#207918 - 09/27/07 04:21 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: chrissie]
nickie Offline
Adept Boomer

I'd forgotten about that woman in Watchmaker - or maybe I tried to block her from memory. sleep grin
I'm with you Chrissie, I had no problem with the girl's voice from Tunguska - nor did I with Samuel in Black Mirror - so I'm always surprised that so many feel that strongly about it.

#208045 - 09/27/07 09:59 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: nickie]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

In the realm of parrots, the one in Starship Titanic was pretty annoying.

#208423 - 09/28/07 07:30 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: RayBres]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
For me its <Talking Parrots> In any game :/

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#208827 - 09/29/07 07:28 PM Re: Who Do You consider to be the Most Obnoxious Chaaracter in the Realm of Adventure? [Re: Darleen03]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
I thought Arthur was so annoying and obnoxious in Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time! :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Uncle Reg, Rushes, kjos, curly, OrleansBelle, GBC, colpet, manxman, cailyn), 85 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users