GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24] #206839
09/24/07 10:35 PM
09/24/07 10:35 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

Twiddle the freezer's temperature control dial ....

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: Mad] #206896
09/25/07 08:07 AM
09/25/07 08:07 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Pull the leal apart, freeze the stem which would be full of water and try that as it may not defroast so quickly.
Edit or pull the freezer over towards the door - reducing the journey time laugh

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: old lady] #206923
09/25/07 09:02 AM
09/25/07 09:02 AM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
If you pull the freezer over, you may pull the plug out and no more cold. Oops.

Bets

Corgis fill your life with Joy, your heart with Love, and your soul with Sunshine.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: flutist] #206940
09/25/07 09:29 AM
09/25/07 09:29 AM
Palouse country
3dobermans Offline
Adept Boomer
3dobermans  Offline
Adept Boomer

Palouse country
I certainly regret that I didn't stop back after pg. 2. rotfl

Do have a question of course; once "we" help get you out of the room, which of course will happen, since Baag'ers are the ultimate at getting out of tight spots, then, "we" must help you escape the confines of "said asylum"? (delightedly rubbing hands together)

But back to the locked room...have you used the ladder to look on any and all high spots that may have ledges, for further useful objects?
Why do I get the feeling the exotic plants may have more use than sopping up water????

Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body - Joseph Addison
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: flutist] #206941
09/25/07 09:32 AM
09/25/07 09:32 AM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: flutist
If you pull the freezer over, you may pull the plug out and no more cold. Oops.

Bets

That's where the
Quote:
an electrical extension cord

Gordon found in one of the drawers comes in smile

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: PolloDiablo] #206953
09/25/07 10:06 AM
09/25/07 10:06 AM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
Yeah, but is it long enough?

Corgis fill your life with Joy, your heart with Love, and your soul with Sunshine.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: flutist] #206967
09/25/07 10:46 AM
09/25/07 10:46 AM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Hmmm, if the electrical extension cord isn't long enough and the freezer has already been moved closer to the door, maybe it could be used as a battering ram to knock the door down?

To love is to be happy with!
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy] #207055
09/25/07 03:52 PM
09/25/07 03:52 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Wow! I'll try to keep up!

A thought suddenly springs into my head! Can I turn up the freezer (but I don't know how you make ice colder than ice) I open the door but this is a very old machine and has only two settings on the heat dial ON and OFF. I decide to leave it ON.

The plants have taken great exception to me eating their young and have pulled up roots and slunk off into the dark recesses of the room. (I did say they were exotic!!)

I wonder if I can pull the freezer nearer to the door. It's a very large freezer though.
However I extend my manly frame to its full six feet three inches, flex my solid, well-toned muscles and apply my not inconsiderable strength to the task. I eventually with great exertions manage to get the freezer slowly moving. Gradually I ease it towards the door, the veins in my huge biceps pounding under the strain when suddenly

---BOINGGG!---

Oh Oh!

I immediately check my manly physique to see if anything has moved from where it should be, but all seems OK

What I do find is that the electric cord has stretched taut and the freezer won't move any further.

Still too far away.

I unplug the freezer and continue my endeavours. Eventually I reach the door. Unfortunately due to the feat of moving the freezer I have generated so much body heat in the room that the freezer has defrosted. This is not a surprise, as the sweat from my glistening black hair is still dripping from my square-cut chin and running down my heaving chest.

I catch my reflection again in the freezer door and see the weedy little runt I really am. Oh well if you can't boost yourself up a bit in your own adventure when can you? Still I bet I had the ladies going for a while.

I use the extension cord with the freezer and the electric outlet, freeze more twine and poke out the key onto the book page. Pull the page under the door, use the key and Open Sesame, leave the kitchen. The door slams closed behind my and won't reopen.

I am now in a small bare hallway. There is one metal door, with no keyhole. No windows, no secret passages, no dumbwaiters. All I can see is light coming in from a part open skylight high in the roof.

On a shelf by the door is what appears to be the most complicated key-pad I have ever seen.

Still following! My fingers need to stop for breath now.

Cheers
Gordon24

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24] #207148
09/25/07 08:00 PM
09/25/07 08:00 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
Hmm, sounds like time to put that ladder you've been lugging around to good use. I say put it up and check out that sky light. There must be a dusty ledge up there where the last person stuck in this hallway etched the code to the keypad. Why a person would do that, I have no idea. But this is an adventure game afterall... :/

I child-proofed my home... but they're still getting in!
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: zookeeper] #207153
09/25/07 08:15 PM
09/25/07 08:15 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Since the keypad is on a shelf and not on the door or on the wall next to the door, does that mean it can be picked up? So, is it something to add to the inventory?

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy] #207299
09/26/07 08:08 AM
09/26/07 08:08 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Dear Gordon 24, at this point the batteries in your mouse run out. There are no spares and the shop is closed. You try to "borrow" the batteries from the TV control and the childre start to scream. Your poor long suffering wife rushes in forgetting she has left the chip pan on the stove. The smoke sets off the fire alarm and both cats run to the catflap and get stuck. The neighbours ring the police and you show them this thread to explain what is happening. You are now back in your striaght jacket. luck

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: old lady] #207348
09/26/07 09:48 AM
09/26/07 09:48 AM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
Oh my gosh Gordon, you are in trouble now. Yikes.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: flutist] #207477
09/26/07 03:28 PM
09/26/07 03:28 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
Personally, I do not see any long, suffering wife, but I do see one laughing her head off and wondering just how our intrepid adventurer is going to work his way out of this latest puzzle, which we gamers love. Yes, I think the ladder will come into play with the skylight, and I want to see what is up there! As for the keypad, maybe trying random keys will set off an alarm and help will come? Or not.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy] #207500
09/26/07 05:03 PM
09/26/07 05:03 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Fingers fit and ready to go.

Sorry old lady, but I'm still unfettered, I don't want to got through all that again.

You mentioned a rubber chicken and a parrot a few posts ago. I once had a great idea for a money making exercise using a rubber chicken, well rubber cockerel actually, and a parrot that was accompanying me at the time.

Having been woken every morning by the strident screech of the rubber cockerel I thought what if we could cross the cockerel and the parrot. The cross bred cockerel offspring could then be taught to talk like their mother and instead of the raucous racket every sunrise I could teach them to sing Morning Has Broken, or Good Morning, Good Morning.
A much more pleasant sound to be woken by.

I duly crossed the rubber cockerel with the beautiful female parrot and all seemed well, but there was an unforeseen flaw in the plan.

Every time the parrot laid an egg it bounced so high, so fast and so far that I was never able to actually find one!

Back to the plot.

A bare hall, two doors both locked. Plain concrete walls, floor and ceiling (if you wanted fancy graphics buy a Benoit Sokal game!) The graphics in my adventure are so crude you could run them on an abacus.

The part open skylight in the centre of the ceiling attracts my attention. I deftly whip the twenty foot ladder from my pack
and attempt to reach the skylight. The ladder is six inches too short. (Why didn't I say it was a twenty-one foot ladder right at the start?)

I decide to try the key-pad.

There are dozens of identical small buttons across the top of the unit. Below that are what I assume are the keys.

There is a mysterious word BZNZSZ emblazoned across the top of the box. Is it a code as to how it operates.

I try a few of the buttons. I press one and a deep noise fills the room.

Boom! -- Boom! ------- Boom! - Boom! - Boom
!
This continues repeating over and over again. Nothing seems to happen to the door. I press a few more buttons, and various sounds add to the deep booming.

I begin pressing the keys below, and yet more noise issues into the room, but still no signs of the door opening.

I am just about to give up when I notice a small bit of paper hidden under the key-pad, and pick it up, and see.

THE ALPHABET
TEBAHPLA EHT

Is it a clue to the mysterious code?

I think I need help. (Strangely other people often say that to me as well)

Gordon24

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24] #207504
09/26/07 05:15 PM
09/26/07 05:15 PM
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer
PolloDiablo  Offline
Settled Boomer

You have a brilliant mind and since you don't seem to have pen and paper, you decide to mentally imagine writing down two lines of text, the alphabet and directly beneath it, the alphabet backwards. So, in your mind, underneath the A you write the Z, underneath the B you write the Y, underneath the C comes the X etc etc. You quickly realize BZNZSZ spells YAMAHA in this cypher. But how does that help you?

I'll be back, one day, when I feel like it.
Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: PolloDiablo] #207507
09/26/07 05:28 PM
09/26/07 05:28 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
You're too quick for me PD. smile I was just logging in with the yamaha answer.

I think that since the keypad buttons emit different sounds, you need to find the sound or combination of sounds that mimic a Yamaha motorcycle.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: zookeeper] #207513
09/26/07 05:42 PM
09/26/07 05:42 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Aha! The code is cracked.

Whist waiting for a solution I have deftly been manipulating the keys, but all I could manage was a superb rendition of "Stars and Stripes Forever", which by pressing more buttons had a full rhythm accompaniment.

YAMAHA -- Hang on they also produce musical instruments. The horrible thought hits me. I have wasted valuable time trying to open the door using an electronic key-board. Rats! (Ooops I don't want to open that thread again)

I think the sky-light will have to be the answer somehow.

Cheers
Gordon24

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24] #207755
09/27/07 09:25 AM
09/27/07 09:25 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
Hi Gordon- sorry to cause any domestic problems - can we recap a little as I'm not sure what is in your invantory now. I can only suggest you take a closer look at your ladder as it may have a very small button that will extend it. luck

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: old lady] #207793
09/27/07 11:58 AM
09/27/07 11:58 AM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I'm also thinking of clicking on the Inventory to see what is left. Are the 2 empty buckets still there, so could they be used to raise the ladder those missing 6 inches? Kind of a dicey foothold, I know.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy] #207838
09/27/07 01:02 PM
09/27/07 01:02 PM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
As long as the buckets don't slide. Is the floor slick? We don't want Gordon falling on his tush.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: flutist] #207846
09/27/07 01:20 PM
09/27/07 01:20 PM
Virginia's wetland dimension
Salar of Myst Offline
Addicted Boomer
Salar of Myst  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Virginia's wetland dimension
What an awesome thread to come back to!

welcome Gordon

Since the rat is your friend (he wouldn't have been mine since I would have frozen his tail for a lockpick back in the kitchen lol), maybe you should check and see what sorts of impressions he can do? Maybe munching on one of the buckets will fool the audio lock. think

Susan wave

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: Salar of Myst] #207930
09/27/07 04:56 PM
09/27/07 04:56 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

I vow I will not use the key-board again. (Elton John I am not!)

So what's left. Time to revisit the old backpack, as my memory is not what it was, and its a long long way to travel back through this thread for a check.

Two empty buckets, oil lamp, matches, 3 large rocks, 20 foot ladder, metal lever, a spade, kitchen knife, ball of twine, cooking oil, large plastic bag and sack of rotten pototoes.

The rat can no longer help, as he/she (I didn't know him/her THAT well!) is on the wrong side of the kitchen door.

The only way is up!

Working with the advice from sierramindy and flutist I place a large rock under each of two up turned buckets to attempt to stop them sliding. I then place the ladder on top of the buckets. It now reaches the sky-light!

-----------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER!

Please do not attempt the next feat of daring at home. It is to be carried out by a trained, professional adventurer well versed in the skills required to avoid serious injury.

The author, and Gameboomers.com accept no responsibility for the well-being of anyone who fails to heed this advice.

Be careful out there!
-----------------------------------

I climb up the teetering ladder to the partly open sky-light.

The gap is too narrow for me to squeeze through.

I push against the frame, but to paraphrase an old friend of mine Kate, with whom I once had a mammoth adventure in Syberia.

It's stuuuck!

Gordon24

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: gordon24] #207961
09/27/07 05:41 PM
09/27/07 05:41 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
Use the cooking oil on the hinge to un-"stuuuck" it.

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: zookeeper] #208278
09/28/07 01:54 PM
09/28/07 01:54 PM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
OK, the cooking oil worked and the hinge finally moved and a hard push opened the rest of the skylight. Climbing up and out took a bit of doing but got past that action sequence and now what is there to see?

Re: An e-mail about BAAGS: The Innocent Exposed! [Re: sierramindy] #208334
09/28/07 03:31 PM
09/28/07 03:31 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Whoa! slow down. I'm still out of breath from climbing the ladder.

Let's try the cooking oil on the hinge etc. etc.

I climb out onto the roof of the building, and pull up the ladder after me. This knocks over the buckets below, so no route back that way.

The roof is bare, nothing to pick up or use here.

I walk to the edge. A sheer drop of 200 feet on all sides to the earth below. The outer walls are plain, no footholds, no ledges, zilch!

A strange oval shaped room extends out over the abyss from one side of the roof.

I enter. It appears to be an office of some kind, but I explore and there is nothing in here of any use to me whatsover. I am just about to leave when I see something in the corner.

I investigate and find a large tumbleweed.

I leave the office, no salvation there. I must escape with my wits alone (God help me!)

My backpack must hold the answer.

It contains.

A 20 foot ladder, 14 pounds of rotten pototoes, a spade, a metal lever, a large plastic bag, a ball of twine, an oil lamp, matches, one large rock, and a kitchen knife.

This ones a teaser!

Cheers
gordon24

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 09/28/07 03:38 PM. Reason: deleted political humor :D
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 257 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users