GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
East Side Story - Possible Spoilers #208402
09/28/07 06:28 PM
09/28/07 06:28 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I just finished (yesterday) this wonderful game and loved it. For me it was the best of Mikael & Eleen's 4 games! Thanks for all your hard work kissy And LenG, thank you so much for your patience with me and your kind help. I would still be stuck in the garden looking for that shed and watering can - I had the right idea of what to do but could not get focused on the correct shed. I would also be stuck a couple of other places where I could not seem to get my feet on the right path - and I had your walkthrough at hand to check when I got stuck but still did not figure out what I was doing wrong or not doing at all.
The story was an interesting one - the scenery in Sweden is beautiful and I enjoyed this visit there (I will never get to travel there, short on money and too 'fussy' to enjoy traveling any more). I found that using the map to jump from place to place works just great for me. I enjoyed the 'walking tour' offered in Anacapri (another game) but tend to want to 'get on with it' and also tend to get lost often grin The map is very helpful. I am hoping other Gameboomers will come into this thread and discuss the game, their likes, loves and complaints if there are any (everyone always has some 'little thing' that irritated them, don't they? While I find I cannot play these adventure games without use of a w/t and lots of help, I do try to do things on my own as much as I can until I get stuck and only then check the w/t or come here to Hints to holler for help.
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Betty Lou] #208413
09/28/07 06:53 PM
09/28/07 06:53 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Hey that's so nice of you Betty.
Of course I agree with everything you say.

Just a short note :-
When I was very much younger (say 17 years ago... when I was only about about 65 y.o) I used to turn my nose up (alright... I suppose "sneer") at people who used walkthroughs... not that I could EVER always solve a game right through without some hints from somewhere !!

But with old age I've both become more tolerant and also impatient.
Like you (I think) I can't be bothered any longer to spend the time & energy sitting for hours when I'm completely stuck.
So I give it a reasonable time ONLY, and then use a walkthrough... as far as possible (by using a "Find" or "Search for" keyword) to pin point my stuckness (or sometimes only part of it) as close as possible.

Anyhow ... thanks, and I take my hat off to Mikael & Eleen (Incidentally their English is excellent... I don't even know a word of Swedish) !!

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: LenG] #208785
09/29/07 05:10 PM
09/29/07 05:10 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I'm guessing either everyone else is still playing this one and are not ready to 'discuss' it in case they read a spoiler and ruin the game for them......QUESTION - does "allotment" mean country cottage or summer cottage? I am not familiar with the term as a description of a place in the country.....ABOUT the Easter Egg - catsmom told me she spotted you in one of the map locations, you're just like Hitchcock making a 'cameo' appearance in a production....is that it? You also say you have not found the EE but didn't you help beta test the game? I saw your name in the credits......also saw a surname I recognize but the first name is different - Sylvester (not Johnathon) Boakes!
Love, Betty Lou

Last edited by Betty Lou Brewer Jones; 09/29/07 05:10 PM.

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Betty Lou] #208789
09/29/07 05:26 PM
09/29/07 05:26 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
BettyLou, I haven't played this one, but I know from past games an allotment is a garden area in the countryside. wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: looney4labs] #208844
09/29/07 08:11 PM
09/29/07 08:11 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Quote:
ABOUT the Easter Egg - catsmom told me she spotted you in one of the map locations, you're just like Hitchcock making a 'cameo' appearance in a production....is that it? You also say you have not found the EE but didn't you help beta test the game? I saw your name in the credits

No... My photo was put in by Mikael without my knowledge... but it's not the Easter Egg.

Yes... I was both the alpha-tester for 6 months, and then one of the the beta testers at the end.

The EE was programmed in by Mikael sometime during the game development. He didn't tell me when. It might have been right at the very end where I had no chance of finding it... but maybe not!

I can only say that when he informed me (only when the game was released) I know that if I had previously been aware of it's existence but no more even near the beginning, I would NEVER have found it!

AFAIK only Mikael, Eleen and (since I was informed) mysellf, know where & what it is.

In England, an 'allotment' is a very small plot of land allocated to a house (often very near to it) generally in city suburbs rather than the countryside, for the main purpose of growing a small quantity of vegetables for household consumption... and sometimes a little fruit and flowers.

Mikael will have to tell you if it's similar in Sweden ... it sounds like it ???

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: LenG] #208869
09/29/07 09:37 PM
09/29/07 09:37 PM
United Kingdom
A
Allegra Offline
Shy Boomer
Allegra  Offline
Shy Boomer
A

United Kingdom
I've finished the game now, and such a delightful game it was! Certainly the best, and the longest, in the series.

I didn't encounter any easter egg, but I'm replaying the game now, and will be looking for one.

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Allegra] #208892
09/29/07 11:52 PM
09/29/07 11:52 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I didn't see any spoilers in this thread. Which is actually good since I just started the game. I haven't had time to get very far. My day off last Tuesday turned into a work day. Somebody called in sick and I've been working extra hours all week. Which is a good thing. More hours equals more money, more money means someday I can update to a computer from this century and play some other authors' memory hogging games.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #208972
09/30/07 09:41 AM
09/30/07 09:41 AM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Congratulations to Eleen and Mikael for this wonderful game.

Had much fun playing it and giving an occasional hint.

Hoping many members will like the game and it's scenery.

Chief wave

Chief
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Chief] #209053
09/30/07 01:50 PM
09/30/07 01:50 PM
Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Upsydaisy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Upsydaisy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Regarding the EE, would it be
Click to reveal..
near the end in someone's office? a reference to another Carol Reed game?

In England you have to rent an allotment from the local council. With the interest in 'grow your own' there is a long list of people waiting depending on where you live. devilchili

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 09/30/07 02:09 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag just in case
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Upsydaisy] #209130
09/30/07 05:06 PM
09/30/07 05:06 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Quote:
Regarding the EE, would it be :-
Warning, Spoiler:------------ near the end in someone's office? a reference to another Carol Reed game?

Very sorry... but no !

Quote:
In England you have to rent an allotment from the local council. With the interest in 'grow your own' there is a long list of people waiting depending on where you live.

I'm sure you're right.
It's so many decades ago and I've almost forgotten

However, I DO remember that during WW-II (from 1939 thro' well after 1946) in England, all of us being encouraged to grow as much as possible.
Food was rationed and everything was "Austerity".

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: LenG] #209214
09/30/07 08:56 PM
09/30/07 08:56 PM
california
catsmom Offline
Addicted Boomer
catsmom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

california
Hi Bettylou, so far I am enjoying this game. Thanks to Mikael for sending me a special link so I could download it. Bettylou, I thought you enjoyed city life? This is more my speed, the country. I like the way certain things open up when you do certain things and the different pathways. I love Carol's voice and the others, their accents are cute. I dont know how far in the game I am, but I hope it lasts for a while more. And thanks to LenG for all his help smile smile

smile
Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: catsmom] #209415
10/01/07 11:58 AM
10/01/07 11:58 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I do feel more comfortable living in the city cat,and visiting the countryside or anywhere - on the computer - is OK too since I am not actually there swatting off bees, spiders etc or having to deal with anything that will annoy me grin I can enjoy a couple of hours in just such a garden as the allotment, the hammock looks inviting but not if it is in the sun, I am a 'shade' person - hence the birth or rebirth of my terrific hats I make, they started because I wear a hat outside always since moving to Calif from Illinois! And one day I decided to 'dress them up'. This game was fun! I played the 3 other ones done by this team and while I liked them, this one 'grabbed' me the bestest. Did you get 'unstuck' and have you solved the mystery yet?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: East Side Story - Possible Spoilers [Re: Betty Lou] #209522
10/01/07 05:55 PM
10/01/07 05:55 PM
california
catsmom Offline
Addicted Boomer
catsmom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

california
Hi Bettylou, LenG helped me where I got stuck at and now I can visit the Train Station. I havent seen a train in years except when I go to Sac or Modesto for a work conference.I put in a 12 hour work day today and I am beat. But will have to finish this one soon because Nancy Drew is coming tomorrow.I love the country paths in the game the best, reminds me of when I used to walk them here myself until they built a lot of homes.If I get stuck again in the game I'll visit the hints forum.
smile

smile
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jboliver), 309 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users