GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210679 - 10/03/07 11:17 PM Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colorado, USA
Hi everyone. I was wondering if this game is out yet and also I have a few questions about it if it is out.
I'm wondering if it has timed puzzles or actions that you must take at certain times of the day, if it has the changes that I didn't like in WW such as no notebook, no cell phone, etc., and if in general it's better than WW overall?

I appreciate all your feedback!

Thanks so much,
Cat

#210690 - 10/04/07 12:22 AM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Tracy]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

I don't know how far I am in into the junior game or how long this game is; but I already encountered 3 arcadey puzzles. I did 2 and left the other one til later - my jaw was hurting from holding in my screeching.

#210817 - 10/04/07 08:42 AM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: MaG]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ack! No! sigh.....

When will these guys go back to the old forumula? I miss games like Haunted Mansion and Royal Tower so much. frown

Thanks MaG,
Cat

#211129 - 10/04/07 10:36 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Tracy]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi MaG. Me again. I just wanted to let ya (and everyone else) know that I just emailed HER Interactive and finally expressed how I've felt about the changes in their games over the past couple of years. I can't tell you how good that feels! I don't know if anything will change, but at least I let them know how I feel and that some other adult gamers feel the same way.

One of my suggestions was for them to make two different ND games each season: one for kids, one for adults. Both would be playable by anyone, but the kid ones could contain more puzzles, cooking, etc. while the adult ones might have more mystery, be longer and not have so many mini-games. (also, I mentioned that I'd love to have the little clock in the left hand corner back, the "books" that were used for saving slots, being able to call Ned, Bess, and George, and having the notepad to check things off)

I don't know if they'd ever do something like that, but it could potentially earn them twice the money, so maybe they will. You never know! smile

Anyway, I just miss the old ND's so much and I'm glad that I found a way to let them know.

PS I'll let ya know if anything happens. lol

Cat

Edited by catbelly36 (10/04/07 10:37 PM)

#211130 - 10/04/07 10:40 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Tracy]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I'm enjoying this game very much so far, playing on senior detective. I've only done one arcade-y thing so far. What I can't believe is how rapidly I have become "stuck" and entirely "stumped" as to what to do next--I have never made so little progress in a Nancy Drew game in two days' worth of play as I have in this one. Maybe I'm just tired. whistle help lol

#211201 - 10/05/07 06:54 AM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Marian]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Cat, I wrote them after playing White Wolf. This is the first ND I didn't purchase sight unseen. I have not really enjoyed one of them since Blackmoor Manor. I did not get a response to my email to them. frown

I am curious to hear their response to you, I am glad you expressed your opinion.

Ana wave

#211381 - 10/05/07 03:16 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
Thanks for speaking for me, Cat and Ana, and for others, as well. I hope your messages didn't fall on deaf ears. If the HerInt. staff is under 30 years old, it's possible that no one there cares all that much about older gamers' 'druthers'.

But we can hope. I gave White Wolf a try... haven't cared to finish it. Have not bought Crystal Key, and may be done with this series.

The Carol Reed Mysteries give me exactly what I want from a game, so I'm having absolutely no ND withdrawal pangs, and am enjoying my Swedish visit. Same holds true for the Capri games... Perfect! Someone here mentioned that Sydney Mystery is similar, so I may be gaming in Australia soon. Bye Nancy... for now.

#211388 - 10/05/07 03:39 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Carrie]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Carrie -- the people at Her Interactive are not -- how do I say this -- some of them look more mature than age 30. lol I won't say they're old and I won't speculate as to their exact ages.

Clearly, they want older gamers to enjoy their games. But I get the impression that they have a "mission" to get young girls interested in computers and gaming, which probably comes first on their list of priorities.

#211755 - 10/06/07 11:10 AM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Becky]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks guys. I hope I'll hear back, Ana, but if not at least I got to get it off my chest. (in a respectful way, mind you!) btw---you're welcome, Carrie and I hope that they'll take what Ana and I and other gamers have said in our emails to heart.

You never know!

btw---I'm glad you're enjoying the game, Marian! I went ahead and ordered it yesterday and am going to give it a try. Maybe I'll end up enjoying it as well--I hope so!

Cat

#211840 - 10/06/07 01:27 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Tracy]
Mystery Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Iowa
Hey guys, I have an account over at the Herinteractive forum and we're not the only ones who are displeased. I've read posts from people there who say the exact same things, so hopefully they'll pay attention. I don't mind some minigames, but I don't like when you have to play a game over and over again to get something you need.

#211858 - 10/06/07 02:10 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Becky]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
Originally Posted By: Becky
Carrie -- Clearly, they want older gamers to enjoy their games. I get the impression that they (the folks at HerInteractive) have a "mission" to get young girls interested in computers and gaming, which probably comes first on their list of priorities.
Couldn't agree more that they seem to want to focus more on younger players. But just because the players are younger, doesn't automatically mean that all of them want Change. I'll bet there are just as many young players who'd like ND to remain unchanged. Nice to think that HerInteractive might still be keeping older gamers in mind... but who's to know for sure?

Originally Posted By: mysterylover
Hey guys, I have an account over at the Herinteractive forum and we're not the only ones who are displeased. I've read posts from people there who say the exact same things, so hopefully they'll pay attention.
Good Good Good. I hope so, too mysterylover.

#211864 - 10/06/07 02:38 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Carrie]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

After finishing the game, I came out with a feeling like this is more like an adventure game than a hodgepodge of arcade and some sleuthing thrown in.
It's more like the other way around- more sleuthing and with oh - this might work well for an arcade puzzle. It feels different than other ND games.
Try it, you might like it. wink

#211917 - 10/06/07 04:23 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: MaG]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Thanks MaG, I needed that. grin I guess I just can't resist a Nancy Drew. I'll be picking it up soon.

Ana wave

#211927 - 10/06/07 04:53 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: MaG]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
That's great to hear, MaG, because I'm really liking the game so far. It's nice to know that my initial impressions will probably be sustained. smile

#212023 - 10/06/07 09:13 PM Re: Nancy Drew: Crystal Skull Questions [Re: Marian]
Melia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Texas
Hi guys. I've been reading this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents since I just finished the game. Overall, I liked the game. I just miss the old Nancy Drew game music that you have when the game starts up and when you're installing it. Maybe it's just me. And I miss the old layout of the game screen, but I guess that's minor.

In this game, the arcade stuff was really irritating...like the pinball game. That one drove me absolutely nuts because all it tool was a one micron difference in ball placement for the wrong spot to be hit. At least, that's the way it seemed to me.

Also, there were times when I really couldn't understand the puzzle at all, even when reading and re-reading the walkthrough - like the balls puzzle at the end of the game, and the numbers puzzle with the books...and there was another numbers puzzle but I cam't remember what it was.

Is it just me?

Edited by Melia (10/06/07 09:14 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Marian, BrownEyedTigre, manxman, Rowan, Sassy, Winfrey, ergggo, traveler, 1 invisible), 80 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users