GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Controlling Your Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #214218
10/11/07 01:24 PM
10/11/07 01:24 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As long as the camera is fixed I would not have any problems controlling an adventure game with the WSAD keys. Just promise me that your company will make the controls much more smoother than the controls for Dreamfall is. In Dreamfall you control Zoë with keyboard through the wsad keys. And the controls can at best be described as clunky...

I have tried playing games like Halo 1 in which the camera isn't
fixed and the head bobbing etc. really gives me motion sickness.
So please use a fixed camera angle if you you use a 1st person mode. I wouldn't mind being able to zoom out or in, and being able to pan the camera around. I can play Deus Ex and Half-Life 2 since thery have a fixed camera angle.

Just for bonus info: If you're making an adventure game in realtime 3D please make it so that the main character is able to interact with all the objects in the world, can click on everything and get a text description of it as well as being able to sit down on chairs and benches and such places. If you throw in 2-4 endings that would be even better smile

/Karsten

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Controlling Your Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #214219
10/11/07 01:27 PM
10/11/07 01:27 PM
S.F./Bay Area CA
Nipomo Offline
Settled Boomer
Nipomo  Offline
Settled Boomer

S.F./Bay Area CA
I also play lots of RPGs and some of those have keyboard for movement/mouse for view controls and I like them just fine. I really injoy 3D go everywhere, interact with everything games and think it could add to the adventure experience. For me the question would be keeping 3D adventure games adventure (deep good story,imurseive things to figure out) and not adding too much action (killing things, extreme coordination situations). I like the RPG layout....main story, lots of side storys and things going on...I think excellent adventure games could happen in a 3D world.

Sometimes I am sorry RPG's are mostly about killing things(with a tiny bit of a story)...poking around everywhere and getting to do adventures would be the very best. Mostly I like figuring things out and its funnest to do it in a 3D world where you aren't "lead " through the story with "scenery" all around you that you can't interact with.

scavenging the wasteland in Fallout 3
Re: Controlling Your Adventure Game [Re: Nipomo] #214230
10/11/07 02:08 PM
10/11/07 02:08 PM
Oregon
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Lotus777  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
I prefer mouse control over keyboard controls. I do play these, however, they seem to wait in the wings until I have finished the ones controlled by mouse. I do prefer the up/down arrows over wasd. Maybe at my age my reflexes have slowed down enough that fast mouse clicking is about my limit...haha.

Lotus
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 387 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users