GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#214645 - 10/12/07 09:06 AM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: Mattsius]
Angela Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: California, USA
Thanks everyone--we're all looking forward to this!!

#214769 - 10/12/07 01:31 PM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: Angela]
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Haifa; ISRAEL
~~ Hi Matthius… haven’t met you before!! ~~

Quote:
Hehe, thanks! And out from the shadows he comes!
Sorry to say it won't become a habit though, too busy to post at any forums these days.

Yes… when you’re young and very busy with studies, work & life in general, time is of tremendous importance.
This is particularly so for the extremely laborious (and often terribly repetitive & boring, and sometimes also very lengthy) work of alpha & beta testing Quest-Adventures!

I personally am VERY fortunate in being nearly 83 y.o. and fully pensioned off for the past 15 years, with all family set... Thank Goodness!
Due to this I’ve had the time and energy to beta-test somewhere around 40 games (and write walkthroughs for about the same number), and have 4 beta’s in test at present.

Culpa Innata is hopefully going to be one of the most outstanding for a long time, with (at least) one of the abovementioned four being a block-buster as well!

#215675 - 10/14/07 02:17 PM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: LenG]
Mikael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
I just ordered the game. With this impressive lot of testers I know that I can look forward to a bug free game.

#216515 - 10/16/07 05:19 AM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: Mikael]
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiya Mikael ~~ Cheers
Quote:
With this impressive lot of testers I know that I can look forward to a bug free game.
I wouldn’t go quite as far as that ! rolleyes

As an excellent game developer and programmer (I stopped computer programming several years ago) you know much better than I do that it is scientifically/mathematically impossible to ensure with 100% certainty that there is no possible bug in ANY piece of software…computer games most certainly not excluded (actually being in the quite high risk category)!

The permutations and combinations of possible player’s key-strokes (to say nothing of the huge number of different computer specs) tends to infinity.

Beta testers, can most definitely spot a definite bug (large or small), but however experienced, can never test with absolute certainty that there is NO possible bug. duh
This is one of the basic facts of programming (in any/every programming language) which I know you are extremely aware of.

Nevertheless, the more testing that is performed and the more experienced the testers, the less the chances of bugs... and particularly the lethal strains (crashes, dead-ends, serious logic flaws, etc.).

AFAIK, “Culpa Innata” has been tested very thoroughly over an extended period and hence I certainly agree with your sentiments that it will be as bug free as possible and a superb game !! happydance

#216915 - 10/16/07 07:03 PM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: LenG]
Mikael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
OK, let me rephrase: I now who to blame when I find a bug. wink

Edited by Mikael (10/16/07 07:04 PM)

#217206 - 10/17/07 12:22 PM Re: More GB connections -- Culpa Innata BetaTesters!! [Re: Mikael]
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
~~ Mikael ~~ … OK, let me rephrase: I now who to blame when I find a bug. grin laugh
Luckily, I know extremely well your marvellous sense of humour.rotfl

I’ve seen here & there, only a few times, malicious remarks when a game contains one or more bugs… of the sort “What were the beta-testers of that game messing around at”!

It’s possible that such a remark may be ‘justified’, but generally a bug which has been missed by testers is one that no “normal” person would run into !

****** A theoretical slightly exaggerated example :-
Our hero is starving hungry and says so repeatedly, and makes it plain to the player that if he doesn’t get something to eat fairly quickly, he will die pronto.

He moves right to the next scene which contains mid screen a very large and obvious table loaded with a huge plate containing very appetizing looking food, and also 2 or 3 small insignificant objects including a nondescript withered looking potted plant.
Our hero eats some food, takes the potted plant (turns out he needs only the pot and not the plant!) and all’s well.

All (good & experienced) beta-testers perform the above ………… no comment and certainly no report to the Developer(s).

The game is released and 99 people have no problems. But the 100th person, for no logical (but completely permissible) reason goes to the plant BEFORE the food --->> CCRRAASSHH!

Incidentally, I’ve seen a non-fatal but invidious ‘scoring-bug' in at least two games and another 3 very prestigious ones (after professional in-house testing), e.g. Shivers-1 and Shivers-2.
I have even saved & kept for posterity my final save of the Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon that reads :-
“Congratulations.
You have finished the game with 1019 points out of a maximum of 1000”.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Marian, BrownEyedTigre, sanford, jimrh69, Koala, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users