GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#222043 - 10/26/07 02:21 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: RayBres]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
They show where I've been. And who knows? I might want to go back at almost any moment.

#222049 - 10/26/07 02:31 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: RayBres]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Illinois
Sold the original Scratches, rebought the new edition since I couldn't stop thinking about some parts of it. I will never sell my Tex Murphy games, my Journeyman games, my Syberias, Post Mortem and Still Life, Ripper (even though I still haven't gotten one of my PCs fixed so it will play in XP or Vista) Jonathan Boakes games, Amber, The Carol Reed games, TLJ or Dreamfall (even though DF ALMOST got sold before I finished it) and a few others I will promptly remember when I'm not here.

#222120 - 10/26/07 04:56 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: BubbaJake]
thracia Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Central Islip NY
Because I am a pack rat. Plain and simple.

thracia

#222137 - 10/26/07 05:32 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: thracia]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
I used to hoard my games...but no more..

I play & then trade.. yay

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#222234 - 10/26/07 08:24 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: RayBres]
gymcandy1 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Mead, Oklahoma
I watch my favorite movies over and over so......I play my favorite games over and over. thumbsup

wave joe

#222274 - 10/26/07 09:26 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: gymcandy1]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted By: gymcandy1
I watch my favorite movies over and over so......I play my favorite games over and over. thumbsup

wave joe

That rings a bell with me, Joe--also I read my favorite books over and over. But as far as replaying games, I haven't yet managed to get through all of the ones I have. blush

Actually, I have some that are so old I don't even have a computer they would play on--but who knows what old treasure life might throw my way...bravo

#222279 - 10/26/07 09:33 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: Jenny]
Jess519 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Like most everyone else posting here, I keep games because I do replay them. I'll play pretty much every game twice, sometimes more if I love it (like The Longest Journey).

Same games (like Myst) I have replayed more than once already, but doubt I'll every play them again, but I still hold onto them for sentimental reason. I just can't get rid of them.

Only games I get rid of are ones that I just really didn't like & know I'll never play again, or ones that just won't run on a new computer with a new OS.

smile

-----

#222536 - 10/27/07 12:52 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: Jess519]
BeaSong Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: rural Oregon, USA
Like certain books, they become part of my library and feel like close
friends that make me feel comfortable, surrounded by
things that I like, whether I replay them or not. Some I
do, some I don't, but knowing that I could replay them
at any time always makes me feel like I at least have the option.
I love having lots of choices.

#223010 - 10/28/07 11:01 AM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: BeaSong]
Gimli Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Switzerland
looney - that's a good question! I really don't know. As others I seldom play a game twice because I remember too well how the puzzles go. And having XP and maybe soon Vista, I can't play older games no more. But they are shelved and they stay there until eternity yes

Gimli

#223038 - 10/28/07 12:05 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: Gimli]
Sally(MG) Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Canada
Same reason I keep books. I like to re-read good books, and I like to replay too. Well, that's what I TELL myself, but there are so many new ones coming out all the time I hardly ever replay. The Longest Journey I played twice. I played through Syberia I and II individually as they came out, then did a marathon. Otherwise they just sit there.

I really should just give some of the ones I'm too scared to play away. :|

#223069 - 10/28/07 12:54 PM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: BeaSong]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Originally Posted By: BeaSong
Like certain books, they become part of my library and feel like close
friends that make me feel comfortable, surrounded by
things that I like, whether I replay them or not. Some I
do, some I don't, but knowing that I could replay them
at any time always makes me feel like I at least have the option.
I love having lots of choices.

I can't sum up the reason why I hang on to games better than you have already said BeaSong! yay

#223383 - 10/29/07 12:28 AM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: chrissie]
davegilbert Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: New York, NY
This is a funny question. Like books or DVDs (or even VHS tapes!) there are certain games I always keep and others I get rid of. "Discworld Noir" always remains part of my collection, as does "Zork Grand Inquisitor" and "Longest Journey." I also keep "Outcast", "Mafia" and "Vampire: Bloodlines" in my drawer. I haven't played any of those games in years, but I like having them there. Don't ask me why.

#223570 - 10/29/07 10:03 AM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: joanieS]
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have 3 separate binders for all of my games. (I think I have about a hundred now)

One is for games that I will NEVER get rid of. One is for games I'd only get rid of for a really good deal. The last one is for games that I'd be willing to trade or sell.

I do replay games all the time as I re-read books over and over also.

I have a hard time getting rid of games in the first time simply because I worry that I'll want to play them again and be out of luck. I've done that with Paradise, wish I still had that one.

#224020 - 10/30/07 05:39 AM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: joanieS]
wait3264 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: bath, pa usa
I used to keep all my played games. I just couldn't give them up. Recently, I have been trying to get rid of the clutter in my house. I donated all my old games to the local public library. They are put to good use and if I ever get the urge to replay one, I with just withdraw it from the library. They also have many games that I have not played. Kay
PS I believe it is also a tax deduction.

#224051 - 10/30/07 07:17 AM Re: Why do you keep your games? [Re: wait3264]
Tyke Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: West Yorkshire/U.K.
Oooo, Looney, I'm pleased to see that I am not alone...I just CAN'T get rid of any of my games, they are part of me. grin
I well remember before I joined Gameboomers and discovered just how many games there were out there and also the delights of on-line shopping, how difficult it was getting hold of new games to play, there didn't seem to be that many adventure games about and I used to haunt our local 'Game' store here in England waiting patiently for a new game to be released. duh

So...in answer to your question, I reckon it's 'FEAR' that makes me hang on to them all. Fear that I will be left with nothing to play. rotfl
And who knows?...when I eventually do aquire grandchildren, maybe I can inspire another generation to love the games I get so much pleasure out of...by the time that happens I will probably be able to teach them the entire history of adventure games. lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (sanford, cazziejoe, looney4labs, Donald, robert gray, Upsydaisy, Space Quest Fan, Chief, Marian), 76 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose, Mistywarren, keonie
8511 Registered Users