GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
what do you think of "the darkness within"? #229615
11/10/07 11:57 PM
11/10/07 11:57 PM
New England, USA
C
Cassiopeia Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Cassiopeia  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
C

New England, USA
I just wanted to make a post and say that this game, so far, is really great IMO. If anyone out there is hesitating on this, I'd definitely recommend getting it! I bought it only a few hours after it was released on Gamersgate and I've been playing almost non-stop since then.

It's a very spooky game... incredibly atmospheric, and relies on suggestion, sound effects, and the unknown to creep you out. It's *highly* effective at being scary! I've found that it kind of reminds me of Scratches (and also Barrow Hill). So many Lovecraft-based games seem to be mediocre, and this is the first one I've played that has genuinely impressed me.

However, it's also pretty dang difficult. Being an experienced adventure game junkie, I started out arrogantly playing on the hardest setting... and very swiftly wound up setting it right back to the easiest *shame*. he he!

So, what does everyone else who's playing it think about this game? Have any of the more intrepid gamers out there finished it yet, and if so, how many hours of play did you get out of it?

Also, does anyone know if your decisions as to where you go and explore affect the outcome of the game? There is at least one part where you can choose to explore, or choose not to and go home instead, and I'm wondering if my decision here is going to make any difference in what happens.

Re: what do you think of "the darkness within"? [Re: Cassiopeia] #229726
11/11/07 10:07 AM
11/11/07 10:07 AM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
Once I got used to conbining his thoughts with a little help from mag to explain how you did the pics .I seem ok .It is good how it is done and I do think this is a lot spookier than Barrow Hill .I am playing on the middle one .not the easy and not to hard lolI do have to have a break now and then as I cant get the game out of my head .I went out for a while last night and all I m thinking of is how to get un stuck so I can move on.lol It is very captivating and when he shouts who s there and the he jumps so do I .I m going be a nervouse wreck by time I ve finished lol

s wheeldon
Re: what do you think of "the darkness within"? [Re: dragonuk44] #230003
11/11/07 06:35 PM
11/11/07 06:35 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I just started playing this today. I've managed a couple of hours so far and am enjoying it very much. I'm playing on the middle setting - am sure the Senior Detective mode would baffle me completely. As it is, I'm stuck right now wandering around Clark's house. There are things I need to do in the library but I can't quite get my head around the solutions yet...

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: what do you think of "the darkness within"? [Re: Rushes] #230070
11/11/07 08:16 PM
11/11/07 08:16 PM
Ontario, Canada
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer
jldcat  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
I'm still waiting on this game to be sent out from interact so I'm glad that you are all enjoying it. Makes me want it to get here SOON!

The breeze from one door closing opens another.
Re: what do you think of "the darkness within"? [Re: jldcat] #230080
11/11/07 08:43 PM
11/11/07 08:43 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I ordered from Amazon and still have a wait. Wish it were here NOW.

Teddo

none
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users