GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#231640 - 11/14/07 07:28 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: Heidi]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Wow thanks Ana and hi everyone smile

I have to say that I am just one part of a great team, and there are many unsung (shy) and quiet heroes in all this work to help gamers with Culpa. So bravo Momentum team and Burak Barmanbek in particular. smile

Gaily and Heidi, glad you had such a good time playing Culpa. Everyone at Momentum is lurking and reading all your comments, the guys are a bit shy - but your thoughts mean so much.

Meta, sending you slingshot for future use of logically convincing people on how much nicer their life would be with Culpa AND GitS. *point is* rocks are easier to find and a good rock is always nice to have on hand wink

As for our curb side service, well if we thought would be a google woes coming in - likely would have just thrown away the game. help But as we suspected, it hasn't been that many - but ANY conflicts to us are too many. People have the right to get a game, play it and enjoy themselves without battling config woes.

Last but hardly least, GeeGee (nice to meet you also) - if bringing you sub titles for the monolog lines makes your gameplay sweeter, than the update is definitely worth it to us.

smile

#231720 - 11/14/07 10:24 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Just to add that I had no crashes. Often I have to turn off my anti-virus for some games, not all. With Culpa the difference was I had to shut off my firewall ( zone alarm ). Of course that automatically required I disconnect from the net when firewall is off. This is the only game I have ever played where the firewall had an impact. With Zone Alarm on if I tried to open the game the initial screen would load (black) Zone alarm would fire up a warning about a program trying to access resourses offering ( yes-no options ) the game would close before I could answer the firewall. It was consistent so I just shut off ZA unplugged the net and played the game. Not an issue for me but Gator may be interested.

#231755 - 11/15/07 03:06 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
metamorphium Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: gatorlaw
Wow thanks Ana and hi everyone smile
Meta, sending you slingshot for future use of logically convincing people on how much nicer their life would be with Culpa AND GitS. *point is* rocks are easier to find and a good rock is always nice to have on hand wink

A rock, there’s so few of these around. But I could use this so I’ll pick it up.

www.cbe-software.com

Created J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars, Serena, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

#231784 - 11/15/07 06:45 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: metamorphium]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

laugh

Hey! My faithful rock, I'm going to keep it.

#231858 - 11/15/07 09:36 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
GeeGee Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Victoria, BC
Gatorlaw - that is great news about sub-titles for the monologues being included in the patch!! bravo yay Will watch for it anxiously. Will I need to start the game all over? If so, will stop and re-do from beginning. Let me know pls. Thanks again! Cheers wave

#231873 - 11/15/07 10:08 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: GeeGee]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

That's a good question Mad

I know all our patches work through the .exe file and don;t affect saved games (other than if you have been having problems with playback etc that will stop LOL)

I would think that you could start over if you wanted to "see" the sub-titles for earlier Phoenix comments. But that if not - you could continue your game and the difference would be smoother playing and now newly triggered comments would have sub titles also to see. smile

#231902 - 11/15/07 11:33 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
Question #1 - did anyone else experience Phoenix walking/running backwards anywhere in the outdoor 'parks'?
Question #2 - I finally came to realize/understand that I should have been checking my diary for hints of what I might have missed, and found 3 items still 'in the red'. However, I have now cleared up 2 of them and finished the game. The third one has to do with getting clearance from the boss to access the Military Database and while it is still in red at the end of my game, I know I finished up this 'task'....if I hadn't I would still be able to go to the Military facility and talk to the girlfriend of the pilot, and it is 'greyed out' on my navigation map. How come?
Question #3 - Is my assumption or impression at the end that there will be a sequel to this right or wrong?
Click to reveal..
There may be more criminal cases Phoenix uncovers in her pursuit of the killer in Russia where she is to work with their police to capture him - and then there is the question she should be asking herself, namely - did she dream her underground meeting with the Grandmaster or did it really happen? What was real and what was 'virtual reality'?

I found this game to be most engrossing, have not found myself this sucked in by a lot of games that I end up feeling good about, but there a just a couple/few that make me want MORE, MORE, MORE! 4 I can think of off the top of my head = Culpa Innata, Dragonriders of Pern, Daemonica, oh and Around The World In 80 Days, keep up the good work Gaterlaw and Momentum. ..... broccoli tomato devilchili yay happydance
Love, Betty Lou

Edited by MaG (11/15/07 12:04 PM)
Edit Reason: added spoiler tag

#231925 - 11/15/07 12:34 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: Betty Lou]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Betty Lou smile

Actually red items are things you have as possibilities to do. Some are game essential meaning you will get to them one way or another to get to "an ending" others are choices you make as a player.

You can miss a lot of things that are open to do in the course of your game and it doesn't stop you from finishing the game.

for example. I have now started asking gamers...

and OOPS I had a significant typo in the spoiler - edited and corrected...

Click to reveal..
If anyone managed to see the piano man at cafe rose smile There are a LOT of ways through Culpa Innata. for example among other things, it is possible to finish the game and never meet Roget Arnett, see the underground (and folks) and a lot of other things.

If you finished the game, then anything left undone was passed by and the nav map grayed it out, it is because at a later point in your game, you have made your choices and that item, person place or event is no longer available. But again, you aren't punished and never prevented from reaching the end to your chosen path through the game ever.

But perhaps if you miss too many interesting side events or people it might be worth a replay later on. smile

we wanted to make a game that could be replayed, where choices make a difference, but making them never stopped your game cold or resulted in dead ends.

Edited by gatorlaw (11/15/07 02:58 PM)
Edit Reason: spoiler typo

#231933 - 11/15/07 12:56 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
GeeGee Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Victoria, BC
Thanks Gatorlaw for explaining the use of the patch for the monologues. Will probably carry on as I did get most of her comments by turning up the sound.:) This game looks really good and I am working my way through things. Interesting to see comments from other players etc. Will most likely replay this game as it has many options. Thanks again wave

#232020 - 11/15/07 05:28 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: GeeGee]
MaG Offline

Sonic Boomer

Gatorlaw does a superb job! Through rain, sleet and snow! kissy

#232065 - 11/15/07 08:02 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: MaG]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Awwww Cap'n Mags kissy

It's all from working with the best, like everyone at GB

Gee...I miss Tildie, she best be behavin in the back 40 wink

#232487 - 11/16/07 04:47 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida
I've had absolutely no trouble installing or playing this game. It is wonderful!!!! I'm not finished yet, but I do really hope there will be a sequel. Gatorlaw, I thought you were just a plain person like me. Didn't know you were a professional....I'm in awe. Thanks to you and thanks to MaG for her guide. Love, Teddo

#232502 - 11/16/07 05:06 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: Teddo]
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Teddo,

But I am just a plain person, who happens to make games and most of all LOVES to play them. The real heroes to me are everyone who buys our games, so we can keep making them smile

Hmmm could make me backwards and forwards BAAGer laugh

#232523 - 11/16/07 05:31 PM Re: Culpa crash [Re: gatorlaw]
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida
We're so lucky to have you. I LOVE to play the games too. I don't remember what I did before I found adventure games. I was a recent widow when a friend turned me onto computers and these games. It really turned my life around. I enjoy games with lots of dialogue, a good story line and pretty people. Keep up the good work. I think you have a winner with Culpa Innata. Teddo

#232857 - 11/17/07 11:06 AM Re: Culpa crash [Re: Teddo]
LindaMarion Offline
Settled Boomer

How wonderfull to be a games developer, gatorlaw.
What a loveley job I envy you.
I would so like to be able to spend days making adventur gmes instead of my boring work.
But i have not the abilities for doing that shame.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Jenny100, curly, niteowl07, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, Marian, OrleansBelle, maggsie, CanukDenis, 8dognight), 154 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Marinus_Louis, tuna, danait13, mozkito314, LeonDaydreamer
8972 Registered Users