GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How often do you use Walk Throughs #23310
04/10/07 05:49 PM
04/10/07 05:49 PM
McClure P.A. USA.
ron.etti Offline
Addicted Boomer
ron.etti  Offline
Addicted Boomer

McClure P.A. USA.
Well heres my opinion.
There are some puzzles that i could never figure out
in a million years.You all know the ones.The puzzles that make no sense at all.The ones that after you do look at a cheat you are relieved that you did because you would have never got it on your own.
I went camping and took my laptop along as i always do to play my games at night,or setting at the fire to relax.I just installed Mysterious island before i left but forgot to download a walkthrough on my desk top.
Well somewhere at the early part of the game i got stuck.I thought now is my time to do this on my own with out help.
Three days later i still had not figured out what to do ,i lost any interest in the game and missed out on a lot of enjoyable play on my vacation.At home i looked at a walkthrough and was quickly on my way again.
In short i buy these games for fun not to set myself nuts .Camping,gaming and walkthroughs go together........ lol

Re: How often do you use Walk Throughs #23311
04/10/07 06:31 PM
04/10/07 06:31 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I agree, totally, Ron.etti. Which ever way you do it... whatever gives you pleasure... that's the way to do it.

I think I rely mostly on the help thread here at Gameboomer. I think I drive them crazy up there.
They just get me going on one problem and I'm back with another. They usually just give me a push... not a shove. I love everyone there.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: How often do you use Walk Throughs #23312
04/10/07 07:49 PM
04/10/07 07:49 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I play my games as a form of entertainment and stress release. I can usually play 70% of inventory/puzzle games without peeking at a walkthrough, the rest I may take a peek for a hint to something I may not want to figure out because I'm either not in the mood or seriously stuck. The Myst games I have played using a walkthrough the entire way through. I still enjoy them and find no reason not to play a game even if I can't figure it all out myself.

I do not like to be stuck for more than a few days because my playing time is limited. If I really can't figure it out I do not feel guilty or feel like I'm cheating if I use the walkthrough. I believe it enhances the game to be able to move on because I would quit the game rather than spend a month wracking my brain to figure something out.

I am always thankful for MaG and her wonderful walkthroughs. It is a great comfort to know they are there when you need them.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: How often do you use Walk Throughs #23313
04/10/07 07:59 PM
04/10/07 07:59 PM
Southern Exposure
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer
lexxy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Southern Exposure
I use the walkthrough when I get to the point up giving up after I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. If there is a maze or slider in a game I confess that I usually break out the old walkthrough to get me through that difficult spot so I can finish the game.

carol
It doesn't cost a dime to be kind
----------------------------
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users