GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#244247 - 12/10/07 12:51 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: kraken]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
The best adventure game ever is Azrael's Tear.

Also, I read Butcher's post above and I want it to be illegal for anyone to be 22.

#244259 - 12/10/07 01:27 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: RayBres]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
lol I know what you mean. (sigh)

#244261 - 12/10/07 01:33 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: Becky]
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
smile I'll add two favorites. URU may be the prettiest game ever made and Drowned God may be the most unique.

When I was 22 I was still trying to figure out how a slide-rule worked. (If someone is 22 he has no clear idea what that is!)

#244276 - 12/10/07 02:18 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: The Haze]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted By: The Haze
When I was 22 I was still trying to figure out how a slide-rule worked. (If someone is 22 he has no clear idea what that is!)

Boy, isn't that the truth--I was amazed to discover that my electrical engineer grandson didn't even know what a slide rule was!!

As for favorite games, it's pretty hard to pick, but GK2 and the Syberia games are right up at the top of the list...yay

#244277 - 12/10/07 02:18 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: The Haze]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Black Mirror, for its gripping story and atmosphere, the final stunning twist in the tale - and all that rain. Boy, did it rain.

Still Life, for its suspense, its powerful plot, its fiendish puzzles and its wonderful characters.

Too many favourites to mention!

#244291 - 12/10/07 03:08 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: Becky]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I have several favorites, but if I had to pick just one, I would have to say Gabriel Knight The Beast Within, the reason being that the entire time is still so vivid in my mind; it made a very big impression. Most games, after a few years, I only retain rather spotty recollections of. wave

Ray, Azrael's Tear is way up there on my list, too. I think some adventure gamers might have been put off by what seems like a strange interface initially, but it is such a good game. A way-underrated adventure game. And it runs well now under the latest build of DOSBox. smile

Here's a good review of it for anyone who might be interested:

Azrael's Tear review

#244300 - 12/10/07 03:30 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: Marian]
lspace Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
My all time favourite is Discworld (the first one), hence my Gameboomers name. That game had me in stitches and the voice of Eric Idle as Rincewind was perfect casting.

#244329 - 12/10/07 04:36 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: lspace]
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Berkeley, CA
I was just thinking of starting a thread about your favorite Adventure game that few gamers know, or your favorite "bad" game. Then RayBres and Marian suggest Azrael's Tear. That was my pick for a favorite that few gamers know. I second their comments.
My favorite "bad" game is Missing. I just loved the odd puzzles, the Internet searching and the movies. And the e-mails. Lots of fun.

For me the best games probably have to be the Monkey Island games.

(btw, Becky I am excited to finally begin playing Shadow of Destiny, due to your excitement and discussion of the game in the past. Thanks for the recommendation.)

#244341 - 12/10/07 05:01 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: orchgamer]
catsmom Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: california
My favorite (and first computer game) is Blackstone Chronicles. Played it 4 or 5 times.

#244350 - 12/10/07 05:11 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: catsmom]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
Sob. Sniff. You say sooth, Maid Marian!

Sob. Sniff. After all these years, someone who's actually played AT and agrees with me. Sob. Sniff. I can't go on..... bravo

#244614 - 12/11/07 08:41 AM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: RayBres]
Dineke Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Netherlands
It is easier to say the worst game then the best game.
There are so many good games!!

The first game i ever played was "the riddle of master Lu" and i loved it.
That's why i got interested in adventure games. It will always be my favourite.

Not easy to choose the best game but Syberia I and II and the Journeyman projects are definately on my list. And the Zork's.

#244734 - 12/11/07 03:11 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: Becky]
Albert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Glennville, Ga., USA
Suddenly the memories come flooding back. The best game of all time, hard to say. Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon probably. Oh, but The Secret of Monkey Island was what got me hooked. Zork Grand Inquisitor DVD version was magnificent. And Gabriel Knight, oh yes. And Diskworld Noir. The Longest Journey is one of the best games in years. Huhm, I'll have to check out some of the others mentioned here.

Albert

#244770 - 12/11/07 04:32 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: Mary]
reikidave Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
Suffering succotash!

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war...

Sylvester andShakespeare.

Kraken (Wyndham? Tennyson?), you are one cool literary dude. yes

#244805 - 12/11/07 05:39 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: RayBres]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have a list of my ten favorites. Replayed GK 1 and 2 and said wow again! Replayed Dreamfall in spite of the horrible controls and the useless waste of time fighting. Still it managed to stay on the list. where? who knows but below those mentioned above. Then there came along one heck of a surprise Culpa Innata and that goes close to the top. In fact I wrestled with saying, "right there with GK1." Perhaps it is time will tell. But then after five years or so of serious neglect I pulled TLJ off the shelf. Actually a newer dvd version and WOW! that game smokes. Quite honestly it blows everything away. If it only had the character graphics that Dreamfall has. Voice acting, graphics of the day and story. Where do you get such a well written detailed story? How many TLJ characters just grab you? Too many to mention. I have to say it still has that wow factor after ten years. So for me TLJ hands down well ahead of everything else. With GK 1 perhaps 2 taking the next two spots. I loved Syberia 1, 2 was ok but came up short of 1. As good as Syberia is I don't "feel" the awe or experience the rich in depth characters found in TLJ.

Edited by oldmariner (12/11/07 05:42 PM)

#244834 - 12/11/07 07:09 PM Re: And the Best Game Is...................? [Re: oldmariner]
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Indiana

I love Grim Fandango, and a close second is Return to Zork. They are some of the first adventure games on the pc I played and I just love the humor in them.

Koalanut

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Flo NS, Marian, oldbroad, mabeco, colpet, dorish, Jenny100, saskee, k28d13j11, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users