GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What makes you enjoy a game ? [Re: BeaSong] #253675
12/28/07 05:22 PM
12/28/07 05:22 PM
Cambridge, England
Kickaha Offline
Addicted Boomer
Kickaha  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Cambridge, England
What makes a game enjoyable is very subjective - even whether the puzzles are good or the ending bad is something personal.

A big factor in me enjoying a game is not the game itself, but my expectation of it. Too much hype and a game is likely to fall short. But if I can play a game on its own terms, feel like I'm the first person through those caverns, then it can worm its way into my affections.

Used to answer to "Peter Smith", now answers to "Peter Rootham-Smith"
Re: What makes you enjoy a game ? [Re: BeaSong] #254596
12/30/07 02:38 PM
12/30/07 02:38 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

For me to truly enjoy a game the two things it must have are a good story and an easily manageable interface cool

I can cope with non-state-of-the-art graphics, less than perfect voice-overs, below par music and even some arcade stuff .... but I absolutely HATE long and involved timed action sequences that end in death mad

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: What makes you enjoy a game ? [Re: Jenny100] #255049
12/31/07 11:06 AM
12/31/07 11:06 AM
Chicago
J
Jess519 Offline
Settled Boomer
Jess519  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Chicago
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I like a game that's good at what it sets out to be good at.

Jenny100, your post is pretty much exactly how I feel too. smile What's most important for my enjoyment of a game varies depending on what type of game it's trying to be.

And I can put up with quite a bit of bad aspects to a game as long as there's some good and/or great to make up for it.

The only thing that can truly kill a game for me is too many obscure inventory puzzles. I can't stand puzzles that involve clicking all your inventory on a hotspot until you find the inventory item that works, because the solution is the weirdest inventory item you never thought of using. Or puzzles that involve weird combinations of inventory items to create a new item. If a game has too much of these types of puzzles, I'll usually still finish them but will resort to a walkthru, b/c it's not fun for me to keep randomly clicking. And even though I'll finish them it kind of kills my enjoyment.

------

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 227 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users