GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#259320 - 01/08/08 08:50 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: Jenny100]
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: land gal just wanna have fun
Please tell me what is FPS? This is part of the motion sickness in games and I want to avoid games that have this. Thanks in advance and I hope the game developers will truly warn us in advance of games that have 360 panning, at least gameboomers mods will or others in the boomer family.

#259335 - 01/08/08 09:03 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: Sherryah]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The only thing in Gaming I know it stands for is First Person Shooter. duh

Ana wave

#259337 - 01/08/08 09:07 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer

I am referring to where Becky says ". It's a 3D environment, but it doesn't have FPS-type of movement"
in regards to motion sickness in games. I do not think she means shooting games does she? Thank you for replying in advance.

#259343 - 01/08/08 09:19 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: Sherryah]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I believe she is referring to the type of movement in First Person Shooter games, yes.

It is a first person view and you can pan around the room in FPS games.

Ana wave

#259353 - 01/08/08 09:35 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Sherryah -- Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is an example of a 3D game with a First Person Shooter (FPS)-like movement, where you can pan around the environment using the mouse, and move by using the WASD keys (or sometimes the arrow keys or by holding down the left mouse button). It provides more freedom in exploring the environment, but it does tend to cause the most nausea in those prone to nausea. frown

Other games with panning are 2D node-based game, where you click to go forward, then pan around in a kind of bubble, looking up down and around. An example of this would be Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy.

#259363 - 01/08/08 09:56 AM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: Becky]
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for explaining Becky, now I have an excuse to give my brain, inner ear, and stomach, when I feel dizzy, vomit or feel nauseous. LOL Learn something new everyday from you all.

Edited by Sherryah (01/08/08 09:57 AM)

#259467 - 01/08/08 01:52 PM Re: Help with Motion Sickness (no, seriously) [Re: nickie]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: nickie
Just click your "Shift" key. It will stay in that mode but occasionally slip back to run. wave

Excellent! Thanks, nickie. cool

URU KI #03564317

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (chrissie, granny, Barb, kjos, grgmls, Ellasa, stevefox), 58 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl
8418 Registered Users