GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#263591 - 01/16/08 03:58 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: Pirate_Hunter]
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
My favorite is Von Glower *swoon*

And Gabe, of course. smile

#263658 - 01/16/08 06:01 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: ssgamer]
metzomagic Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Charlotte, hi,

Originally Posted By: ssgamer
Gabriel Knight 3 will run on xp, just set to compat mod 98. It runs just fine on my older xp,(yr 2001) but with the dual core you have to disable one. (something I haven't learned as yet)

Well, we have an article at the top of the Glitches & Patches forum that tells you exactly what you need to know in this regard: how to disable the second processor for only the applications you want to disable it for yes

The article is called 'Legacy Games & Hyperthreading', and here is the direct link to it:

http://www.gameboomers.com/Members/legacygameshyperthreading.htm

That article was written before the advent of dual core, but everything that applies to hyperthreading also applies to dual core wink

Just concentrate on the part of the article that applies to using the 'imagecfg' utility, and you're away!

Regards,
MetzO'Magic

Running old games in XP/Vista? Then visit Steve's XP Corner!

#263665 - 01/16/08 06:15 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: metzomagic]
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
I personally loved GK3. I'd always been interested in the Templers, the Masons, and the whole mystery surrounding the "lost treasure". Jane Jensen was way ahead of Dan Brown in bringing us this facinating story, and there's a lot a genuine research involved in the game. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a computer that will play it.

#263804 - 01/17/08 12:56 AM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: SuMac]
ssgamer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Metzo,
I've been using your help for some of the older games. I will try this. I have a list of older ones, yet to buy or play. I have played all three GK's and all four BS's. So looking for some other interesting games.
Charllotte

Playing Byzantine, Dead Reefs, UnderCover

Edited by ssgamer (01/17/08 12:59 AM)

#266786 - 01/22/08 09:55 AM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: ssgamer]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: PA, USA
I just replayed this (well on the end sequence now). It's been several years but it's still one of my favourites.

I was reading in one of the walkthroughs though about a premature alternate ending. Has anyone tried it? I didn't keep a saved game at that point so I'll have to replay from the beginning to check that out!

Click to reveal..
When you're in the forest at the lodge. Von Glower gives you the rifle and tells you to shoot Von Zell. Von Zell as the wolf, gestures towards Von Glower telling you to shoot him instead as he's the alpha. Apparently if you do shoot Von Glower you and Von Zell are free from the werewolf curse.

Edited by misa (01/22/08 09:58 AM)

#267500 - 01/23/08 02:29 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: misa]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

Grr... I had forgotten how tedious the endgame was until attempting it last night about 10 times before I gave up. If there's anyone who's totally stuck on the end game but just want to see the ending I found a youtube video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=auAy-aRiyvA

You'll miss one key task at the very end but at least you'll see the ending. smile

Edited by misa (01/23/08 02:49 PM)

#267508 - 01/23/08 02:47 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: misa]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Many thanks for that link, Misa--what fun to relive those last moments in a wonderful game...bravo

#267517 - 01/23/08 03:07 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: Jenny]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

After playing all 3 again within the past few months, I think GK2 is definitely my favourite. It was great to see the characters brought to life by actors. Such a shame that we will probably never see a GK4 (or a GK3 novel!).

#267643 - 01/23/08 07:33 PM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: misa]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted By: misa
Such a shame that we will probably never see a GK4 (or a GK3 novel!).

I agree, Misa--after finishing GK3, I spent quite a bit of time searching around until I found copies of the two novels that I could afford (some of the prices being asked were hairraising!!). I was surprised, and disappointed, to discover that there had never been a third one--I suppose the sale of the first two wasn't great enough to warrant investment in the third...cry

#267963 - 01/24/08 11:08 AM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: Jenny]
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer

I bought both novels back in the day after play GK1 & GK2. smile

Have you read Jane's book Millenium Rising (also known as "Judgement Day")? It's very good and would make a great adventure game too! smile

#267982 - 01/24/08 11:42 AM Re: Finally finished GK Beast Within! [Re: misa]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hi misa,
Thank you much for the link to the youtube video for the ending to GK2: The Beast Within. I never got to see the ending when I played the game years ago when it first came out because there was some kind of a glitch with the werewolves in the maze at the end and the screen went crazy. I only read about the ending in the walkthrough. Even so it still was one of my favorite games. I liked Gabe and Grace that much!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Cue, Haroula, Lagavulin, connie, kjos, monbron, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users